Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lottery win with syndicate and some people haven't paid...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Have you a written agreement?

Yes,it was firmly tongue in cheek,We having a waiting list,4 missed weeks is instant removal and someone else steps in,almost all of our syndicate pay 2-3 months in advance,not had a big win yet so not had any issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As someone who collects syndicate money,if the ***** don't pay then they get **** all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'spot on it's a simple exercise really,i mean god forbid if i am on holiday for a week i pay that week in advance,if i am off sick it's tough really and the same applies if for whatever reason i cannot pay something that i have at least 6 days to pay for (if weekly)..

that said i work for a delivery company,we have training and that sometimes involves training at other depots in other areas 150 miles from mine.

they tolerate NO late arrivals and will turn me or any other member away if we are late-even just 5 minutes..

seriously.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
'spot on it's a simple exercise really,i mean god forbid if i am on holiday for a week i pay that week in advance,if i am off sick it's tough really and the same applies if for whatever reason i cannot pay something that i have at least 6 days to pay for (if weekly)..

that said i work for a delivery company,we have training and that sometimes involves training at other depots in other areas 150 miles from mine.

they tolerate NO late arrivals and will turn me or any other member away if we are late-even just 5 minutes..

seriously.

Next time you are late, just put a card through their door with "sorry I missed you" :wink:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
There have been court cases on this before; basically if there is any re-investment of small wins as is the norm you are open to claims for fractions from people who paid in in those weeks.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Next time you are late, just put a card through their door with "sorry I missed you" :wink:

Indeed,thing is despite me getting in half an hour early,we still have to wait for the hubs vehicles to get to our depot-late sometimes,so we get out late,fail time deliveries etc and customers unhappy-drive to the speed limits and people moan,drive fast and parcels get damaged,lose lose..

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Slightly tangential - Purely in contract law ...

I recall a precedent case where a fella "borrowed" a tenner out the shop till and went down the bookies in his lunch hour - he won handsomely, but was challenged while putting the borrowed tenner back in the till. The case law that followed proved that the shop owned the winnings since it was their money that was used as the stake.

So, in the absence of a syndicate contract, award of winnings should be proportionate to paid stakes.
That'll learn 'em!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's our 2nd week in, and we don't usually do one, but with the EuroMillions being £75 on Friday we thought why not. We only won £9 on the first week, but won £17 last night. One person has yet to pay her £10 for the two weeks, and still insists on being in the syndicate. Now it's not a lot of money, but the reinvestment of that £17 on Fridays lottery is partly based on her £10 (which I stupidly subbed).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Our work syndicate won £250k. One person who had been in it for years left the week before. Tough break, especially as the rest of the syndicate were on cloud nine.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's our 2nd week in, and we don't usually do one, but with the EuroMillions being £75 on Friday we thought why not. We only won £9 on the first week, but won £17 last night. One person has yet to pay her £10 for the two weeks, and still insists on being in the syndicate.
Did you buy the same number of tickets as you would have had she paid on time, or did you take account of her non payment and buy less tickets? I see the answer is below...
Now it's not a lot of money, but the reinvestment of that £17 on Fridays lottery is partly based on her £10 (which I stupidly subbed).
She owes you the £10, you pay her any winnings. Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here