Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans young and old (mostly young)...

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Whilst I've never bothered to sign up for twitter, isn't it just great that next season the rivalry will involve two games of football rather than "our fans are better than yours" crap that both sets of fans come up with?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Whilst I've never bothered to sign up for twitter, isn't it just great that next season the rivalry will involve two games of football rather than "our fans are better than yours" crap that both sets of fans come up with?

Hmm...Not sure. I know football is all about rivalries but would have liked at least one season in a league higher than Palace where we could struggle without the added pressure of having your lot there and esp as it's our first (of hopefully many) season in the PL where everything is new territory for us whereas Palace are established. It also means that I will have to go to Selhurst again and I've never really enjoyed it. Think I've seen 1 win out of 10 or so and I'm under no illusions that we'll lose again next year but I have to go just in case I miss the game of the century where we stuff you 6-0.

I am expecting the newspapers and TV to be baffled and patronising about our rivalry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst I've never bothered to sign up for twitter
That does mean you miss out on such gems:-

[tweet]864142510611996674[/tweet]

Spot the poster who's been looking around for somewhere to post that!!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
ffff.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pathetic. Best ignored.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's got to have been done by some 20-year-old who never went to the Goldstone. A whole generation of Palace fans grew up very confused about who their rivals were, when we were only in the same division about twice in 20-plus league seasons. Some of them started looking to Millwall, Charlton, even laughably Chelsea.

But we always knew, especially if you are of a certain vintage, and it was faithfully passed down. It isn't us who have come back to the rivalry. It's them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is it " One Man Went to War" because the rest haven't done their homework, so their Mums won't let them out to play,

I would have said their Dads but I doubt if their Mums know who they are.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not taking the Palace clown's effort too seriously...but the term 'plastic fan' does seem to have become pretty much a catch-all term of abuse.

Tried putting it into Twitter earlier just to see what came up, and within about a minute you could see it applied to Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Hull, Watford, Ipswich, Sunderland, Rangers, Aberdeen, Brighton, perhaps more surprisingly Hartlepool, and intriguingly rock band Voodoo Vegas.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I find it hilarious they use this you have only had fans since you moved into a shiny new stadium argument, have they seen what the average gate at Selhurt does when they don't play in the top division?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here