Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheap, illegal flags

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
If you don't like what they sell, don't buy it, pretty simple really. You're some of the same people who will laugh at Del Boys antics and shrug it off as him just being a wide boy, but in real life it's a no no :rolleyes:

I remember once asking a tat-salesperson in the street outside Withdean whether he had a permit to trade on the street. He produced an ID badge which seemed to confirm that he did.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Could not believe the tat those pikeys were trying to sell yesterday.
One peddler trying to sell plastic bubble-making gun!
Seriously, who is going to buy that crap?!

D

Deleted member 2719

There were official BHAFC shop staff (it said so on their back) selling club products, walking along the front and lawns.

I saw ONE lot all afternoon, they were not easy to spot they needed to be next to the big screens or balloons flying above them or something we missed a killing, i saw many people forced to buy imitation memorabilia.

Everything else was spot on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw ONE lot all afternoon, they were not easy to spot they needed to be next to the big screens or balloons flying above them or something we missed a killing, i saw many people forced to buy imitation memorabilia.

Nobody was forced to buy anything. I saw three lots of official sellers walking along the front, as well as the official booths.

Jan 30, 2008
Runner up in my 'highlights of the day' was the mother buying hooters for a fair few kids.
Giving them each their hooter and scarf, then within 5 minutes telling the little 'uns to stop making such a racket. :lol:

But the hands down winner has the be the fella wearing Liverpool shorts, proudly displaying his Liver Bird leg tattoo, and an Albion top.
Legend. :bowdown:
that would piss me off :nono:
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 2719

Nobody was forced to buy anything. I saw three lots of official sellers walking along the front, as well as the official booths.

Who said anyone was forced to buy things???

So were these official booths near the stage as i never saw them?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw ONE lot all afternoon, they were not easy to spot they needed to be next to the big screens or balloons flying above them or something we missed a killing, i saw many people forcedto buy imitation memorabilia.

Who said anyone was forced to buy things???

So were these official booths near the stage as i never saw them?

You did.

I've already said, there were a couple of booths in the zones, but several pairs of club employees walking along the front and the lawns. The official lanyards, and logo on the back of their jackets. I saw one woman that I know, because I said hello to her.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must admit, in all the 'what's wrong with modern football' type conversations, I'd probably cite the clampdown on purveyors of unofficial merchandise as top of the list. When clubs make so much elsewhere, it just doesn't bother me in any way the tiny amount they might lose from such activity. And also the supporter gets more choice, and also gets to buy slightly more humorous or edgy T-shirts that wouldn't be offered in the superstore.

Leave 'em be I say, part of the fabric of football.

Apart from the bloke who was offering a free 'Champions' scarf with every horn sold yesterday, he wants locking up.

D

Deleted member 2719

You did.

I've already said, there were a couple of booths in the zones, but several pairs of club employees walking along the front and the lawns. The official lanyards, and logo on the back of their jackets. I saw one woman that I know, because I said hello to her.

Okay okay a different play on words.

I still didn't see these booths. I saw probably 15 different Unofficial memorabilia to just 1 Official...........just pointing out, i thought we missed out lots of ££££££££'s

But who cares because we are Premier League.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
While the "champions" ones were extremely cringe worthy, I don't understand why people get so upset.. We are finally becoming a club that is big enough for these types of people to make "fake" merchandise and try sell it. The sea of blue and white yesterday was incredible, I couldn't give a sh*t if some of the flags were "fake".

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
With a lifetime (well, about 24 years and counting) of season tickets paid for, quite a lot of merchandise, £20 a game on food/drink, not to mention the money spent on away travel and tickets (ok, not money to the club but still spent ON following them), I am not going to lose any sleep and feel guilty about spending £10 on something unofficial.

To be fair, the stuff on offer yesterday was pretty poor, but when you go to some of the bigger grounds in this country and around Europe, some of the badges and scarves (not the 50/50 ones, before someone says that) that are available outside the ground can be great. They might have stuff on them that the club themselves wouldn't do, or be particular players etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here