Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parade turnout. How many there?

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
First it was 60,000. Now Argus saying 100,000. I'd have thought nearer the first figure. It was a lot of people, for sure. What do you think?

D

Deleted member 2719

BBC south said 30k, must be a Pompey fan writing that news.
:wanker:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Difficult to tell if people standing and looking on the route are there for the parade or just there.

A 2 mile journey with people 5 deep on both sides of the road is normally estimated as 50k

Pics show at certain points (start, pier, grand, regency square, adelaide crescent and the drive/ grand avenue looks much bigger plus the 15k waiting at zone a and b means perhaps 80k minimum

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least 3 :wave:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think it must have been close to 80k to 100k, taking the whole route into consideration. It was rammed at the start and finish, you can see that from watching the Youtube videos (which are great). And even where we were opposite Brunswick Square, probably one of the quieter places, it was still very busy and many deep at the side of the road. It certainly was nowhere near 30k, that's a Palace fan!

Police estimates on this sort of thing are never that accurate anyway. I remember speaking to one trying to call the crowd on the central Hill at the Derby, it was almost total guesswork.

D

Deleted member 2719

The club said 100,000.

[tweet]863873295422304256[/tweet]

Against Pompeys.
WHO'S the BIG club now Pompey.:bhasign::rave:

stream_img.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nice one Mouldy......if we had 30k what was Pompey's turnout 10k?

I estimate over 80k lined the route and watched the big screens. Any ariel shots yet or do I need to flip to your thread on promotion pics and vids?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Half the crowd were clearly day trippers spending time on the beach.

Matters not, big crowd, great city.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And Palace fans thought we wouldn't fill a 27,500 seater.

We've barely just begun.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nice one Mouldy......if we had 30k what was Pompey's turnout 10k?

I estimate over 80k lined the route and watched the big screens. Any ariel shots yet or do I need to flip to your thread on promotion pics and vids?

No aerial shots matey, my chopper is in for a service.

I am sure some doughnut had a drone out somewhere.

D

Deleted member 2719

It was great seeing so many kids in brighton strip. Replacing the 'lost generation ' of fans has begun with gusto :bhasign:

Don't get me on kids shirts and on common sense customer service mate.

I estimate the club has a loss of £600 + pound so far, #makesnocommonsensetopissoffyourloyalfans

Last edited by a moderator:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Diane Abbott estimated 2083 while Trump working on his inauguration turnout stated 5 billion and the biggest parade turnout ever

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Don't kids shirts and on common sense customer service mate.

I estimate the club has a loss of £600 + pound so far, #makesnocommonsensetopissoffyourloyalfans

You are not making sense mate! I think your computer needs a service as well as your well used Chopper!!:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here