Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Cornell RIP

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
This is devastating news. His was a voice that sound tracked a generation.

I understand that he was working on a new Audioslave album so perhaps there will still be some new music to add to his legacy

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
While it was coming from America, after 15 years of the Tory party, it is unsurprising that a generation of us in the UK coming into adulthood at the start of the 90s took to grunge like Brighton players have taken to champagne. "Times are gone for honest men". RIP.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Wow I am totally shocked RIP. The comeback album by Soundgarden a few years back
Was really good. The early stuff was excellent and such a strong voice.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Soundgarden were an integral part of the soundtrack to my University days, I am genuinely shocked by this. Rest in peace, Chris, and thank you for so much great music.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hadn't listened to Soundgarden in, well, probably decades, but was sad to read about this today. Part of the soundtrack of my late teens.

Friend of mine recently went to Seattle and brought me back a Sub Pop mug! Rock and Roll!

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Hadn't listened to Soundgarden in, well, probably decades, but was sad to read about this today. Part of the soundtrack of my late teens.

Friend of mine recently went to Seattle and brought me back a Sub Pop mug! Rock and Roll!

Hands All Over from that album is awesome, especially the vocal. Jesus Christ Pose from the Badmotorfinger album is also a personal fave.

Unfortunately Police are now investigating a possible suicide. Very sad indeed.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hands All Over from that album is awesome, especially the vocal. Jesus Christ Pose from the Badmotorfinger album is also a personal fave.

Is that right? Very sad.

Louder than Love and Badmotorfinger were the only Soundgarden albums I owned but been revisiting them today. Really good. Brilliant voice.

He was also one of those fellas you'd look at and think, as a red blooded hetero-sexual man you understand, that's a good looking man.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Blimey, that really is a shock. Loved Audioslave. Don't normally get too upset by the deaths of people I don't know, but this feels like a right kick in gut for some reason. RIP

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Oh that is tragic ..... why

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm a massive Zac Brown Band fan. Here's Chris Cornell's contribution to their album Jekyll + Hyde:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Back when it still mattered to me to rank these things, Soundgarden were my #1 favourite band. I had felt reassured in recent years by the fact that they were still recording and touring and sounding good that maybe some bands didn't have to end in an acrimonious split or death and... here we are.

I was going to post the album version of Fell On Black Days but this turned up on a YouTube search and I like it a lot:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can't Change Me

A beautiful song from his brilliant and underrated 1st solo album Euphoria Morning. Something about the video reminds me of Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaxI41Oqdfw

"Suddenly I can see everything that's wrong with me yeah
What can I do I'm the only thing I really have
At all"

RIP

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here