Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which 3 teams will we finish above next season

Indeed. Realistically the Top 7 won't go down, so it's 3 from 13.
Approx 25% chance of going down & the clubs that come up have a greater chance of going down. The bookies reckon we are evens to stay up/go down.

Unless, we buy a minimum of 5 regular prem players, I cannot see us staying up. Will the club splash the cash? Our central defenders, Stevens & Knockaert, Stockwell should be good enough. The rest squad players at best. It's a big jump from Championship to Premier

Is Stockwell the love child of Stockdale and Sidwell ?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Too early to say. Play off winners not a cert to finish below as Wednesday loaded, Reading about to be bought out by rich owners. Huddersfield however could be a good bet to finish below, should they go up.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Approx 25% chance of going down & the clubs that come up have a greater chance of going down. The bookies reckon we are evens to stay up/go down.

Unless, we buy a minimum of 5 regular prem players, I cannot see us staying up. Will the club splash the cash? Our central defenders, Stevens & Knockaert, Stockwell should be good enough. The rest squad players at best. It's a big jump from Championship to Premier

This. The top seven are pretty much untouchable. One or two teams might break their monopoly for a season (see Leicester, who did it in style), but in terms of relegation, we need to discount the top seven, and concentrate on the other 13. Our odds of going down are certainly higher than the 25% you mention, but are lower than the evens the bookies have us at at present.
I'll also quibble about needing five regular PL players, what we need is five or six PL quality players (e.g. Cairney and Mooy don't have PL experience, but are PL quality), but we will need at least two with PL experience.
In terms of those remaining 13, there are a few clubs that are unlikely to be in a relegation battle, West Brom for one, although I'm not convinced that there are many others that are in the won't get relegated category. Swansea will lose Siggurdson and that'll hurt them, Watford are unstable, and the good news is the team qualifying through the play-offs more often than not go down.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Oh God I hope so. If for nothing else, just to wipe the perma-smug grin off Eddie "face everyone wants to slap" Howe

...yes....and to silence all those rattling on about what a brilliant manager he is. If he's so good, why hasn't a bigger club come in for him?. Burnley did and look what happened. Howe outside Bournemouth is like a tortoise without its shell.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

You convinced that Knocky is going to rip up trees in the PL?
I fear we are going to see a lot more flouncing, a lot more frustration and petulance and a lot more ' quiet games ' Knocky is a confidence animal and that is pretty fragile. On his day, at a certain level, he is near on unstoppable but he is now in with the big boys and will find it a lot tougher.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
...yes....and to silence all those rattling on about what a brilliant manager he is. If he's so good, why hasn't a bigger club come in for him?. Burnley did and look what happened. Howe outside Bournemouth is like a tortoise without its shell.

Bournemouth with Howe are like Bolton with Allardyce, Charlton with Curbishley, Stoke with Pulis - teams molded in their managers style and won't be in trouble. They'll sink like a stone as soon as Howe leaves.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think Watford and Burnley will struggle along with Stoke and possibly West Brom.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Bournemouth with Howe are like Bolton with Allardyce, Charlton with Curbishley, Stoke with Pulis - teams molded in their managers style and won't be in trouble. They'll sink like a stone as soon as Howe leaves.

Brighton with Hughton are like Derby, Middlesborough, Norwich all have big ideas about where they should be and how massive their support is but have always fallen short when it really matters.

I can't wait to see how yours fans react when you are on a 10 game losing streak next season. We will see how good you really are at backing your manager and players then!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A history equaling 11th, so you can name whoever is below, don't care really.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Brighton with Hughton are like Derby, Middlesborough, Norwich all have big ideas about where they should be and how massive their support is but have always fallen short when it really matters.

I can't wait to see how yours fans react when you are on a 10 game losing streak next season. We will see how good you really are at backing your manager and players then!

@Anyone on NSC - Who's this tit? ^^

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Too early to say without knowing what players are brought in or leave during the summer.

I do however have a feeling that the Bournemouth bubble could burst.

You wish! We are improving every season and are two seasons ahead of you. Howe has proven his quality at the top level. The question is has Hughton yet because last time I checked he got a team relegated from his previous top flight stint?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
You wish! We are improving every season and are two seasons ahead of you. Howe has proven his quality at the top level. The question is has Hughton yet because last time I checked he got a team relegated from his previous top flight stint?

Check again, as I don't believe he was in charge when they actually went down, nearly admittedly but not in charge. Think Howe may want to push himself soon with a club with slightly bigger prospects, Southampton maybe?

Inova

Aug 25, 2016

He has taken Bournemouth possibly to a top 10 finish in the Premier League?!? How can you in all honesty question his ability to manager? If Chris Hughton had achieved what Howe has at Bournemouth he would be a legend and rightfully so...

I'm sure plenty of so called bigger teams have come in for Howe, but he is happy building a legacy at Bournemouth and hopefully taking the club he has supported all his life into a new stadium and to further success..

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
He has taken Bournemouth possibly to a top 10 finish in the Premier League?!? How can you in all honesty question his ability to manager? If Chris Hughton had achieved what Howe has at Bournemouth he would be a legend and rightfully so...

I'm sure plenty of so called bigger teams have come in for Howe, but he is happy building a legacy at Bournemouth and hopefully taking the club he has supported all his life into a new stadium and to further success..

Done well at one team whilst over spending, Chris done well at quite a few, it's his time to prove can do it at the top level. Not sure Howe has the ambition or skill to get any better than Bournemouth, but we will see.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Check again, as I don't believe he was in charge when they actually went down, nearly admittedly but not in charge. Think Howe may want to push himself soon with a club with slightly bigger prospects, Southampton maybe?

Does it matter he was part of the problem they went down? They were his signings and if Brighton are in a similar position next season the same could happen again.

No chance Howe would go to them its currently a side ways step and he is a Bournemouth lad. He has turned them down before and will again. If Howe lost games at Southampton they would want him out in a couple of months, but at Bournemouth he is loved and backed no matter what.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Does it matter he was part of the problem they went down? They were his signings and if Brighton are in a similar position next season the same could happen again.

No chance Howe would go to them its currently a side ways step and he is a Bournemouth lad. He has turned them down before and will again. If Howe lost games at Southampton they would want him out in a couple of months, but at Bournemouth he is loved and backed no matter what.

Southampton a sideways step, you bloody fool. They have everything you don't have a decent Stadium, very very good academy, and decent training facilities. But as I say I don't think he could manage any better than he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here