Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Student who stabbed boyfriend may avoid jail as it would ‘damage her career’

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Probably nothing more offensive than a hard Paddington stare. If you can show evidence of a double-barrelled name then you could possibly upgrade that to flobbing a mungee*

*dunno how to spell it but it's what we called little bits of wet paper blown out of a bic pen, back in the 80s.

I was hoping to get away with some mild to moderate burglary :nono:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Entitlement. Or entightlement.

She's not fit to be a medic. I teach them. You can smell the wrong uns.

The judge is a 'see you next Tuesday'.

And if he's trying to win her affections then he's only got himself to blame if he wakes up in the middle of the night to find her with his John Thomas in one hand and a cheese grater in the other.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whatever happened to 'no one is above the law'?

So a night out a few too many drinks, an argument starts, which moves into violence and someone not thinking due to the alcohol haze hits someone, but they still have their glass in their hand.
Arrested and charged with causing GBH.

A 1st time offence, and a complete one off. At 6th Form and just going to uni.

Do they get off, or get a prison sentence.

Does it now come down to which Uni they are going to - Oxford or Cambridge - Have a free get out of jail card and enjoy the rest of your life. Anywhere else, 18 months inside and only minimum wage jobs for you when you come out.

Lets hope if she only gets a slap on the wrist that the CPS appeal the sentence as being too cosy

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So everyone is going for the 'one law for the rich' line etc etc.......how about 'wouldn't happen if it was a bloke' angle?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
For us over here, :needpics:
Just to see if the 'I'd shag it'comment is warranted.

A right old scrubber!

AC8F3B92-7BA0-4BB6-923A-04CAAE7BDF11.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Can't see what the judge saw in her, they are like spaniels ears, decent enough pokies but it looks like the springs have gone on them at an early age, no cleavage, it's a no from me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All things considered, she's not in the same league as Foxy Knoxxy. :love:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've heard that argument put forward several times, that it would end or materially affect a career, whether it be a taxi driver trying to avoid a ban after getting his 4th speeding ticket or a thief facing losing his job. My, and my colleagues view was almost always that it is not the sentence of the court that will have an adverse affect on the defendant's future, it is their own actions.
People have to take responsibility for what they do.
It's almost certain that she will get a custodial sentence but possibly suspended, the only reason I can see for deferral is if she's a coke-head and has been given time to get clean with the indication that, if she does, she gets a suspended sentence.

Bold bit of judging by the boy Pringle

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Entitlement. Or entightlement.

She's not fit to be a medic. I teach them. You can smell the wrong uns.

The judge is a 'see you next Tuesday'.

She's not training to be a medic. She'll get weeded out during OSCE's and work placements if she ever gets that far now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here