Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which 3 teams will we finish above next season

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
He has taken Bournemouth possibly to a top 10 finish in the Premier League?!? How can you in all honesty question his ability to manager? If Chris Hughton had achieved what Howe has at Bournemouth he would be a legend and rightfully so...

I'm sure plenty of so called bigger teams have come in for Howe, but he is happy building a legacy at Bournemouth and hopefully taking the club he has supported all his life into a new stadium and to further success..

A half-trained chimpanzee could get Bournemouth to a 10th-place finish in the PL if it received the backing Howe has had from the Russian "sugar-daddy".:)

If he hadn't deserted a sinking ship like a rat at Burnley in October 2012, smug Eddie would likely have taken Burnley into League One that season - a defence like a sieve despite having Lee Grant, Trippier, Duff, Shackell and Mee on the books.

I fancy Brighton for 16th/17th next season - play-off winners to finish bottom, Watford (18th) and Swansea (19th).... have a feeling Newcastle could "bomb" again if they don't start well.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Watford- They have been awful when we have played them this season, Add to that a dodgy board and a probable new manager, I think its their time for the drop.
Swasea- Not sure the new American owners are that clued up, May lose a couple of their better players too. Cya Swans.
Reading- Can see them winning the playoffs but being out of their depth in the top division.

Plenty of other average teams in the league as well...

Burnley can't do as well at home again next season IMO. B'muff have been very average for most of the second half of this season.

I reckon if you can get 3 or 4 quality signings and a couple of squad fillers you will be fine, It makes a massive difference particularly the first couple of seasons up if the Board/management/fans are all pulling in the same direction, Which you seem to have.

Wow, so you are actually human.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
A half-trained chimpanzee could get Bournemouth to a 10th-place finish in the PL if it received the backing Howe has had from the Russian "sugar-daddy".:)

If he hadn't deserted a sinking ship like a rat at Burnley in October 2012, smug Eddie would likely have taken Burnley into League One that season - a defence like a sieve despite having Lee Grant, Trippier, Duff, Shackell and Mee on the books.

Well well you can rely on good old Lancey to pipe up when Eddie is mentioned - your obsession continues I see..

Well done to Burnley too - amazing achievement to stay up in the PL having spent no money at all. Astounding..

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
.... have a feeling Newcastle could "bomb" again if they don't start well.

Quite a contrast if you check social media, where they seem to be gearing up for a Champions League push. They will be fine so long as they don't employ Schteve again.

Watford seem to be the most consistent club mentioned on this thread, and having seen a few of their performances it's hard to disagree. A good Summer can change that though.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
However comes up through the playoffs will have a massive gap to bridge.
Watford have really struggled for months now and can consider themselves lucky not to have been in more trouble.
Will Swansea improve on their last two struggling seasons?

To be honest it's hard to tell apart any of those clubs in the middle this season, from West Brom, Southampton, Bournemouth all the way to Palace - barely a cigarette paper between them.

With just one game to go, only 5 points separate 8th-placed Saints and 16th-placed Watford....Burnley can finish as high as 12th or as low as 17th depending on the last match at home to West Ham. Whoever finishes 8th, it will be slightly misleading as 7th-placed Everton have 61 points.

There is about £2.5 million difference for each position in the table but such is the wealth of the PL, it does not seem any clubs/managers are THAT bothered about finishing as high as possible....Michael Keane and Ben Mee have missed the last 2 matches with very minor injuries but both probably would have played if points were still needed to avoid the drop.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Brighton with Hughton are like Derby, Middlesborough, Norwich all have big ideas about where they should be and how massive their support is but have always fallen short when it really matters.

I can't wait to see how yours fans react when you are on a 10 game losing streak next season. We will see how good you really are at backing your manager and players then!

why??? what does it matter to you?

