Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Glad you agree.

I can't speak for everyone but to me it is not that calling out CNN, The Democrats etc is defending Trump per se (that would be ridiculous). However it must be noted that you spend a lot of time attacking 'The Left' on this board and a lot of time attacking all and anything that opposes Trump. Your intention may not be to defend Trump but that is certainly how you come across to me. You won't actually come out and say it of course because you understand that you will immediately lose more credibility by doing so. However you will use every opportunity to spout some whattaboutery to deflect attention of your 'hilarious' Trump.

That's because the left are the biggest hypocrites of the lot and from my life experiences have attempted to impose their views and actions upon me to suit their political views.
Isn't that why other people would rail against the right? Because their life experiences have been curtailed by the right?

Credibility is a strange thing. In this thread some of the most rabid anti-Trump types should have zero credibility because they constantly have been proven wrong on positions. Yet because this is a perfect example of an echo chamber they'll be perceived as being credible because they spout the same rhetoric as the other anti-Trump types.

They don't even need to provide anything researched or proven a lot of the time. They just need to say it and it'll be believed because of the echo chamber.

Whattaboutery is the single best word for finding out hypocrites. It's a much needed thing to point out hypocrisy

To be fair, your calls about the corruption of the system and the moral bankruptcy of politicians is fair and there is much evidence to support it. The Us system is flawed as is the UK's and Australia's. It is the fact that you bring this stuff up on a thread about Trump in response to criticisms of Trump that make me question your motives. If not to deflect the spotlight from Trump why do you chose to post this stuff on this thread? (Genuine question!)

It's point out once again the hypocrisy of those who have rabid hate for him. Would you take someone seriously if they moaned and sooked about something that they themselves do or contribute to but from the other side of the aisle?

Why do all of a sudden they have an issue with the Trump administration when there's been far more insidious and corrupt administrations in the past.

Is the difference I look at it in the context of other Presidencies and this one while different, hasn't been as yet as bad as others gone before.

I haven't watched your videos as videos are bot my chosen medium when it comes to information. My reasons are two fold. 1. I find it hard to fact check videos as citations and references are hard to follow and checking them ruins the flow of the video. 2, On a personal level i live in a small house with 3 kids and watching videos is disruptive to people.

Then you can't really comment on my positions because without knowing the context from which I'm discussing from you're just using your preconceived bias to make an assumption.

If you'd had the time to watch them I'd hazard a guess that you'd find the people he speaks to and the information they are able to provide very interesting.

What I will say though is I would be amazed if your Dore videos are not partizan as it is nigh on impossible to tell a story or provide information without bias. I also seem to remember that you have mentioned on a few occasions on here that the videos contain left leaning views and experts? It is also hard to take them too seriously when you continue to evade the question by Stat Brother earlier in the thread about Jimmy Dore denying gas attacks by Assad in return for $$ from a lobby group. (not something I have looked into but surely you can clear this smear on your no partizan poster boy?). I think the trick with this stuff is to recognise each individual resource's bias and evaluate its worth on a case by case basis.

As previously stated. Dore doesn't provide any of the information on the topic of conversation. He's simply the host.

All his content comes from other people. He just provides a platform for these people from many varied backgrounds who find it difficult or impossible to get any coverage on other media outlets.

Due to that diversity in background he does give voice to people who aren't as he is a liberal progressive Democrat.

He also promotes other independent platforms that are very secular in nature.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All mail in voting is corrupt...

[tweet]1247658663617138691[/tweet]

...except for when I do it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm glad you chaps can enjoy it.

But don't forget, for some of us on here, this is our President .......

Yep....and he will be for some more years yet and when he has finished, the US will be in a lot better shape than when he started.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Going by NSC brains trust she just commited whataboutery.

She pointed out that the CURRENT president was hypocritical, in relation to a CURRENT issue, relevant to the CURRENT situation.

That's not whataboutery.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds like the usual spiteful and rambling press conference, highlights include the threat of withholding US financial support for the WHO, still pushing an agenda for a drug that has not been proved effective and claims he knows nothing about the sacking of the captain of The Theodore Roosevelt, Captain Brett Crozier, yet stated " The captain wrote a 5 page letter of complaint " to the Navy about the support for him and his ship and even managed to denounce postal voting as " Corrupt " yet admitted postal voting himself.

Just another mixed up, shook up day in the soft play brain of Donald Trump.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
She pointed out that the CURRENT president was hypocritical, in relation to a CURRENT issue, relevant to the CURRENT situation.

That's not whataboutery.

Yeah just like when people point out the CURRENT opposition is hypocritical in relation to CURRENT issues relevant to the CURRENT situation.

You don't even realise when your applying double standards and being a hypocrite.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sounds like the usual spiteful and rambling press conference, highlights include the threat of withholding US financial support for the WHO, still pushing an agenda for a drug that has not been proved effective and claims he knows nothing about the sacking of the captain of The Theodore Roosevelt, Captain Brett Crozier, yet stated " The captain wrote a 5 page letter of complaint " to the Navy about the support for him and his ship and even managed to denounce postal voting as " Corrupt " yet admitted postal voting himself.

Just another mixed up, shook up day in the soft play brain of Donald Trump.

All nations should threaten this given the current corruption on display by it's most senior members.

There has also been a surge in internal corruption allegations across the whole of the organisation, with the detection of multiple schemes aimed at defrauding large sums of money from the international body.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02...nded-internal-corruption-allegations/11970382

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah just like when people point out the CURRENT opposition is hypocritical in relation to CURRENT issues relevant to the CURRENT situation.

You don't even realise when your applying double standards and being a hypocrite.

Morning, Trump Baby …. up late today ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You have the intellectual capacity of a baby.

You can't even identify world time zones. Insular much?

1, I'm SO wounded by that... :rotlf:

2, Time is relative, as I'm sure you are aware ? usually your posts are timed in the middle of the night here so it is slightly unusual for you still to be blowing the Orange Mans Trumpet or Orange Oboe for him at this time.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
1, I'm SO wounded by that... :rotlf:

2, Time is relative, as I'm sure you are aware ? usually your posts are timed in the middle of the night here so it is slightly unusual for you still to be blowing the Orange Mans Trumpet or Orange Oboe for him at this time.

It's only 5:06 pm in the afternoon, not really a shocking time to be sitting at a computer when the whole nation is on lockdown.

I have to question your intelligence when you take issue with someone calling out a corrupt organisation like the WHO.

Calling out corruption is generally by fair minded people considered to be a good thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here