Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

95 points...not promoted

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Heartbreak for Tranmere, losing 3-1 to Forest Green in the playoffs. I think it's time for three up three down league two/national league.
Anyways, welcome to the League proper FGR

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Heartbreak for Tranmere, losing 3-1 to Forest Green in the playoffs. I think it's time for three up three down league two/national league.
Anyways, welcome to the League proper FGR

Not really Tranmere knew the competition rules when they started back in August, it's the slings and arrows of the play-off process. We've both lost out and benefitted over the years, it's why we love football.

Tranmere face a real head to head with Hartlepool next season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gutted and i do genuinely feel for them,will really take some going to better themselves next season..

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Hmmm...Haywards Heath came top with 96pts and may still not gain promotion!! All because another club doesn't pay its fines!...work that out???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Delighted for Forest Green, Gloucestershire's finest (if you're Gloucester you don't count Cheltenham!) For a while now they have been the best village football team in England by a country mile, and it's great to see them make the league proper at last - they've had a very similar experience to us with play-offs over the last few years.
Wonder how FL fans will cope with an all wood stadium and vegan pies..................

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Pleased for Forest Green but awful for Tranmere .

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Delighted for Forest Green, Gloucestershire's finest (if you're Gloucester you don't count Cheltenham!) For a while now they have been the best village football team in England by a country mile, and it's great to see them make the league proper at last - they've had a very similar experience to us with play-offs over the last few years.
Wonder how FL fans will cope with an all wood stadium and vegan pies..................

Dont think the Tranmere captain Steve Mcnulty ( orange shirt) needs pies vegan or not

_87426543_steve_mcnulty2.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hmmm...Haywards Heath came top with 96pts and may still not gain promotion!! All because another club doesn't pay its fines!...work that out???

What? I didn't know about this. What happened?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Should be four up and four down now. No excuse. Teams that leave that league often do well.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Still think fairer system would be 3rd place goes straight to final. 5th and 6th play each other and winner plays 4th place to decide other final place.
This gives great incentive to play for 3rd and 4th place with no weakened teams for last few games

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Tranmere played sh*te today. Simple as that.

Indeed they did. My Dad went today, he's currently on the way back to Merseyside absolutely fuming. I don't think I'll ring him in the next week or so ....

Hope they do it next season. I always feel a bit sorry for Tranmere, living in the shadow of two giants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

What? I didn't know about this. What happened?

Melford Simpson (who played for Shoreham and East Grinstead in 2015-16) joined Haywards Heath at the beginning of April from Fisher FC. He scored 5 goals in 5 league matches as Heath won the Southern Combination Premier Division title (and should therefore be promoted to Ryman South).

However, the league didn't present the trophy on the day they won the title and the FA have now charged Haywards Heath and the player - Haywards Heath Football Club charged following investigation

As I understand it, Simpson was under a Sine Die ban by the London FA in relation to his period with Fisher.

I have no idea if Heath knew about the ban (I would have to assume they didn't) and I have no idea whether the player and/or the club SHOULD have known about it, but in situations such as this the FA tends to be extremely "harsh" on the offending party, even if they couldn't have done more than they did. One example; Aryan Tajbakhsh (who happened to play for Crawley Town against the Albion U-23s in the Sussex Senior Cup final this season). In January 2015 he joined Enfield Town from VCD Athletic. Later that month he got a booking. When the Enfield secretary was dealing with the paperwork he noticed a discrepancy and immediately contacted the FA. It turned out Tajbakhsh had already received 10 bookings that season and should have served a suspension commencing January 3rd. The FA originally told Enfield that once he had served his ban everything would be fine, but they eventually charged Enfield (even though all the bookings had been received before he joined the club) and they were found guilty and docked points which prevented them taking their place in the play-offs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here