Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Players who played just ONCE for the Albion (not interested in the chap we sold before he'd played at all).

I was privileged to witness these ENTIRE Albion careers, in person:

Ali Al Habsi - conceding three times at Bournemouth in his only game, after we signed him on a month loan, in a month when he was away with Oman for three weeks!

Nzuzi Toko - 45 uninspiring minutes at Burton in the League Cup. Some misleading youtube reel, that was. What were we thinking?

Scott Chamberlain - away to Bristol City in a particularly rubbish JPT trophy game. What was I thinking?

And (my) winner;

Shane McFaul - came on just once, at Withdean, (against Crewe?). In the 88th minute!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Edit, ignore -Jason Dodd actually made it to 7 appearances.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
James Virgo: and he scored!
Current Bristol City manager: Lee Johnson. Who also scored (though, I think, only in a penalty shootout)
Geoff Pitcher: one game, one penalty, goodbye.

Don't score on your debut.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Players who played just ONCE for the Albion (not interested in the chap we sold before he'd played at all).

Ali Al Habsi - conceding three times at Bournemouth in his only game, after we signed him on a month loan, in a month when he was away with Oman for three weeks!

Nzuzi Toko - 45 uninspiring minutes at Burton in the League Cup. Some misleading youtube reel, that was. What were we thinking?

Scott Chamberlain - away to Bristol City in a particularly rubbish JPT trophy game. What was I thinking?

And (my) winner;

Shane McFaul - came on just once, at Withdean, (against Crewe?). In the 88th minute!

Nice. Had forgotten all about Chamberlain. Wonder if he is still playing? Couldn't find any stats past 2010 where he had a stint at Lewes apparently.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There was a keeper, something Jones.... I remember seeing him play at Luton in a game Leon Knight was sent off?

He can't have played more than once?

He was shite

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Savage couldn't have played many, and would be surprised if it added up to 90 mins

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Current Bristol City manager: Lee Johnson. Who also scored (though, I think, only in a penalty shootout)

Johnson is an excellent shout - one game v Cardiff in the JPT.

Not Pitcher though - he played at least 5 or 6, surely?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Florent Chaigneau

One game (away somewhere) in 05/06.
He was shite.

Excellent!

He should have been on my list, as I was at that. Away to Southampton, the day McGhee threw Michel (and Knight) off the coach!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We had an American keeper on loan, Jorgen Sommer (sp?). He only played one game for us and looked pretty good too.

We played a lot of keepers in our last few years at Withdean, most of them forgettable - there were probably some who played one game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We had an American keeper on loan, Jorgen Sommer (sp?). He only played one game for us and looked pretty good too.

We played a lot of keepers in our last few years at Withdean, most of them forgettable - there were probably some who played one game.

And one, that we signed from non-league that played none at all. Naisbit / Naismith?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How about the Orient v Brighton match (Russell Slade's first ever game) for a whole host of one-game players.

Gary Borrowdale? Andersen in goal? Did Matt Heath play many games?

2581g69.jpg

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

And (my) winner;

Awesome thread!

I didn't realise that I had been there for his entire career!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
How about the Orient v Brighton match (Russell Slade's first ever game) for a whole host of one-game players.

Gary Borrowdale? Andersen in goal? Did Matt Heath play many games?

2581g69.jpg

I'm sure Borrowdale and Heath played a few games. Andersen is a possibility though

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Geoff Pitcher played more than 1 game and I am not sure if he ever scored (you may be thinking of Graham Barrett who scored once which was a penalty but also unfortunately stunk up more than 1 game for us) , and Lee Johnson's goal was from open play in the Football League Trophy against Cardiff.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

lee Johnson Scored quite a good goal against Cardiff I think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here