Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Storyville - O J Simpson: Made in America - BB4

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Been watching the first three parts of this on catch up.

Five part series of 90 minute programmes - incredible documentary.

The fella will be 70 this year.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
It's absolutely brilliant. Far more than just a retelling of his sorry story, so familiar to pretty much everyone. Is as much a social/racial history as a biopic.

Last I read he was due to be released this year?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's absolutely brilliant. Far more than just a retelling of his sorry story, so familiar to pretty much everyone. Is as much a social/racial history as a biopic.

Last I read he was due to be released this year?

Yes, as much a commentary on race relations in LA, and the role of LAPD in exacerbating bad relations with the black community as it is to do with OJ himself.

OJ can apply for parole in the Autumn. Will be interesting to see if he gets it.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
As you say it's pretty much a historical documentary on race relations etc.

From what I can see re OJ he's being considered for parole after nine years inside - thirty three year sentence,

I'm struck by the quality of it - BBC quality.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
An amazing documentary. The background information covered in the first 2/3 hours about the racial tensions between the police and the public was a fascinating set up to the court coverage.

I was gripped.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I've just finished watching the one on Netflix, The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. I'm early 30s so wasn't really aware of what was going on at the time. Good to have a history lesson.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I've just finished watching the one on Netflix, The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. I'm early 30s so wasn't really aware of what was going on at the time. Good to have a history lesson.

That was a very good quality drama/documentary.

I remember well watching the trial live - it was incredible at the time as British courts were not televised and to see a live trial especially of one of the most well-known American sportsman was box office.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

It's hard to think of any event lasting so long that had such a large TV audience. I had a bar in Spain at the time and every tourist bar showed Fools & Horses or similar all day, every day. But OJ just took over. Every bar had it on and people would sit and watch it! As for the verdict.Posters up in the bars anouncing the time it was due and we were all packed out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here