Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans of other clubs, laughing at our coming 2nd parade on social media

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As i tweeted earlier. The last time there were 100k people on the streets of croydon was when they burnt down their town and then looted jd sports and Currys

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
But we're not going to have an open top bus tour for getting back to the Premier League

If you think that was the purpose of the party then you've missed the point made a dozen times on this thread. We were celebrating - together - the survival of the club we all love. The culmination of which is promotion to the top tier of football.

That decades of worry, pain, disappointment, anxiety (and a few cherries in the turd) which now feel like they are over. Promotion is a vindication of our faith, Tony's plan and sends a signal out to all clubs - things can get better.

We had a party - a big one - to vent our emotions. I won't apologise to anyone for the buses, the flags or the tears.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When did Brighton need an excuse for a party? I could understand if we were Reading, Boro, or some other drab and dreary town, but, we are Brighton, the best party City in the U.K.,so, obviously we're going to have a party.

I look forward to next seasons' Scrapping into 17th on goal difference ' party.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
If you think that was the purpose of the party then you've missed the point made a dozen times on this thread. We were celebrating - together - the survival of the club we all love. The culmination of which is promotion to the top tier of football.

That decades of worry, pain, disappointment, anxiety (and a few cherries in the turd) which now feel like they are over. Promotion is a vindication of our faith, Tony's plan and sends a signal out to all clubs - things can get better.

We had a party - a big one - to vent our emotions. I won't apologise to anyone for the buses, the flags or the tears.

Cool cool cool, but that's kind of the point I was making. You're celebrating the stuff that's important to you and your club, and no ornery Man Utd supporting child on twitter should (or could) lessen the celebrations. My point was simply that the reason we didn't celebrate is because it's not as huge a deal to us as it is to you. To put it into context, I know Man Utd fans who only care about winning the Europa League as a route to the Champions League, Newcastle would be a bacchanalian dystopia for weeks if we were to win the Europa League and if a Chelsea fan mocked us we'd string him up by his jellied eels. :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What did I say that's incorrect like? Or are we only look at the surface? If the latter is the case then could you do me favour and put a note round to the rest of the league to stop whining on about our resources, our manager and the rest? I mean we won the league, so our £55m summer spend shouldn't be mentioned at all?

I don't disagree with your posts about the two teams coming at the whole business from different places, but please don't randomly type the word 'like' at the end of your sentences. It's a speech idiom and has no place in written language unless your intent is to shout 'Look at Me! I am a Geordie.'

Mayhap us'll be boffled if us all 'ave us own pawsy foreigner squatetings. Quiddy?

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
I don't disagree with your posts about the two teams coming at the whole business from different places, but please don't randomly type the word 'like' at the end of your sentences. It's a speech idiom and has no place in written language unless your intent is to shout 'Look at Me! I am a Geordie.'

Mayhap us'll be boffled if us all 'ave us own pawsy foreigner squatetings. Quiddy?

"Like" wasn't included to baffle, nor was it included randomly. It's part of my speech pattern and I choose an informal tone online as the more formal style can seem dry.

But sure, I will absolutely change the way I type out my thoughts for you, Mr anonymous Brighton fan on the internet, that's absolutely something I'll bother my arse to do. I wonder, do you also spend your time trying to police the use of capitals and correcting the grammar of total strangers?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
"Like" wasn't included to baffle, nor was it included randomly. It's part of my speech pattern and I choose an informal tone online as the more formal style can seem dry.

But sure, I will absolutely change the way I type out my thoughts for you, Mr anonymous Brighton fan on the internet, that's absolutely something I'll bother my arse to do. I wonder, do you also spend your time trying to police the use of capitals and correcting the grammar of total strangers?

Well speak Proper then!

Bloody northerners...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here