Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
His problem is that he has skeletons in his closet. In the past he was treated as a bit of joke no one thought it worth the effort to investigate. Whilst he is president he’s untouchable however afterwards it will be another story entirely. He has pissed off a biblical number of people who would like their pound of flesh. As soon as he loses the protection of the White House it’s going to be interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Putin HAS to stay in power at all costs, too many enemies. In Russia it won't be a criminal investigation either.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Some gold again tonight.

"My granddaughter was very ill. Temperature of 102 and I'm the doctor! But I couldn't go to her..."

Bumbling orange idiot "Is your grandson ok...?"

"Daughter, yes"

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I would suggest that it would be better to call out people for posting duff information from whatever source. Surely it is better to accept that News outlets of all shapes and sizes will at times publish both credible and fact checked information, just as they will also publish biased lies and bullshit. One of the most important skills we need in this day and age is decent media literacy and the ability to check and cross check information and sources no matter where that information comes from. To me the whole 'its from CNN/FoxNews, so it must be bullshit" or 'this comes from Jimmy Dore, so it must be correct' is fraught with problems if one is trying to find truthful and factual information.

I agree.

However in this thread and you included at times seem to think calling out CNN, The Democrats etc lies is "defending Trump".

If you actually watched Dore's videos it's full of well respected and well credentialed investigative style journalists whose only goal is to expose Government corruption.

Unlike the major outlets they aren't partisan in how they report stuff. That in itself is a far better starting place for news than the highly partisan major media outlets.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But we're not the ones that matter because we (in the most part) are not US voters. Trump acts like he believes Fox News, judging by the way he speaks about – and to – it. Therefore, all his followers will believe it, because they believe HIM (although why they do completely baffles me).

I agree with this.

The problem is however that it goes the other way. If you look at someone like Rachel Maddow she's been exposed by left, right and centre for fabricating stories to push false agendas like Russiagate.

There's people in this thread however that probably think Russiagate was an actual thing because of rubbish she reported.

You seem to be obsessed by posting or asking for credible/liberal/unbiased sources, but look closely enough and there's an 'angle' in everything. Everyone has an agenda, some people make it more obvious than others.

The whole thing is so tedious with this real-life internet troll in the White House. All this "Fake News" BS Trump comes out with is pathetic, seeing as he is the actual source for a lot of it. Reporters are literally quoting back to him things he has said and he calls it "nasty". The poor lamb, my heart bleeds for his bruised ego. Having said that, I don't really get his game, but it clearly worked in 2016 and will probably work again in 2020. There certainly *is* no accounting for taste...

Some people still do have the angle of wanting the truth. Hard to believe in this climate but they are out there. This why you get people who are legitimate whistle-blowers. Willing to put their life and reputation on the line to expose corruption.

Check out a guy called Dylan Rattigan. He's someone who has a great track record of calling it all out and he's been consistent for years now on the issue.

It is actually possible that Trump might be less corrupt than his Democrat options. Time will tell but he's got a lot of corruption to catch up on if he is.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Here we go.....

Thought I’d watch it last night to see how bad it really is. OMG. He just rambles and mumbles on for ages just repeating stuff and losing his train of thought. Everything physical he talks about is reaffirmed with ‘its a beautiful thing’ comment thrown in. Then he just seems to go to war with the press (fake news) during questions like its some kind of sport. He really is a class A idiot. How the hell did he ever get anywhere near being president let alone be one?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thought I’d watch it last night to see how bad it really is. OMG. He just rambles and mumbles on for ages just repeating stuff and losing his train of thought. Everything physical he talks about is reaffirmed with ‘its a beautiful thing’ comment thrown in. Then he just seems to go to war with the press (fake news) during questions like its some kind of sport. He really is a class A idiot. How the hell did he ever get anywhere near being president let alone be one?

He's fine when he just has to do a quick 5 minute press conference or a piece to camera getting off Marine 1 , these press conferences are too demanding, too long, throw up too many complicated issues plus his previous comments get re-analysed and questioned. Remember the old analogy " You can never remember a lie, but you can always remember the truth " ?

