Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the off chance this hasn't been mentioned across the many threads:-

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...-he-disbanded-his-global-health-team-n1153221

One of Donald Trump's most important missteps in dealing with the coronavirus outbreak happened before anyone had even heard of COVID-19. In fact, the president's first error came back in 2018.

It was two years ago when Trump ordered the shutdown of the White House National Security Council's entire global health security unit. NBC News had a good report on this recently, noting that the president's decision "to downsize the White House national security staff -- and eliminate jobs addressing global pandemics -- is likely to hamper the U.S. government's response to the coronavirus."

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...-he-disbanded-his-global-health-team-n1153221

One of Donald Trump's most important missteps in dealing with the coronavirus outbreak happened before anyone had even heard of COVID-19. In fact, the president's first error came back in 2018.

It was two years ago when Trump ordered the shutdown of the White House National Security Council's entire global health security unit. NBC News had a good report on this recently, noting that the president's decision "to downsize the White House national security staff -- and eliminate jobs addressing global pandemics -- is likely to hamper the U.S. government's response to the coronavirus."

Fake news, it is all Obama's fault.

[tweet]1238410044263333894[/tweet]

[tweet]1238410051758575617[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fake news, it is all Obama's fault.

[tweet]1238410044263333894[/tweet]

[tweet]1238410051758575617[/tweet]

Is it possible that Trump has now found a way of compartmentalising Covid-19 as an issue that he had no connection or blame for by desperately digging in to the past for scapegoats?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

The disgusting health system over here is what is hampering the governments response to the virus, it's an embarrassment. But its ok! Because this year Trumps opponent will be Joe Biden, a senile old man who actually makes Trumps teleprompter gaffes look capable compared to him and also hates the idea of poor people getting healthcare. He will veto ANY national health care type of bill if he wins. Lose/Lose.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The disgusting health system over here is what is hampering the governments response to the virus, it's an embarrassment. But its ok! Because this year Trumps opponent will be Joe Biden, a senile old man who actually makes Trumps teleprompter gaffes look capable compared to him and also hates the idea of poor people getting healthcare. He will veto ANY national health care type of bill if he wins. Lose/Lose.
You wouldn't have thought it was possible for the Democrats to find one candidate capable of losing to The Donald, in a nationwide election.

But to double down and find a second is truly spectacular.

I imagine there are only 3 people, across the pond, who could lose to Trump.
Poor Bernie is going to be the odd one out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1238565155614703624[/tweet]

[tweet]1238572800186757120[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1238565155614703624[/tweet]

[tweet]1238572800186757120[/tweet]

There's a surprise, " a nasty question "..... Anyway, I thought this virus could probably disappear tomorrow .. like it was never here ? ah well.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

It is an absolute disgrace. I think most Brits working over here get good health cover through their jobs but it doesn't stop you realizing how bad it is for many Americans. BBC just saying that 27 million Americans have no cover so may carry on working with the symptoms and a lot of illegal immigrants are too wary of going to get checked as they fear getting deported. Add in the fact a lot of American companies do not offer paid sick leave forcing some folk to carry on working when they should be at home, What a shit show

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It is an absolute disgrace. I think most Brits working over here get good health cover through their jobs but it doesn't stop you realizing how bad it is for many Americans. BBC just saying that 27 million Americans have no cover so may carry on working with the symptoms and a lot of illegal immigrants are too wary of going to get checked as they fear getting deported. Add in the fact a lot of American companies do not offer paid sick leave forcing some folk to carry on working when they should be at home, What a shit show

If that's all correct then the US stats for this are going to go through the roof in the not too distant future.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If that's all correct then the US stats for this are going to go through the roof in the not too distant future.

Is this the same Donald Trump who will destroy any Presidential competition that's put in front of him in November ?

Gotta love this thread . All the anti Trump guff on here and yet he is loved by a lot of Americans where it really matters. Watch him embarrass the Democrats when the time comes. Bit like what Boris did to Corbyn.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is this the same Donald Trump who will destroy any Presidential competition that's put in front of him in November ?

Gotta love this thread . All the anti Trump guff on here and yet he is loved by a lot of Americans where it really matters. Watch him embarrass the Democrats when the time comes. Bit like what Boris did to Corbyn.

If ever I did see a gentleman cross the street and admonish you for having shit-for-brains, I should intervene and protest in an earnest and encouragable manner.

I would declare prominently and righteously that this man does not have shit-for-brains, he has nothing, nothing at all.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

How anyone can have a remotely positive view of trump is beyond me - especially over here. Didnt surprise me one bit when I realised who posted this.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Working life in America sounds great fun! About 10 days paid leave, no sick pay, no public health care, fvck all maternity/paternity leave... All in the richest country in the world!

We don't realise how lucky we have it over here.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If ever I did see a gentleman cross the street and admonish you for having shit-for-brains, I should intervene and protest in an earnest and encouragable manner.

I would declare prominently and righteously that this man does not have shit-for-brains, he has nothing, nothing at all.

Lets be honest you wouldn't have the balls to do it yourself.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
How anyone can have a remotely positive view of trump is beyond me - especially over here. Didnt surprise me one bit when I realised who posted this.

How?

"He hates the same people I hate. Shut up and hand me the goddamn ballot" is how.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Never listen to people from Brighton about politics. Lost in the referendum. Destroyed at the ballot box recently. Then there's Trump brushing aside any threat with ease. I just sit back read all the bollox written about them and laugh when Trump and Boris strengthen their hand further.
:lolol:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Working life in America sounds great fun! About 10 days paid leave, no sick pay, no public health care, fvck all maternity/paternity leave... All in the richest country in the world!

Not to worry. Having gleefully embraced our system of financing post-secondary education, I expect you'll move on to embracing our health-care delivery system.
Oh and good work so far on embracing our unaccountable, executive-heavy constitutional theory. Keep it up!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

It's all spot on. I live in Charlotte, NC. Population of just over 1 million people. We have been provided 3 corona tests. Once we get through those 3, we get another 3. It is going to be an utter disaster over here.

My job has 5 weeks paid leave and good insurance. Only FIVE weeks parental leave though. That is a very good company. Most are far, far worse off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here