Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick tunnel night closures

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I've just come back for a visit to good old Sussex after quite a while away, and I see the regular tunnel night closures still seem to be in operation. No other tunnel - Dartford, Blackwall, Mersey, Hatfield, Tyne etc - seem to have anything like such frequent inconvenient closures. Does anyone know what the hell the reason for them is? The info signs have never offered any explanation.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It's so they can load and unload the missiles safely

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Dartford usually has one of the 2 bores closed at night.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Alien or military base. Have been saying it for years. Used to live across the hill in Mile Oak when it opened two years late. A lot of late night activity goes on there when they close it. Military trucks and aircraft at 3am is abnormal behaviour.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's where they keep the nuclear missiles.....shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
lewes has had closures recently although that was more for the re surfacing of South Street..

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There is, within said structure, a sophisticated mass of complex scientific hardware in constant need of maintenance and updating for nationally important measures. Ulloa's penalty SHALL be found.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd always suspected that was the whole of Southwick, and that they were quite open about it.

You say that-but in southwick is a house an normal house,yet once through the front door its a cross between a workingmans club,a nuclear bunker and some mountain side complex..

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It's a bit over half a mile away from me. So I could pop up there.

I have walked up the downs at night whilst drunk before. Haven't been abducted yet, although I do stand there hoping.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I was told that there was a major mistake in its design and construction, which will require maintenance work at weekends nights forever!

This seems the most plausible explanation to me. No surprise that even to this day nobody has come clean about it. Though why should the poor taxpayer be informed, they only bloody paid for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here