Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Russell Bromage.

Now a window cleaner in Shoreham.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
In looking up Franco Massimo (who made 2 substitute appearances, so I saw half of his Albion career), I found Daren Newman who was an apprentice at the same time. Played once in a 2-0 home defeat to the mighty Shrewsbury Town in 1986 or 87. I suspect I saw his entire Albion career, but cannot recall it. Sorry Daren.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
and so far James Tilley had 60 seconds under his belt when Hughton gave him a run out at Middlesbrough in May 2015.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
David Macciochi - made his debut away at the Victoria Ground, Stoke in September 1992 and I think that was his only appearance.

Think he came from QPR.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yaser Kasim was another ex Spur that Brighton signed, played once....

Ooh - that's another one I should have had on my personal list then, as I was there for his entire career, too - away to Notts County on the last day of the season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In looking up Franco Massimo (who made 2 substitute appearances, so I saw half of his Albion career), I found Daren Newman who was an apprentice at the same time. Played once in a 2-0 home defeat to the mighty Shrewsbury Town in 1986 or 87. I suspect I saw his entire Albion career, but cannot recall it. Sorry Daren.

With mates from Hove Park, I used to go to all of the reserve games at that time - always played at the Goldstone, £1 to get in the West Stand, including your team sheet. Massimo, David Gipp, Newman, Ian Muir, etc. Some talent in that side. Newman was genuinely quite a decent centre back and really should have made some first team appearances. I believe there were ATTITUDE issues.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With mates from Hove Park, I used to go to all of the reserve games at that time - always played at the Goldstone, £1 to get in the West Stand, including your team sheet. Massimo, David Gipp, Newman, Ian Muir, etc. Some talent in that side. Newman was genuinely quite a decent centre back and really should have made some first team appearances. I believe there were ATTITUDE issues.

Hans IYHO was David Gipp treated unfairly by Barry Lloyd or was he just not good enough, an overhyped reserve?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hans IYHO was David Gipp treated unfairly by Barry Lloyd or was he just not good enough, an overhyped reserve?

Really hard to judge, without much evidence at first team level, but he certainly had something about him, and he was a favourite amongst the reserve match crowd. He really was VERY small / lightweight, though.

Muir was absolutely not given the chances he ought to have been (as his subsequent record-breaking career at Tranmere went on to prove).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I was at that game - wasn't too long afterwards that Cattlin was sacked (which I was absolutely gutted about). Sean Edwards was also in that crop of apprentices; I can't remember if he actually appeared for the first-team or not. And goalkeeper Trevor Wood was the same year as Massimo, as was David Gipp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here