Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

Oct 25, 2003
Thank you.

Yes - he probably made 10 appearances now I've said that! Did he score any? I've also got the feeling he did...

Oh well, he was eminently forgettable.

he was rubbish- played under Garcia for half a season after we sold Barnes (not sure if the two transfers were linked)

he did score but he was one of those strikers that simply never looked like he was ever capable of scoring

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Darren Newman been mentioned?

Newhaven lad

remember him playing against Shrewsbury

we lost

hence the one appearence

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Thought Jonny Dixon might be a correct answer but he managed 5 appearances apparently. Quit football to pursue a music career if I recall.

Jimmy Grimble

Jack Compton was a name from the Withdean years, don't think he ever played a game though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jack Compton was a name from the Withdean years, don't think he ever played a game though.

Signed on a short-term contract in the summer of 2008 after being released by West Brom. Released at Christmas. Didn't realise that he went on to have something of a league career, including a number of games for Pompey in 2012-13 and appearing for Newport County this season.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think I'm right in saying Stafford Browne made one appearance , or maybe a handful.

Brian McKenna made his debut and that was that

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
We had an American keeper on loan, Jorgen Sommer (sp?). He only played one game for us and looked pretty good too.

We played a lot of keepers in our last few years at Withdean, most of them forgettable - there were probably some who played one game.

The man in question was Tony Meola and he left to go back to the U S of A as a kicke90r in the NFL. Signed post Italia 90 if I recall

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I thought David González played once in 2012, but he made 4 appreances according to Wiki.

Another I thought of was Paul Hinshelwood (brother of Adam), but he never made an appearance before joining Torquay in 2007.

Not sure of mentioned, but Chris May played exactly once!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Last one. . . Maksimenko

I believe he played about 10 seconds in the league cup v Cheltenham as well as the one league game, I only remember this because I was sat next to the dugout and fenelon and maksimenko stood waiting to come on from about the 92nd minute through about 3 minutes of injury time without the ball going out, only for CMS to score and them to come on for kick off which the referee blew up after the ball was kicked.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Oct 25, 2003
The man in question was Tony Meola and he left to go back to the U S of A as a kicke90r in the NFL. Signed post Italia 90 if I recall

we had both Meola and Sommer. Meola played 2 games for us. He went on the have a very successful career in MLS and gained a whopping 100 caps for his national team

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
we had both Meola and Sommer. Meola played 2 games for us. He went on the have a very successful career in MLS and gained a whopping 100 caps for his national team

Did Sommer follow in Meola's footsteps? I remember one but not the other weirdly.

So including Meola and Junior McDougald we've had 3 Americans play for us.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere but wonder outside Spanish what's the most represented non U.K./Eire Nationality we've had on our books?

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Did Sommer follow in Meola's footsteps? I remember one but not the other weirdly.

4, David Yelldell is American as well (although he was born in Germany)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere but wonder outside Spanish what's the most represented non U.K./Eire Nationality we've had on our books?

Spain must be top:
off the top of my head -
1 Bruno
2 Calde
3 Vicente
4 David Rodriguez
5 David Lopez
6 Adrian Colunga
7 Johnny Dixon (yes, really)
8 Andrea Orlandi

Next, French?

1 Alexis Bertin
2 David Martot
3 Seb Carole
4 Anthony Knockaert
5 Florent Changeau (sp)
6 Alex Frutos

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Spain must be top:
off the top of my head -
1 Bruno
2 Calde
3 Vicente
4 David Rodriguez
5 David Lopez
6 Adrian Colunga
7 Johnny Dixon (yes, really)
8 Andrea Orlandi

Next, French?

1 Alexis Bertin
2 David Martot
3 Seb Carole
4 Anthony Knockaert
5 Florent Changeau (sp)
6 Alex Frutos

James Harper had a Spanish passport too I believe.

Bizarrely Argentina would be quite high with Turienzo, Battipiedi and Baz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here