Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Gauld

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
:ffsparr:

Yep, every time I watched Ryan Giggs, David Beckham and Roberto Carlos. The first thing that came to mind was they are very one footed.

Those players had broken into Champions League teams at the same age as Ryan Gauld.

Gauld can't break through in Portugal. Why would you take a chance with a lad like that in one of the best Leagues in the world. You don't get all that many cracks at this League so you need to give yourself the best chance you can of staying in it.

Ryan Gauld would have been signed by Brighton years ago if he had what was required. No one would have seen him more than Ewan Chester back then

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Those players had broken into Champions League teams at the same age as Ryan Gauld.

Gauld can't break through in Portugal. Why would you take a chance with a lad like that in one of the best Leagues in the world. You don't get all that many cracks at this League so you need to give yourself the best chance you can of staying in it.

Ryan Gauld would have been signed by Brighton years ago if he had what was required. No one would have seen him more than Ewan Chester back then

Very much this, a slight improvement on Harper by sounds of it but certainly not ready for PL yet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There has been talk of strengthening the U23s so this sounds as if it is along those lines?
£3M to strengthen the U23s? I don't think so..............sign up promising 16-17 year olds by all means, but paying that money for a 21 year old, I would expect somebody ready for the first team, bench/squad at least. I know there are Ian Wrights, Stuart Pearces and Jamie Vardys around who come to the top late, but generally 21 year olds should be breaking through, if not already established if they're really good.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
£3M to strengthen the U23s? I don't think so..............sign up promising 16-17 year olds by all means, but paying that money for a 21 year old, I would expect somebody ready for the first team, bench/squad at least. I know there are Ian Wrights, Stuart Pearces and Jamie Vardys around who come to the top late, but generally 21 year olds should be breaking through, if not already established if they're really good.

The U23s are effectively the reserves, aren't they? Can't see us getting someone good enough for the first team squad for 3mill personally.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Not disagreeing with any of that. You listed he'd be no good as he is too one footed.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Over-rated.

Lightweight physically

Very One footed

Will get nowhere near that amount of space to play in PL.

Has no great experience at any real top level in first team matches.

Yes looks neat and tidy but not someone you take a chance with when you get to the PL where you will be defending more often than not

I get where you are coming from and you may well be right but don't you think if we go after the usual suspects, the Fraser Campbells, Sam Clucas's, Kieran Gibbs etc that we seem to be linked with. The outcome is certainly a season of struggle and probably relegation? If we are going to stay up with one of the smaller budgets we need to be creative with who we get in? We can get in players who do one season for a struggling PL club then move on to the next one when they are relegated but then we are likely to be the next one on that list.

I've nothing against getting in PL experience but we need players who can potentially make a difference too....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not disagreeing with any of that. You listed he'd be no good as he is too one footed.

You have selected what you wanted to select. I listed more than that one point which in my opinion would make him an unsuitable or less affective transfer target

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I get where you are coming from and you may well be right but don't you think if we go after the usual suspects, the Fraser Campbells, Sam Clucas's, Kieran Gibbs etc that we seem to be linked with. The outcome is certainly a season of struggle and probably relegation? If we are going to stay up with one of the smaller budgets we need to be creative with who we get in? We can get in players who do one season for a struggling PL club then move on to the next one when they are relegated but then we are likely to be the next one on that list.

I've nothing against getting in PL experience but we need players who can potentially make a difference too....

Come on.........You don't really believe all of those being mentioned are really genuine targets do you. They get mentioned because journalists have no idea where and how wide our net is being cast.

Take yourself back almost 24 months and not one paper or journalist in the UK mentioned the name ''Tomer Hemed'' - Lets just assume that the recruitment team know more about football recruitment than any UK journalist could ever imagine, so lets leave it to them and then discuss when something concrete or tangible hits the Media

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Come on.........You don't really believe all of those being mentioned are really genuine targets do you. They get mentioned because journalists have no idea where and how wide our net is being cast.

Take yourself back almost 24 months and not one paper or journalist in the UK mentioned the name ''Tomer Hemed'' - Lets just assume that the recruitment team know more about football recruitment than any UK journalist could ever imagine, so lets leave it to them and then discuss when something concrete or tangible hits the Media

No you're right I don't, but I needed to illustrate my point somehow.:lol: Sure we could bring in people from abroad, Christ I hope we do! My point really was about thinking a bit more creatively than some have previously in our position. I would also assume that the recruitment team know more than journalists because if they don't we are doomed but speculation is all part of the summer break isn't it? :lol:

This lad Gauld has the skills, whether he has the application, physique, mental strength and all the other things required isn't for me to say. I just think he is more interesting than some of the names we have been linked to and that's about it from my end...:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here