Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair, if the club can't be arsed to get stock in till the end of October then they only have themselves to blame if fans look elsewhere.

Although looking at it another way, had supporters been arsed to pre-order in May, June or July and the club not been inundated with sales at the pre season friendly to the extent that sales exceeded the most optimistic forecasts and because we don't have the ordering clout the big clubs have.

I'm sure if the club over ordered and had excess stock which they couldn't sell it would ok to some.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What you going to do , check it's got the correct number of stripes etc ??
It has the Nike swoosh and all Nike tags etc and is made in Thailand like all the shirts in club shop and material is exactly the same as I checked the shirts in club shop last night
I've even ordered another one for my lad
Buy 2 from Hong Kong for the price of one in the Club shop

Haven't found any kids ones on the sites selling snide gear yet, have you?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No exactly the same imho
f9b460d3ea6163092345466a9209122b.jpg

Pretty good copy to be fair but the Amex lettering doesn't look quite the same and the badge does look smaller. Maybe post a pic after you've washed it a couple of times too......often a good test of the material.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I think from an ethics stance, I would rather pay for the official product in the knowledge that at least some of the money goes into the Club's kitty, rather than a cheap knock-off probably produced for tuppence an hour in some dodgy back-street Chinese* sweat shop.

But we're all different.

*Other sweat shops are no doubt available, sadly.

If you check all Nike stuff it's made in Thailand in a sweat shop

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If you check all Nike stuff it's made in Thailand in a sweat shop

I don't think the ethics of the manufacturing of the shirt is far to throw your way to be honest. The argument for paying towards the club's kitty instead of some Asian businessman is another. But saying that. I just ordered a shirt for my friends birthday over here. With Knockaert, the Premier League patches and postage it cost £80 (EIGHTY ENGLISH POUNDS!!!!)

Despite it being listed as in stock it took them 14 days to dispatch the shirt. I had to mail them to chase them to see what was happening, they only gave me a tracking number when I asked for it and their 0845 number doesn't work at all from abroad!

To be honest, I kind of wished I'd saved myself a ton of money and just given him one for a third of the price!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
My official shirt bought from the club shop, on the day of the Atletico friendly, was made in Bangladesh.

Just to add. Just found that Nike has an interactive map showing all of it's factories, employee numbers, migrant percentages etc. Quite interesting.
http://manufacturingmap.nikeinc.com/#

There's only one Nike apparel factory in Bangladesh.
- 2785 employees
- 1965 line workers
- 62% female
- 0.0% migrant workers

If you look up the factory, they claim to take (relatively) good care of their employees... which is nice.
http://www.dewhirst.com/ethical-care/

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if the club staff in the store are being made aware of these moody fake shirts doing the rounds, and if so, what the reaction would be if you went in to get a name / number printed on it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I wonder if the club staff in the store are being made aware of these moody fake shirts doing the rounds, and if so, what the reaction would be if you went in to get a name / number printed on it.

Surely would be refused ? I would like to think so anyway.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I'd have thought so. Maybe they'll be shown how to clock a fake one, and then put a knife through it, or BURN it or something.

The fake ones do the printing for free, in total £10. Great value, I wouldn't wear one as I'm an adult but good luck to other people.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It isn't exactly the same. I've seen the fake ones posted elsewhere (@super phil posted pics of one he'd bought). The Amex logo typeface is off, the crest is terrible, the fit is different and the material and finishing are both sub par.

Agree completely about the Amex logo being slightly too short, and it's not 'iron-on' like the official one. The badge is iffy for sure, but the fabric/material is as near as identical as it's possible to tell to an original Nike shirt, and there seems to be nothing wrong with the fit.

Each to their own, I bought one for my collection as a curio really as it's the first time I can recall seeing a fake Albion shirt, I will be adding a couple of authentic Nike shirts to my collection during the season as the ones I want become available.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Pretty good copy to be fair but the Amex lettering doesn't look quite the same and the badge does look smaller. Maybe post a pic after you've washed it a couple of times too......often a good test of the material.

Have to say, mine's been through the wash and hasn't suffered at all.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The fake ones do the printing for free, in total £10. Great value, I wouldn't wear one as I'm an adult but good luck to other people.

I completely get why some adults don't care to wear a football shirt at games or anywhere else for that matter, but to suggest it is because you are an adult that you don't is simply wrong, because millions of adults do wear them. I just don't get this incredibly vociferous and vehement opinion that adults are wrong to wear them, just because you don't care to. As the owner of over a thousand football shirts, I too don't wear them, not because I'm an adult, but because I don't want to.

Why do people get so sniffy about adults wearing footie shirts to matches, or anywhere else for that matter?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here