Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dashlane - does anyone use it?

Dashlane - supposedly protects passwords from hacking, is it any good?

It came free with the PC I bought but it wants me to register before I use it and I'm wary of registering on sites I don't know.

For banks and other important sites I use individual passwords but like a lot of people on other sites where no personal info is stored I use the same password (not the one I use on NSC :) ) I don't want to start using Dashlane only to find it creates random passwords for each of these other sites that it remembers but I can't remember when I use a different device.

And if I stop using Dashlane at some time in the future and it's remembered all these highly secure passwords presumably I'd have to change each one invidually back to something I can remember?

Thanks in advance for any (helpful) suggestions

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Never heard of Dashlane.

I use Password Safe (https://pwsafe.org/) on my mac/iphone/ipad and Keepass (http://keepass.info/) on my work PC.

Both allow you to either have a randonly generated password or to put your own in. Keepass allows automation too, so when I go to a frequently used website or application I just hit F2 and it puts in the userid/password (and anything else if you so desire).

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have used Dashlane for quite a while now with no problems. Does save having to remember all those peskey passwords.

Started using in my old laptop, which I still mainly use, and when I bought a new one, like yourself, it was already installed. Strangely, as I only use the new laptop for limited work have not signed up yet.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Used it for a few years. set one master password to enter site, then the site will randomly select passwords as required. No problems, saves a lot of time and repetition

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Ive used the Premium version for a number of years and it works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here