Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß midfielder SIGNED from FC Ingolstadt 04.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
I use an app called SofaScore for livescores and stats. They rate every player on a combination of other stats. Our new man was the 18th best player in the Bundesliga this season. Level with Ribery. For his club he was the best rated player. For context I've added the championship one too.

I'm delighted he is rated so highly. Exciting signing.
54df7bb9724b6d9c47774d0538743109.jpg
5a300b161a8fb4880f30e20d24e741d2.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Excellent article via Twitter, this selection stood out to me:

About those longballs. After reviewing InStat footage of precisely just this pass type, I can report that Groß is a sensationally skilled long ball man. Utterly beautiful. His Long balls, at least the ones he launches during the run of play from somewhere deep in the heart of the midfield, have the lovely aesthetic curve of a proportional parabola, somehow gently terminating on the foot of his teammate. Put another way, more than any other Bundesliga midfielder I’ve seen, Groß’s longballs resemble the “long bomb” throw of an elite NFL quarterback. (Note: I shamelessly went hometown hero in my NFL example on that URL. You’ve been warned.) Something about the heft, arc, and descent of Groß’s long ball. In terms of functionality, the Groß long ball can thus bypass row(s) of defenders and land just perfectly in front of his target man. Much like the vaunted American football pass over the wide receiver’s shoulder that the defender has no chance of intercepting.

FLAIR

http://bundesligafanatic.com/song-of-the-unsung-midfielders-pascal-gros/

Code:
http://bundesligafanatic.com/song-of-the-unsung-midfielders-pascal-gros/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here