Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are spot on here. Trump has taken it to another level.

Defending his vile behaviour because Clinton and Lewinsky had something going on is like defending Myra Hindley because people used to smack their kids.

Or defending Fox News because CNN are biased too.

Its classic Whattaboutery,, we all know it and TB knows it . It just keeps him entertained. I refer you to your earlier post.

Very true.

In fairness to TB though he doesn't come on here defending Trump, just pointing his beady eye everywhere else, except Trump.
As a rule I tend to not get involved in that either and I'm pretty much done now.

So as you were.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
They are both as bad as each other. Yet for some reason people seem to want to believe one side over the other.

When in reality they are both liars. Yet both are still popular.

A product of the moronic red/blue dichotomy.

So trump is a lying, two faced, draft dogding, waste of space unfit to be president? Yes or no in your opinion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You are spot on here. Trump has taken it to another level.

Defending his vile behaviour because Clinton and Lewinsky had something going on is like defending Myra Hindley because people used to smack their kids.

Or defending Fox News because CNN are biased too.

Its classic Whattaboutery,, we all know it and TB knows it . It just keeps him entertained. I refer you to your earlier post.

Nobody has defended Fox News. In fact everyone has noted they are biased and don't report the truth. Is this thread full of Fox News videos?

So you literally made that up. You lied. Should you forever be known as a liar?

Calling people out for posting information from a source no more credible than Fox is what people SHOULD do.

Agreed?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So trump is a lying, two faced, draft dogding, waste of space unfit to be president? Yes or no in your opinion?

He sure is.

They all are.

I hate all Governments because they are all cut from the same self serving clothe. So it's hilarious to see Trump totally expose all the corruption and sordid bullshit by simply being Trump.

If you're Libertarian or Liberal(in the true sense) or simply apolitical it's this moment where you can say see, we ****ing told you so.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's new in some ways. But not in the worst kind of ways. Thank **** he's not got the warmongering tendencies of former Presidents, yet...

He has exposed so many institutions both in business and in politics through his gung ho ways. So he never drained the swamp but damn has he exposed it.

He's a big mouth, lot of huff and puff but mostly bluff.

I look forward to see how utterly corrupt he was after he leaves office as that's when corruption normally gets exposed. Plenty more hypocrisy to come if he is exposed.

Blimey ...I agree ..must go lay down

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nobody has defended Fox News. In fact everyone has noted they are biased and don't report the truth. Is this thread full of Fox News videos?

Calling people out for posting information from a source no more credible than Fox is what people SHOULD do.

Agreed?

I would suggest that it would be better to call out people for posting duff information from whatever source. Surely it is better to accept that News outlets of all shapes and sizes will at times publish both credible and fact checked information, just as they will also publish biased lies and bullshit. One of the most important skills we need in this day and age is decent media literacy and the ability to check and cross check information and sources no matter where that information comes from. To me the whole 'its from CNN/FoxNews, so it must be bullshit" or 'this comes from Jimmy Dore, so it must be correct' is fraught with problems if one is trying to find truthful and factual information.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Agreed?

But we're not the ones that matter because we (in the most part) are not US voters. Trump acts like he believes Fox News, judging by the way he speaks about – and to – it. Therefore, all his followers will believe it, because they believe HIM (although why they do completely baffles me).

You seem to be obsessed by posting or asking for credible/liberal/unbiased sources, but look closely enough and there's an 'angle' in everything. Everyone has an agenda, some people make it more obvious than others.

The whole thing is so tedious with this real-life internet troll in the White House. All this "Fake News" BS Trump comes out with is pathetic, seeing as he is the actual source for a lot of it. Reporters are literally quoting back to him things he has said and he calls it "nasty". The poor lamb, my heart bleeds for his bruised ego. Having said that, I don't really get his game, but it clearly worked in 2016 and will probably work again in 2020. There certainly *is* no accounting for taste...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would suggest that it would be better to call out people for posting duff information from whatever source. Surely it is better to accept that News outlets of all shapes and sizes will at times publish both credible and fact checked information, just as they will also publish biased lies and bullshit. One of the most important skills we need in this day and age is decent media literacy and the ability to check and cross check information and sources no matter where that information comes from. To me the whole 'its from CNN/FoxNews, so it must be bullshit" or 'this comes from Jimmy Dore, so it must be correct' is fraught with problems if one is trying to find truthful and factual information.
There a great anti Trump currently doing the rounds.
Very much in line with others I've posted, certainly right up [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION]s street.

Simple enough.
Black background.
Trump's deflecting Coronavirus words
Graph of confirmed cases spiking upwards.

It's very effective.
Ticks all my boxes.

But the closing line of 'this message was bought to you from blah blah & blah', had me thinking I'm not doing their work for them, I don't know who you are.

Whereas if it were just a meme or something I'd have been all in.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bang on. Do they teach that in media studies.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had a skim through yesterdays Trump press conference, the usual USA is great, all problems will be solved, lots more really really good things happening and going to happen even better, lots of BIG numbers etc. etc. It's hard listening when he gets nailed on details as usual, you almost feel sorry for him.

He also kept saying that he can see nice chinks of light in the crisis for the USA, the pandemic is turning. Whilst pathetically looking across to his nervous scientists for a smile and a nod, to signify their approval to his baseless rhetoric.

