Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is this the penny drop moment that Trump is just completely out of control? There have been many moments, but surely now its time for moderate good people to give on Trump, he's just a wrong un...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this the penny drop moment that Trump is just completely out of control? There have been many moments, but surely now its time for moderate good people to give on Trump, he's just a wrong un...
Some recent tweets have The Donald starting to turn on Fox News. :ohmy:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some recent tweets have The Donald starting to turn on Fox News. :ohmy:

Many Republicans starting to think they'd be better off backing Nikki Haley, I don't agree with her politics but she is very good...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Many Republicans starting to think they'd be better off backing Nikki Haley, I don't agree with her politics but she is very good...
it's not just republicans who want to back Haley, woof-woof.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Won't be long before they're carting him off to the nearest Psych ward, along with Giuliani and a few others...............

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Every time something mental happens, I think people are going to realise the Emporer is naked. But nothing seems to do it. Mike Pence standing beside the president over the Ukraine calls is sad to see, he knows it's wrong. He knows damn well that he's making himself look a plonker, but he still feels the need to defend Trump. He's going to be president if impeachment and removal is successful - he should be bolder and put the knife in.

Trump can't fire him - so why not put the foot down and be more honest with the answers? He is immune to being fired in disgrace, he should put himself on the right side of history and leave McConnell well and truly on his own. The worst people imaginable are running the country there.

The plus side is that watching the C's (Colbert, Cuomo, Cooper) and Jake Tapper slaughtering Trump sympathisers on a daily/weekly basis.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The plus side is that watching the C's (Colbert, Cuomo, Cooper) and Jake Tapper slaughtering Trump sympathisers on a daily/weekly basis.

I'd add Bill Maher to that list - great combination of wit and hitting the nail right on the head

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
O no it's so boring coming up against grammar Nazi's.Usually people do that when they have weak arguments as in your case.

Yeah, OK. Whatever you say...

It's a punctuation mistake, not grammar, but :shrug:

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
He was the choice of real Americans, though. This is why it's a GOP priority to increase the number of real Americans who go to the polls, and decrease the number of Them who get to vote.

A few weeks ago I attended the Oath ceremony which was the final step in my becoming an American Citizen. It was in downtown LA and there were 3,400 odd of us attending, making it the largest swearing in ceremony that has been held. There were over 120 countries represented and it was quite the event, all of us in one hall, with about 6,000 family members sat behind us as we went through the ceremony.

They cleverly timed the day to coincide with National Voter Registration Day and had all of us fill out the forms to be legible to vote, as you can not vote as a permanent resident or as a Green Card holder. During the ceremony they dim the lights and up on the screen came Mr Trump who then gave a speech for a few minutes going over what an honor of being a citizen is etc.

The crowd, which was very heavily Hispanic/South American, gave a very audible sigh, and a round of booing and laughter when he came up on the screen ensued. The response to Trump was very interesting, as the Hispanic immigrants have been in his sights for a while, and the crowds response, in my opinion is a great barometer of gauging where these people stand on him.

The conversations I had with those around me (we were sat still for 3 hours) covered many areas, but mostly about why we were there. Of those around me, nearly everyone was becoming a citizen as they were scared of Trump and his deportation plans and mostly because they wanted to vote to make change.

If nothing else, Trumps actions and how is viewed here in the States, is making more people step up and do something about it. Without even realizing it, Trump is doing so much to rally his opposition voters just by being himself, he may ultimately be the Democrats best weapon in winning the next election.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A few weeks ago I attended the Oath ceremony which was the final step in my becoming an American Citizen. It was in downtown LA and there were 3,400 odd of us attending, making it the largest swearing in ceremony that has been held. There were over 120 countries represented and it was quite the event, all of us in one hall, with about 6,000 family members sat behind us as we went through the ceremony.

They cleverly timed the day to coincide with National Voter Registration Day and had all of us fill out the forms to be legible to vote, as you can not vote as a permanent resident or as a Green Card holder. During the ceremony they dim the lights and up on the screen came Mr Trump who then gave a speech for a few minutes going over what an honor of being a citizen is etc.

The crowd, which was very heavily Hispanic/South American, gave a very audible sigh, and a round of booing and laughter when he came up on the screen ensued. The response to Trump was very interesting, as the Hispanic immigrants have been in his sights for a while, and the crowds response, in my opinion is a great barometer of gauging where these people stand on him.

