Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets face it, Brighton are just lucky.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have the Palace fans turned up early? ???

Why did they pass through Newh..........first? i'll get me coat...... scurries away

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
To have Caroline Lucas as an MP.
So impressed with her tonight,and for some time, if she was leader of a party that stood a chance of winning I would at least know where my X is going.
There are a few decent MP's out there, how come they never seem to get into a position to lead the country.
Or am I wrong, Brightonians will know far more than me.

The 'Friday Night Drinking' thread is tomorrow mate, but judging by that post you've started already!
Unless you are starting a 'Thursday Night Drug Taking' thread?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So impressed with her tonight,and for some time, if she was leader of a party that stood a chance of winning I would at least know where my X is going.
There are a few decent MP's out there, how come they never seem to get into a position to lead the country.

Some of Brighton are lucky, yes. We've had Simon Kirby over this side. Hopefully we'll be seeing the back of him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Meanwhile over on Question Time Jonathan Bartley, the co-leader of the Greens, is talking a darn load more sense than either the labour or tory person. For that matter Charles Moore and Vince Cable also talk huge amounts of sense than either of the people who will actually form a government. Why do we get the wrong people representing us all the time? (rhetorical)

Oct 25, 2003
Some of Brighton are lucky, yes. We've had Simon Kirby over this side. Hopefully we'll be seeing the back of him.

bloody hope so- he's utterly useless. Fortunately has a small majority though and with libs dems/greens not running we should see him lose his seat to Labour

how I wish we had someone like Lucas over here, she's an excellent MP

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Meanwhile over on Question Time Jonathan Bartley, the co-leader of the Greens, is talking a darn load more sense than either the labour or tory person. For that matter Charles Moore and Vince Cable also talk huge amounts of sense than either of the people who will actually form a government. Why do we get the wrong people representing us all the time? (rhetorical)

I was going to say that too. Firstly Caroline Lucas and now Jonathan Bartley, have I missed something as I tend to concentrate on the main parties.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Possibly as it is easy to pop out idealistic soundbites knowing that you will not have to back them up financially. I would love a world where we all sit around plaiting daisies into each others' hair. Ain't gonna happen.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Possibly as it is easy to pop out idealistic soundbites knowing that you will not have to back them up financially. I would love a world where we all sit around plaiting daisies into each others' hair. Ain't gonna happen.

That is very true, but they both have something about them that makes you like them and listen to them with no pre conceptions that you hate the party they lead, which was pretty much my point in the first place.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Yes she is great.
- As long as you dont drive a car and have to rive at 2MPH though the majorty of the city.
- As long as you dont mind the billion and one speed bumps
- As long as you are one of the 3 people a day that use the multi million pund bike lanes and not oen of the tens of thousands sitting in cars where they nicked one of more of the car lanes to create these 'green bike lanes'
- As long as you dont mind waititn and the hundreds of new trafic lights designed to ruin the traffic flow
- As long as you dont mind the recylcing being strewn all over the sreets as they can't get it right
-As long as you dont mind looking out to sea and seeing the monstrosities that are going up and ruining our views
-As long as you dont mind the floods of beggars and homeloess whihc are welcomed with open arms
-As long as you are not one of the people who have to pay for the above

Need I go on?

Charming lady but detestable policies.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

But actually whats happening is that the Tory and the Labour are popping out idealistic soundbites with nonsense financial backing, whereas Bartley, Moore and Cable are talking in depth, with nuance, understanding and positive suggestions to make a change (from very different standpoints of course).

If your idea of a perfect world is people with flowers in their hair, then good for you, and I think you should work harder to achieve it. I think everyone should work harder to make the world a better place and not settle for the shite we get dished up.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I assume you disapprove.

Thought I was being a bit ambiguous to keep people guessing...but looks like you sussed it...well played mate!

PS...glad to see someone can still actually get when it's a piss taking response and respond in same vein without getting all uppity and 'offended' 😀 😃!

Oct 25, 2003
Yes she is great.
- As long as you dont drive a car and have to rive at 2MPH though the majorty of the city.
- As long as you are one of the 3 people a day that use the multi million pund bike lanes and not oen of the tens of thousands sitting in cars where they nicked one of more of the car lanes to create these 'green bike lanes'
- As long as you dont mind waititn and the hundreds of new trafic lights designed to ruin the traffic flow
- As long as you dont mind the recylcing being strewn all over the sreets as they can't get it right
-As long as you dont mind looking out to sea and seeing the monstrosities that are going up and ruining our views
-As long as you dont mind the floods of beggars and homeloess whihc are welcomed with open arms

Need I go on?

which of these are the responsibility of an MP and which are the responsibility of the local council?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yes she is great.
Had a lot of residents support (20mph). Also, mostly, supported by opposition parties with ammendments

Been in the area long before the Greens
They weren't introduced by the Green Party...
Do they ?
Greens don't run the council anymore- suggest you speak to Mr Morgan
Again, what has that got to do with Caroline Lucas ?
Were the other parties sending them away again ? You don't like homeless people ?
Green voters don't pay for any of the above ?

Need I go on?

No, just need to have a bit more factual analysis.

Each to their own.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Greens are bloody bonkers.
Quite often on NSC ive seen green supporters say their policies are mental but Caroline Lucas is a good egg and a great representative of her constituents.

Whatever you think of her or the greens you have to respect that view and give it credence considering the voters keep voting for her.
Bit like Skinner, completely out there on the fringes but no one would deny he is an excellent MP puts in more hours than anyone else in the house and still finds time to run his surgeries. Could do with more like that.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes she is great.

Need I go on?

Can you think of anything else?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here