Joker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's awake:-

[tweet]1247127098797539329[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

jaws.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's awake:-

[tweet]1247127098797539329[/tweet]

He's been a bit quiet most mornings recently, almost like he does not want to draw attention to himself, or associate himself with the shitstorm of bad Covid-19 news.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He is just, like practically every politician in the world, totally out of his depth.

He is businessman and his desperate comments about “ coming out of this” and “ let’s get America back to work” and it’s all “ the fecking Chineses fault” is aimed at his flock in America and that is only how a businessman sees this.

Thing is no matter how many times he makes himself look like a fool, his supporters forgive him as “ he has got the economy going” and has “ made America great again”

If putin can bring in a law to keep him in power forever, no reason to stop trump doing so.....he is the Teflon kid!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There a great anti Trump currently doing the rounds.
Very much in line with others I've posted, certainly right up [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION]s street.

Simple enough.
Black background.
Trump's deflecting Coronavirus words
Graph of confirmed cases spiking upwards.

It's very effective.
Ticks all my boxes.

But the closing line of 'this message was bought to you from blah blah & blah', had me thinking I'm not doing their work for them, I don't know who you are.

Whereas if it were just a meme or something I'd have been all in.

No need to go trolling through lots of different media sources of news, it's so much easier to remember what Trump has said at any given time and remind everyone when he says the opposite or denies he said it. Simples.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is just, like practically every politician in the world, totally out of his depth.

He is businessman and his desperate comments about “ coming out of this” and “ let’s get America back to work” and it’s all “ the fecking Chineses fault” is aimed at his flock in America and that is only how a businessman sees this.

Thing is no matter how many times he makes himself look like a fool, his supporters forgive him as “ he has got the economy going” and has “ made America great again”

If putin can bring in a law to keep him in power forever, no reason to stop trump doing so.....he is the Teflon kid!

I think there has been quite a range of responses to this crisis by elected ( and non -elected ) politicians. I think some leaders made hard choices early on and have maintained order and a sense of " getting through" with a strategy despite its effect on their economies and the level of suffering. Johnson, totally misread the enormity of the situation early on but events then forced him to go with the science and leave it to the experts.

Trump on the other hand was in complete denial from the off and just did understand the enormity of the US going about its normal work. His prevarication has made things considerably worse for the US and he will be tied to this failure unless he manages to put some fantastic spin on the numbers of sufferers in the US and the destruction of the economy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think there has been quite a range of responses to this crisis by elected ( and non -elected ) politicians. I think some leaders made hard choices early on and have maintained order and a sense of " getting through" with a strategy despite its effect on their economies and the level of suffering. Johnson, totally misread the enormity of the situation early on but events then forced him to go with the science and leave it to the experts.

Trump on the other hand was in complete denial from the off and just did understand the enormity of the US going about its normal work. His prevarication has made things considerably worse for the US and he will be tied to this failure unless he manages to put some fantastic spin on the numbers of sufferers in the US and the destruction of the economy.

When all this comes out in the wash, it will be interesting to read the memoirs of some of the scientists as to how much did Boris actually wing it, or ignore the advice, or like with the herd analogy, was it the scientists who advised that the best form of defence was in fact hoping many people got it and recovered and therefore making it easier to find out how and why than locking everyone in their rooms hoping they wouldn’t catch it.

But I agree, trump just assumed he was a genius and knew best...some of the faces of scientists in the background when he was spouting his BS was priceless.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Personally I don't think he'll care that much about his reputation afterwards. His following will still fawn over him, he'll be able to be called 'President Trump' for eternity and he'll continue to try and spin his way out of any negativity that comes his way. The only person Trump cares about is Trump, so as long as his interests are not fundamentally damaged, he won't really be that bothered about Americans. He's proven he's got no respect for anyone by having the gall to come out with one set of nonsense that keeps people happy one minute, to then later claim he never said it. And nothing is EVER his fault.

I also don't think that he would WANT to be in power for as long as possible, like Putin. There are a lot of signs that show he absolutely cannot be fecked with the job and would rather be playing golf, getting peed on by a hooker, watching TV and eating KFC or literally ANYTHING rather than running the country. He loves the power that it gives him, but he's bored. I think – like a lot of Albion fans – he enjoyed the journey to the top a lot more than the time at the destination. And as for this 'Make America Great Again' and bringing the country together – he seems to be doing more than anybody to ensure it's divided.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I also don't think that he would WANT to be in power for as long as possible, like Putin. There are a lot of signs that show he absolutely cannot be fecked with the job and would rather be playing golf, getting peed on by a hooker, watching TV and eating KFC or literally ANYTHING rather than running the country. He loves the power that it gives him, but he's bored. I think – like a lot of Albion fans – he enjoyed the journey to the top a lot more than the time at the destination. And as for this 'Make America Great Again' and bringing the country together – he seems to be doing more than anybody to ensure it's divided.

His problem is that he has skeletons in his closet. In the past he was treated as a bit of joke no one thought it worth the effort to investigate. Whilst he is president he’s untouchable however afterwards it will be another story entirely. He has pissed off a biblical number of people who would like their pound of flesh. As soon as he loses the protection of the White House it’s going to be interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here