Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Brady Dead

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Announced on ITV news at ten but not a bean on BBC.

Shame for the family of the Bennett family who may never get closure regarding the body of Keith.

It was on the BBC - "It's just been announced/confirmed......"

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Rotten news for the family of Keith Bennett unless he saw some sense before he went for judgement.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm glad he's dead, and that it took him five decades of rotting away in confinement to do it.

Hanging would have been too easy for him

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If there had been a virus injection to inflict deliberate pain, this man was a candidate for trial.
An injection that takes about 72hrs of horribleness to **** you up.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hanging him straight away would have been justifiable but 40 plus years imprisonment was probably worse for him. I have no problem with that at all.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Rejoice .

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A troubled and misunderstood man who should have been helped by the NHS mental issues department.

By being tortured in the same way he treated little kids.

Cant think many people will be unhappy with this news.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The problem is that the conditions he's lived in all these years is hardly suffering!
Cost of keeping the cvnt alive for all these years...thousands?
Cost of length of suitable hanging rope...£20?
Something inherently wrong with someone being able to end someone's life and they're allowed to live out their days at the tax payers cost!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So I guess the minimum it has cost to house this monster works out about £1.8million.
Of course he was in an intensive hospital, add another £500k
Additional costs on care, heat, light and medicines another £160k

Should have shot the bugger!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The problem is that the conditions he's lived in all these years is hardly suffering!
Cost of keeping the cvnt alive for all these years...thousands?
Cost of length of suitable hanging rope...£20?
Something inherently wrong with someone being able to end someone's life and they're allowed to live out their days at the tax payers cost!

If his life was so great, why did he go to Court to end it?
If Ashdown Hospital was so cushy, why did he want to be returned to a high security prison?

Should have kept him alive, and suffering longer.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If his life was so great, why did he go to Court to end it?
If Ashdown Hospital was so cushy, why did he want to be returned to a high security prison?

Should have kept him alive, and suffering longer.

Prison versus mental hospital rules. One allows force feeding the other does not!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Prison versus mental hospital rules. One allows force feeding the other does not!

And doesn't that tell you everything, his worst punishment society could have given him, was to keep him alive.

I personally wouldn't have had any argument on his conditions being more Spartan than they probably were, but being a civilised society comes at a price.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A perfect example of why we should still have the death penalty!
Not really in this case.

At least the authorities attempted to find where the victims were buried.

That's the major flaw of the death penalty. You only get the chance of further investigation if the convicted is kept alive.

There have beem numerous cases over the years of convicted murderers being re-convicted for other crimes.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No, he wanted to die, and took out a legal challenge to prevent forced feeding,which a Judge turned down, to hang him would have released him from his suffering

Agreed. He had wanted to die for a long time. He clearly hated his life and I think a far more fitting punishment was to keep him alive as long as possible so that he would be reminded every day when he woke up in his cell why he was there. This also from a book about Myra Hindley and her life in prison:

34e9pb8.jpg

That woman suffered and rightly so and for years and years. I'm just guessing here and could be completely wrong but I reckon if Hindley had been given the choice of a swift death or the punishment that she was given, she'd have chosen hanging. Robert Speaight died in 1976 so it's safe to assume that Hindley was as described from at least the early 70s.

Just to be clear, I've absolutely no sympathy for either her or Brady and I'm with the OP in hoping that they are rotting in Hell.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agreed. He had wanted to die for a long time. He clearly hated his life and I think a far more fitting punishment was to keep him alive as long as possible so that he would be reminded every day when he woke up in his cell why he was there. This also from a book about Myra Hindley and her life in prison:

34e9pb8.jpg

That woman suffered and rightly so and for years and years. I'm just guessing here and could be completely wrong but I reckon if Hindley had been given the choice of a swift death or the punishment that she was given, she'd have chosen hanging.

Just to be clear, I've absolutely no sympathy for either her or Brady and I'm with the OP in hoping that they are rotting in Hell.
I was randomly in a studio audience years ago. Late night ITV thing.

They interviewed someone (who was infamous in the 60s) that had completely taken in by her and visited her in prison.

The interview was about how they had come to their senses and felt they had been almost hypnotised.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here