The conversations I had with those around me (we were sat still for 3 hours) covered many areas, but mostly about why we were there. Of those around me, nearly everyone was becoming a citizen as they were scared of Trump and his deportation plans and mostly because they wanted to vote to make change.

If nothing else, Trumps actions and how is viewed here in the States, is making more people step up and do something about it. Without even realizing it, Trump is doing so much to rally his opposition voters just by being himself, he may ultimately be the Democrats best weapon in winning the next election.

Congratulations! As it happens, I had my interview on Monday and I am now waiting to hear when my ceremony is.

It is interesting what you say about people becoming citizens because they were scared about potential Trump deportation plans. I have been eligible to apply for citizenship for five years; there are a number of reasons why I decided to initiate the process this year but the potential future actions of this administration in regards to immigration were certainly part of that reasoning. If a middle-aged, white professional from England (who has legally resided in the States for 17 years) is thinking those thoughts, I think it tells you everything you need to know.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Congratulations! I've still got a ways to go for citizenship, in the process of getting my green card at the moment. Like you say, being at the Oath ceremony would be a useful barometer of the opinions of a very large cross section of American citizens to be.

Interesting what AZ Gull said about being eligible to apply for citizenship for 5 years - I know a few friends and work colleagues in a similar situation who had held back for a variety of reasons and are now seriously contemplating going for citizenship. Seeing the guy in the White House becoming more and more unhinged by the day ("my great and unmatched wisdom" - talk about deluded) probably nudged them in that direction.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Just to be clear, Trump denies knowing either of Rudy's mates who just got arrested.

He didn't know this one this time

D6QeiKCWkAAyVMe.jpg

And he didn't know either of them this time.

191010154229-trump-giuliani-associates-file-exlarge-169.jpg

Pumpkin Jr didn't know them this time either.

27888b17-2ac8-470a-b7e4-cda705e6a1c4-lev_parnas_and_igor_fruman.JPG

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Congratulations! As it happens, I had my interview on Monday and I am now waiting to hear when my ceremony is.

It is interesting what you say about people becoming citizens because they were scared about potential Trump deportation plans. I have been eligible to apply for citizenship for five years; there are a number of reasons why I decided to initiate the process this year but the potential future actions of this administration in regards to immigration were certainly part of that reasoning. If a middle-aged, white professional from England (who has legally resided in the States for 17 years) is thinking those thoughts, I think it tells you everything you need to know.

Thank you Sir. I hope your questions were some of the easier ones from the 100 possible.

I had to hand my Green Cards (all 3 of them from the last 15 years) back in upon getting my certificate, it will be strange traveling without the extra card now. Good luck when your time comes around, and it appears that our demographic is very similar, and yes there is an element of unease for many who are here on semi permanent / temporary visas.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Congratulations! I've still got a ways to go for citizenship, in the process of getting my green card at the moment. Like you say, being at the Oath ceremony would be a useful barometer of the opinions of a very large cross section of American citizens to be.

Interesting what AZ Gull said about being eligible to apply for citizenship for 5 years - I know a few friends and work colleagues in a similar situation who had held back for a variety of reasons and are now seriously contemplating going for citizenship. Seeing the guy in the White House becoming more and more unhinged by the day ("my great and unmatched wisdom" - talk about deluded) probably nudged them in that direction.

Thank you bud, good luck with getting your status firmed up. Still looking for a time when we can get our North American Seagulls together for a beer or two and a good chat, it will take some serious stars to line up to get yourself, AZ Gull and myself in the same place at the same time....One day.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thank you bud, good luck with getting your status firmed up. Still looking for a time when we can get our North American Seagulls together for a beer or two and a good chat, it will take some serious stars to line up to get yourself, AZ Gull and myself in the same place at the same time....One day.

It's unusual for Americans to discuss politics during business relationships but the immigration attorney our company uses for the green card process hates Trump and makes no secret of it - and he knows our MD is an out and out Republican who wore his MAGA basball cap in the office during the 2016 election!

Yeah - the logistics involved don't make a meet up easy ! - but like you say one day. There's about 6 NYC based Albion fans (including 2 American converts!) who regularly turn up to watch the Brighton games on NBC, so it's a good atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here