Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest Green Rovers proposed stadium made from wood.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In true NSC tradition, did some more research after posting.

Team are on a vegan diet but it's only red meat that is banned from the ground. So presumably a chicken burger is on the menu.

Nailsworth where they are based has a population of 5,794, so 5k sounds ambitious!
More research - and still wrong. The red meat ban applies to players; it's in their contract I believe. They can, however still eat white meat and fish.
At the ground, it's Vegan only - you won't even get cow's milk in your cup of tea!

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/events-news/2015/fgr-officially-launched-as-all-vegan-club

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wood-n't Happen in Germany.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I watched them play Macclesfield in the FA Cup years ago - some kind of record penalty shoot out. Nailsworth is not a big place.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Looks good, but as said for God's sake put some terraces in there!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Didn't we have a fun match with them in some little trophy that we had to go in for in the deep distant past? :kiss:

Vaguely remember us beating them, and their fans were very ungracious in defeat! :p

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nailsworth where they are based has a population of 5,794, so 5k sounds ambitious!

Not quite comparable but Burnley has a population somewhere in the region of 75k with a stadium capacity of around 25k?

Also one of the French clubs, Lille? Lens? Their stadium capacity is larger than the towns population.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didn't we have a fun match with them in some little trophy that we had to go in for in the deep distant past? :kiss:

Vaguely remember us beating them, and their fans were very ungracious in defeat! :p

The JPT game when Jake Robinson became the club's youngest ever goal-scorer, I think.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
More research - and still wrong. The red meat ban applies to players; it's in their contract I believe. They can, however still eat white meat and fish.
At the ground, it's Vegan only - you won't even get cow's milk in your cup of tea!

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/events-news/2015/fgr-officially-launched-as-all-vegan-club
Willing to hold my hands up to the Forest of Dean error, but i was misled by the BBC on the dietary points (!)

Forest Green Rovers: The village team that reached the English Football League - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39923153

I'll shut up now and leave it to the local team for local people..

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
all very good but the illustrated stadium is approaching 10-12,000 seater from a very quick look....not the 5,000 all seater mentioned in the article....also an all timber stadium will no doubt be built by the germans/ swedes, be prohibitively expensive both in construction and maintenance cost....i call bollaaarrks moi luvver.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I think the stadium design looks great.
They've spent a shed load of cash but at least they're trying to do something different, good luck to them.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Not quite comparable but Burnley has a population somewhere in the region of 75k with a stadium capacity of around 25k?

Also one of the French clubs, Lille? Lens? Their stadium capacity is larger than the towns population.

Also the village of Hoffenheim in Germany which at the last count, had a population of less than 4000. They play in Bundesliga in a 30,000 capacity stadium and will be probably be playing in the Champions League next season.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The capacity of the ground in that video is definitely NOT 5,000 seats, which makes me think the final product might look a little smaller. But fair play to them if they make that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Schalke are one of the best 3 supported clubs in Germany with a usually full 75,000 stadium, and Gelsenkirchen has a population of 260,000.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Schalke are one of the best 3 supported clubs in Germany with a usually full 75,000 stadium, and Gelsenkirchen has a population of 260,000.

Ouch! brings back painful memories of England losing on penalties 2006.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here