Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for Cairney

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought so,may be looking to deeply into it,He may just dislike Fulham....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah but then wouldn't he have tweeted "I don't want Fulham to go up"? :wink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Winstanley tweeted the other day "We really don't want Fulham to go up"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After a goalkeeper perhaps?

I liked how Fulham never resorted to hoof ball from the back.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Fredricks and Cairney are both quality and would serve a PL club well. Was that Fulhams last year of parachute payments? If so they may have to sell a player or two that are on the higher wages

Yes, that was their 3rd year of parachute payments, so no payments due next year to them.

When Fulham were relegated in 2013-14 the parachute payments were still being paid over four years. 2016-17 is only the third year. I believe they will get a payment next season (along with Cardiff).

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Would rather spend the money on a player like Cairney or Izzy Brown rather than a Lucas type!If we only stayed in prem for one season then both those players would be capable of getting us up again where as someone like Lucas would be on his bike! Both exciting going forward!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Would rather spend the money on a player like Cairney or Izzy Brown rather than a Lucas type!If we only stayed in prem for one season then both those players would be capable of getting us up again where as someone like Lucas would be on his bike! Both exciting going forward!
You need a mix of PL experience in the squad just like Sidwell has given us this season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Totally agree with this.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Harsh. A couple of misplaced passes against 11 men behind the ball with no space to play. He's been excellent all season. I'd love to see him at Brighton but he'd cost 15 million at least.

I agree. He has been brilliant all season.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Cairney is undoubtedly a good player but I feel he doesn't have the athleticism we will need to compete in the PL!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
When Fulham were relegated in 2013-14 the parachute payments were still being paid over four years. 2016-17 is only the third year. I believe they will get a payment next season (along with Cardiff).

Checked and yeah, you're right on the payment front. 13/14 was last for payments being made for four seasons.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
F and C were excellent, especially C. There is an oppoprtunity here . . . . perhaps.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I read that as Fulham would be more of a threat next season than Reading, rather than anything to do with signings.

Don't think it is anywhere to be seen on twitter now - so, whatever he meant, I guess he felt he should take it down...

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Thought he looked very good tonight, very one footed but always available, always probing and spread play well until the final 10 mins when Reading had 11 behind the ball and he misplaced a couple of passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here