Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you prefer to go up in the play-off final?

Reading or Huddersfield?

• Reading

Votes: 67 32.8%
  • Huddersfield

Votes: 137 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hmm tricky, it'll be hillairous if Reading blow it but it is a close away game..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Didn't the same happen to Norwich in their promotion season?

From league one, I think you're right. Though at the beginning of the season and under different management to what they ended with. Funnily enough I think they pinched Paul Lambert from Colchester soon after that result and exacted a similar scoreline in the reverse fixture later that season.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Reading conceded 7 (seven) to Norwich in one half. No one who concedes 7 (seven) in a half in the championship, to mediocrity, deserves to get promoted the same season. Norwich couldn't even score against us.

EDIT: Any one who concedes 7 (seven) in a half in the championship with the same management hierarchy all season, to mediocrity, deserves to get promoted the same season to the Premier League.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
voted for Reading for local convenience mainly, seems logical to keep the majority of Yorkie clubs together

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Don't like Wagner. He was at it again last night with his self-congratulations about doing it on a small budget and Huddersfield being favourites for relegation pre-season. I suspect, David, that might have been before your recruitment team and Chairman used the loan system to provide you with a squad of extremely good players - many of whom would walk into other prominent Championship starting line-ups as talented individuals....

But, no, it really is all about you, your clever German-ness and your magnificent coaching achievement in somehow galvanising this plucky bunch of cast-offs and has-beens into a potent force. If only other clubs had someone innovative enough to re-brand traditional light training between matches as "activation sessions"...

Prefer Reading to go up but not really bothered.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I want Huddersfield to go up - they have less chance of staying up unless they perform miracles in the loan market again. I don't think you can have that many loanees in the PL anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They'll be in the Premier League with Premier League money. If their parent clubs want them playing at that level, then Hudds will be able to afford to keep them there. I believe 5 loans max on an EFL teamsheet whereas no limits in the Premier League.

Massively wrong.

There is a maximum of TWO (domestic) loans allowed, in the Prem. They could keep a max TWO of Brown, Mooy, Palmer and Ward.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Massively wrong.

There is a maximum of TWO (domestic) loans allowed, in the Prem. They could keep a max TWO of Brown, Mooy, Palmer and Ward.

I was quoting a piece from an online article ( I know it's the Sun but..)
Now all loan signings in the Premier League and EFL must be made during transfer windows.
The only slight difference in regulation is that Football League clubs can only name five loan players on their teamsheets whereas the Premier League has no restriction.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-different-loan-rules-to-the-football-league/

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think we've already won as neither will have any hope of staying up.
However: Reading. Southern, positive goal difference and there's the ticking timebomb of their prospective owners vs the Premier League.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Huddersfield as they are more likely to finish below us, also with Reading`s new Chinese owners not sure how much money they`ll have to spend and will probably be competing with us for new players.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Huddersfield deserve it more, they were clearly the 3rd best team this season, they downed tools a few weeks to go otherwise would have finished 3rd.

Although I really dont care to be honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here