Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus Stop for Bloom.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

What a great visionary Tony Bloom is, but i wonder did he see 100k striped up supporters partying to celebrate Premier League status on Sunday???

Is this just Bus stop 1 in his future for the Albion on their Double Decker tour???

What is Bus stop 3, 4 and 5???

Cos i believe he has them already lined up.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hopefully scrapping the young seagulls so that he doesn't have to deal with any more morons bleating on the internet because they didn't bother to sign up in time. :safeway:

D

Deleted member 2719

Hopefully scrapping the young seagulls so that he doesn't have to deal with any more morons bleating on the internet because they didn't bother to sign up in time. :safeway:

Nice from a man who has Di Canio for Manager as his signature.

Who's the Moron?

Is your name Gordon???

Last edited by a moderator:

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
What a great visionary Tony Bloom is, but i wonder did he see 100k striped up supporters partying to celebrate Premier League status on Sunday???

Is this just Bus stop 1 in his future for the Albion on their Double Decker tour???

What is Bus stop 3, 4 and 5???

Cos i believe he has them already lined up.

Just a thought but is spending £250m on a football club an ethical thing to do?

D

Deleted member 2719

I would have said so, created many jobs at the Amex and the training ground and who knows a hotel one day.

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009

Maybe not, but its his money and he alone turned the dream of the Amex + training facility into a reality. Without him we wouldn't secure that level of funding.

So now having been told we're "PL ready" for years and the clubs non stop stated objective was to get there, we made it. However, to stay there will require a a lot more spending. The club is saying they'll only be a few additions, I'm not sure if that is really true or simply to ward off greedy agents, as players and wages at this level are greatly increased, and its very hard to survive even with sizable investment in the squad. I dont believe our current squad will survive without decent (which cost a premium) additions. Having spent 250+ million and years of struggle to get to this position, the club will now not invest sizably in the squad?. I trust Bloom but i think its a ruse, we must if we're to have a fighting chance at staying there.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I think we will make 5-8 signings and possibly retain all who were heavily involved this season

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003

Is it ethical that people spend money on personal luxuries, frivolities and holidays when there's so much poverty in the world?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
2. Survival
3. Establish
4. Cup win
5. Europe
6. PL Champions
7. Champions L Champions

On the way develop young players from the academy, and make the club self-sufficient.

Might have to visit stops 2 and 3 a few times before stops further down the line, and the journey may take a while......

D

Deleted member 2719

2. Survival
3. Establish
4. Cup win
5. Europe
6. PL Champions
7. Champions L Champions

On the way develop young players from the academy, and make the club self-sufficient.

Might have to visit stops 2 and 3 a few times before stops further down the line, and the journey may take a while......

:O

Yes please, but can't we just miss out Bus stop 2 and 3 and go straight to 4!

We need another Party.:rave::banana::rave:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Scrapping the Young Seagulls is not the best way of dealing with moaning morons. All he needs to do is stop offering free shirts to certain age groups. He just needs to offer a better discount on shirts for all its members. It's just a shame that the club is now too big for its junior section to operate like it did previously.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It's (a) his money so he's free to spend it as he chooses, and (b) £300m after adding in the losses for this season.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Next stop for Bloom.......A wood extension for The Amex. It can be done, I read it on this forum.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does world poverty come top of many wealthy peoples lists? I wouldnt think so unless donations are tax deductable

I don't think an ability to make money has anything to do with philanthropic urges. However, the more money you make the more you can give away. In the US, mega-rich like Carnegie are legends (not all Americans are cocks like Trump). I get a bit put out by people with little or nothing moaning about the base instincts of the rich when they couldn't support any charitable activities themseves - because they are skint. Go and do what Tony B has done and make a massive load of cash, then spend it how you want. His spending certainly makes me happy, so consider his charitable work done. :flounce:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
So now having been told we're "PL ready" for years and the clubs non stop stated objective was to get there, we made it. However, to stay there will require a a lot more spending. The club is saying they'll only be a few additions, I'm not sure if that is really true or simply to ward off greedy agents, as players and wages at this level are greatly increased, and its very hard to survive even with sizable investment in the squad. I dont believe our current squad will survive without decent (which cost a premium) additions. Having spent 250+ million and years of struggle to get to this position, the club will now not invest sizably in the squad?. I trust Bloom but i think its a ruse, we must if we're to have a fighting chance at staying there.

My thoughts exactly.

To come all this way, only to bring in one or two additions would be madness. The fact that we only won away at 2 of the top 13 sides suggests we struggle against the better sides without home advantage. If we can't win at Brentford and Cardiff, we certainly won't win away in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here