This is Trumps problem, he does not know what he is saying and can't remember it either so he can never stay on tack about a subject, this leads to endless contradictions and confusion and makes him look the idiot he is. If he confines himself to Twitter he's fine, anything more is too demanding.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
ab6f066694870ca05358bd2d33f2472b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Because when he became President his decline into dementia hadn't really started.

Compare pre-election Trump to today's Trump. He is a shell of himself 3 years ago.

He still has some support locked in from election day - they don't yet see his mental decline because it has been a relentless daily minuscule drop.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree.

However in this thread and you included at times seem to think calling out CNN, The Democrats etc lies is "defending Trump".

If you actually watched Dore's videos it's full of well respected and well credentialed investigative style journalists whose only goal is to expose Government corruption.

Unlike the major outlets they aren't partisan in how they report stuff. That in itself is a far better starting place for news than the highly partisan major media outlets.

Glad you agree.

I can't speak for everyone but to me it is not that calling out CNN, The Democrats etc is defending Trump per se (that would be ridiculous). However it must be noted that you spend a lot of time attacking 'The Left' on this board and a lot of time attacking all and anything that opposes Trump. Your intention may not be to defend Trump but that is certainly how you come across to me. You won't actually come out and say it of course because you understand that you will immediately lose more credibility by doing so. However you will use every opportunity to spout some whattaboutery to deflect attention of your 'hilarious' Trump.

To be fair, your calls about the corruption of the system and the moral bankruptcy of politicians is fair and there is much evidence to support it. The Us system is flawed as is the UK's and Australia's. It is the fact that you bring this stuff up on a thread about Trump in response to criticisms of Trump that make me question your motives. If not to deflect the spotlight from Trump why do you chose to post this stuff on this thread? (Genuine question!)

I haven't watched your videos as videos are bot my chosen medium when it comes to information. My reasons are two fold. 1. I find it hard to fact check videos as citations and references are hard to follow and checking them ruins the flow of the video. 2, On a personal level i live in a small house with 3 kids and watching videos is disruptive to people.

What I will say though is I would be amazed if your Dore videos are not partizan as it is nigh on impossible to tell a story or provide information without bias. I also seem to remember that you have mentioned on a few occasions on here that the videos contain left leaning views and experts? It is also hard to take them too seriously when you continue to evade the question by Stat Brother earlier in the thread about Jimmy Dore denying gas attacks by Assad in return for $$ from a lobby group. (not something I have looked into but surely you can clear this smear on your no partizan poster boy?). I think the trick with this stuff is to recognise each individual resource's bias and evaluate its worth on a case by case basis.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Donny's latest Press Secretary

[tweet]1246454626905468931[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because when he became President his decline into dementia hadn't really started.

Compare pre-election Trump to today's Trump. He is a shell of himself 3 years ago.

He still has some support locked in from election day - they don't yet see his mental decline because it has been a relentless daily minuscule drop.

Very much this. At the daily press conferences he comes across as waffling and fidgety old fool, filling potential silences with the very same bunkum he told us 1, 5 and 30 minutes before.

Worth watching for unintended comic value alone, but also dangerous as he keeps promoting a drug with side effects, never cleared for COVID19. “What have you got to lose” is his stock defence. Well, potentially, quite a lot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Donny's latest Press Secretary

[tweet]1246454626905468931[/tweet]

How can either one of them actually keep a straight face when saying this shite ? Aren't they meant to be Christians ? Thou shalt not bear false witness ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kayleigh McEnany was a regular TV guest during the presidential election campaign of 2016 (and, as a result, virtually every segment which involved her became unwatchable).

You might see less of her now:-

[tweet]1247579263940820993[/tweet]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How can either one of them actually keep a straight face when saying this shite ? Aren't they meant to be Christians ? Thou shalt not bear false witness ?

I would have thought that what faith they are is irrelevant....telling whoppers is just plain dishonest

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would have thought that what faith they are is irrelevant....telling whoppers is just plain dishonest
Ah, but they are supposed to be Republican, evangelical, baptist, God fearin Christians... Not supposed to lie or Bull ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here