Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right then, the parade's done, the new kits been unveiled... let's start to look ahead....

Where will we finish next season?

• 1st - 6th

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • 7th - 12th

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • 13th - 17th

Votes: 169 82.4%
  • 18th - 20th

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
No way TB doesn't give CH the tools to make us competitive in the mini league that tends to sit 8th - 16th. I reckon with a fair wind and momentum we'll casually finish 14th.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm not deluded enough to seriously think that we can compete with the mini league at the top of the Premier League although I'd love us to be able to do so
I'd be happy to "do a Bournemouth" and just stay in the division and get a little better each year.
15th or 16th would do me fine for next year and then build on it for the year after

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Be worth putting this poll out again at end of August. Recruitment (and retention) of players is the single biggest factor in where we finish.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am genuinely hopeful we can survive (and that would probably involve finishing 13th to 17th). Of the teams who were relegated this season, Sunderland are a mess, Middlesbrough messed up their signings over the season and Hull had a chaotic summer with all the Bruce stuff.

I am confident we will be able to attract better players than Boro due to our scouting setup and preferable location for overseas signings. We also have a more stable manager than Karanka. Hull, similarly, I think we'll do a better job than them in terms of the summer and we finished above them last season with a weaker squad than we have now. Given that they were close to staying up, I am hopeful we'll find at least three teams to finish above (although there is no denying it will be very tough).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm surprised we're that price, thought we'd be at least evens. Mind you, Sky have offered everyone as odds on, so they're playing it cautious at this stage.

Only three of twenty teams go down. Even discounting the seven who are *certain* to stay up, that still means only three of thirteen are going down. You'd expect every team to be odds on to stay up, surely?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I reckon 16th, hope we'll be higher. I don't expect us to, but just hope we don't shuffle out the trapdoor without a whimper like Boro and Sunderland.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A very creditable 15th. Strong start and finish, a couple of surprise results, but a pretty horrible Christmas/January period will have us looking nervous for a bit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How many once all the deadwood, like Skalak, Norwood, Hemed, Baldock, Murphy etc, have been offloaded?

Deadwood? Do I detect a complete lack of respect for players that have just helped us achieve our highest finish in the last 34 years?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deadwood? Do I detect a complete lack of respect for players that have just helped us achieve our highest finish in the last 34 years?

Blimey my sarcasmometer was way off the morning.
T'was a dig at others desperate to clean out these club servants in favour of someone shiny.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd love to think we'll stay up, with the togetherness and so on, but its going to be very hard. I'm trying to think of three teams that on this season's record are going to be worse than us, and its tricky. The play-off winners one would hope will go down, although Wednesday might fancy themselves to spend a lot, Reading too. Then what? Palace just seem too resilient under Allardyce, ditto Bournemouth under Howe, Burnley under Dyche. Newcastle, Saints, West Brom, West Ham, Leicester will be fine. So we've got Swansea, who seem to be finding a new lease of life under Clement but a lot depends on their recruitment, and then Watford and Stoke who perhaps are both due a downturn.

That's only a scant look, and any of those secure clubs could just do a panic sacking of Hughes or Dyche and consign them to their fate, or Leicester could see a big sell-off of their stars this summer, nevertheless, not too many teams out there that are obvious cases to struggle. It will really be down to us playing as well as we can with confidence, and utlimately, Knockaert.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am genuinely hopeful we can survive (and that would probably involve finishing 13th to 17th). Of the teams who were relegated this season, Sunderland are a mess, Middlesbrough messed up their signings over the season and Hull had a chaotic summer with all the Bruce stuff.

This. You have to REALLY **** up to get relegated from this league. Look at the utter joke Palace have been for 2 seasons now. Still a Prem side.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here