I was just praising Howe btw

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Hull & Sunderland going down probably did not surprise that many people but I think most thought Middlesbrough would have had enough to survive - but 28 points with one game left is a very poor effort (almost embarrassing).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hull & Sunderland going down probably did not surprise that many people but I think most thought Middlesbrough would have had enough to survive - but 28 points with one game left is a very poor effort (almost embarrassing).

Hard to feel sorry for their classless fans (a majority of) who a year ago seemed to think it was the last time they would have to play the likes of lowly Brighton, and were on an upward trend.

As fate would have it they were right in part, just not how they imagined it:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's happened to West Brom? 6 points out of a possible 36, they could be dark horses.

I think Burnley could struggle, and whoever goes up out of Tinpot/Massive/Hudds.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Must have been frustrating to watch Boro this season for their fans, Karanka thought they would be ok playing defensive football against the big boys without adding any firepower upfront. Didn't they win their first two games as well?* Piss poor attempt at staying up by Boro in my book.

* 4 points from first two games

Inova

Aug 25, 2016

I fancy Brighton for 16th/17th next season - play-off winners to finish bottom, Watford (18th) and Swansea (19th).... have a feeling Newcastle could "bomb" again if they don't start well.

Name a football League manager who has done a better job than Howe in the last 10 years. I bet you can't name one?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Eliminate the top 7.
Remove Leicester, Southampton, Stoke, WBA & Bournemouth all of whom know how to stay mid table. That's 8 left.
But I believe we can be as good as the last 4 above.
A mini league though of 8 teams remains. Beat them at home = 21 pts. Draw away = 7 (28). 5 more home wins or even away (Selhurst) and we are safe.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Perhaps you should check again.

I seem to recall that when Norwich sacked CH they were 5 points clear of the bottom 3, but after he left the club, Norwich only took 1 point from 5 games to go down. So if they had retained CH they may well have stayed up.

Didn't they have an horrendous run-in though? Think 4 of top 5 sides or something

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Reading/Sheff Weds/Huddersfield
Swansea
Bournemouth

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure plenty of so called bigger teams have come in for Howe, but he is happy building a legacy at Bournemouth and hopefully taking the club he has supported all his life into a new stadium and to further success..

Fair play to young Eddy. He must have been the only Cherries fan, at school in Amersham, while all the other kids picked United and Liverpool.

No chance Howe would go to them its currently a side ways step and he is a Bournemouth lad. He has turned them down before and will again. If Howe lost games at Southampton they would want him out in a couple of months, but at Bournemouth he is loved and backed no matter what.

Bournemouth lad, from Amersham.

Sideways to Southampton. Do us a favour. Southampton are miles / years ahead of you (and us), in just about every respect. We're all defensive of the clubs we love, but no need to be an idiot.

And the 'Eddy is loved no matter what' part, betrays a selective memory on your part. The Echo wasn't full of much love for the 'local boy' when he walked out to Burnley, three months after promising to stay.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26916661

This link tells you what state Chris Hughton left Norwich in. 4 of the last five games against the top sides. Relegation clearly wasn't his fault though.......

They look 5 points clear to me, 6 if you count the GD and 3 points off 13th? (I'm aware of their fixtures but that, for me, would be even more reason to have kept CH in place)

What is your agenda here exactly? We are very well aware of what Norwich fans think of CH believe me, though some have recently changed their song somewhat.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Fair play to young Eddy. He must have been the only Cherries fan, at school in Amersham, while all the other kids picked United and Liverpool.

Bournemouth lad, from Amersham.

Sideways to Southampton. Do us a favour. Southampton are miles / years ahead of you (and us), in just about every respect. We're all defensive of the clubs we love, but no need to be an idiot.

And the 'Eddy is loved no matter what' part, betrays a selective memory on your part. The Echo wasn't full of much love for the 'local boy' when he walked out to Burnley, three months after promising to stay.

Check the league table m8 they are level on points with us, so not quite every respect......

Might be slighty ahead of you though in terms of premier league experience.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here