Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Hinshelwood, new Hastings boss.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Another reason given in the Argus yesterday was health concerns - apparently Hare had three heart attacks seven years ago and he has had problems with high blood pressure this season (Hastings were the highest scorers in the top eight tiers of English football this season with 128 goals but there were scorelines like 5-4, 4-4 and 4-3). Apparently his wife is a nurse so the decision is understandable.

Cheers. I didn't know that about his blood pressure. It also wouldn't have helped that his player-assistant manager, Steve Watt left for Margate in February and his replacement, Matt Longhurst from East Grinstead, quit and went back after after 2 weeks as well.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Mark Beard is moving in to that role. He played for a number of clubs including sheffield utd and millwall. I've met him a couple of times through friends and he seems like a very knowledgeable and passionate guy. The club seem to also think highly of him. All good for Adam and Mark.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Being appointed back at Worthing apparently?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Have they agreed that the official line for his departure is "personal and family reasons"?

The press release doesn't make it particularly clear

I assumed they had as both the club and Hinshelwood mention them, though the obvious distance issue from Selsey to Hastings wasn't a factor when he was appointed and took the role.

It's not a happy ship at Hastings United - a director and volunteer resigned a few weeks back, players are leaving, rumours of training ground bust ups are circulating etc. Beating Harrogate on penalties live on ESPN in front of 4,000 in the 2nd round of the FA Cup seems like longer than 5 years ago now.

Mark Beard is moving in to that role. He played for a number of clubs including sheffield utd and millwall. I've met him a couple of times through friends and he seems like a very knowledgeable and passionate guy. The club seem to also think highly of him. All good for Adam and Mark.

Mark Beard the old HH manager? Was he not involved at Crawleys youth set up?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I must admit I wiouldnt relish the drive from Selsey to Hasting every day.

This.

I worked in Selsey for a while when I lived in Brighton, horrible drive. Bad enough driving to Chichester, then it's a fair few miles down to Selsey, usually stuck behind a tractor.
I also worked in Hastings, not am easy journey from Brighton either.

Selsey to Hastings has got to be a 2 1/2 hour journey.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
This.

I worked in Selsey for a while when I lived in Brighton, horrible drive. Bad enough driving to Chichester, then it's a fair few miles down to Selsey, usually stuck behind a tractor.
I also worked in Hastings, not am easy journey from Brighton either.

Selsey to Hastings has got to be a 2 1/2 hour journey.

Blimey, no wonder we wunt be druv

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here