Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone else feel like standing up in a Trump press conference and asking ….. " This Draining The Swamp business, how's that going Mr President ?"
I think he's too busy looking at the wall he built.

Oh... [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In truth, with Obama stepping back in to get involved in the mid-terms and showing the country and the world what a real president looks like and sounds like - Trump's days are limited. He won't win a second term because he won't be the candidate in 2020. The Democrats will win back the house and then who knows what comes next. The big question is whether a Pence Presidency would be better or not. More stable, for sure, but there could be some damage done during a half term.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In truth, with Obama stepping back in to get involved in the mid-terms and showing the country and the world what a real president looks like and sounds like - Trump's days are limited. He won't win a second term because he won't be the candidate in 2020. The Democrats will win back the house and then who knows what comes next. The big question is whether a Pence Presidency would be better or not. More stable, for sure, but there could be some damage done during a half term.

Pence as President would be considerably worse for the US and the planet as a whole, than another term of Wotsit Dong-ald..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Pence as President would be considerably worse for the US and the planet as a whole, than another term of Wotsit Dong-ald..

I think Pence with the backing of a Republican controlled House and Senate would be a danger, even just for 2 years (although, really only one because he'd have to campaign almost immediately). But I don't believe they will retain control after this round of mid-terms which will open the door for the Democrats. I think Obama will get the numbers and types of voters they need in the States they need them. They will mobilise their people by using their primary asset and he's so potent, they won't fail. Also, their candidates this team aren't as unpopular as Hilary Clinton was and is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Pence with the backing of a Republican controlled House and Senate would be a danger, even just for 2 years (although, really only one because he'd have to campaign almost immediately). But I don't believe they will retain control after this round of mid-terms which will open the door for the Democrats. I think Obama will get the numbers and types of voters they need in the States they need them. They will mobilise their people by using their primary asset and he's so potent, they won't fail. Also, their candidates this team aren't as unpopular as Hilary Clinton was and is.

No Pence alone would be a danger, to the planet.

Donny's crazies comes from within.
Pence's crazies comes from the fact that his 'God told him to do it'.

If you think rich, white, heterosexual, Protestant men, are currently blessed, believe me that's nothing compared to what it would be like with Pence as President.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There just has to be a way for me to opt out of getting a text from that bozo in the White House next Thursday!

http://https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6171399/Trump-TEXT-nearly-cell-phone-country-week.html

not happy you made me click a Daily Mail link... and as expected the actual story bears no resemlence to the title. no one is going to get a message from Trump, they'll get a text from FEMA with the word "Presidential" in it. No, noone can opt out because it part of the regulations imposed on telecoms.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
not happy you made me click a Daily Mail link... and as expected the actual story bears no resemlence to the title. no one is going to get a message from Trump, they'll get a text from FEMA with the word "Presidential" in it. No, noone can opt out because it part of the regulations imposed on telecoms.

You need to lighten up my friend - it's called humour

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What Pence left Indiana with before becoming Vice President.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-pence-family-gas-stations-indiana-20180713-story.html

Just outside the Pences' hometown, the state installed elaborate water-filtration systems decades ago at several homes and businesses that are closest to the service station above the chemical plume.

Mike Musillami, owner of a drive-in restaurant, said he's fortunate to have the equipment, which is maintained by state officials. But many of his customers aren't as lucky, he said. They rely on bottled water or paper cartridge filters or simply take the risk of drinking from the tap without an elaborate filtration system.

"Long term, this cannot be good for them," he said. "These are people who are our daily customers. We want them around a long time."

Something about living in Mike Pence's hometown doesn't appeal to me much.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mike Pence’s Response to H.I.V. Outbreak: Prayer, Then a Change of Heart

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/us/politics/mike-pence-needle-exchanges-indiana.html

But Indiana law made it illegal to possess a syringe without a prescription. And Mr. Pence, a steadfast conservative, was morally opposed to needle exchanges on the grounds that they supported drug abuse...

...On March 23, more than two months after the outbreak was detected, Mr. Pence said he was going to go home and pray on it. He spoke to the sheriff the next night.

Two days later, he issued an executive order allowing syringes to be distributed in Scott County.

Mike Pence says making abortion illegal saves lives. History proves the opposite.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...illegal-saves-lives-history-proves-ncna853031

Speaking at an event hosted by an anti-abortion group in Nashville on Feb. 27, Vice President Mike Pence delivered a speech highlighting the numerous anti-choice initiatives the Trump administration has launched and suggesting (hoping?) that legal abortion will end “in our time.”

“I truly do believe, if all of us do all that we can, that we will once again, in our time, restore the sanctity of life to the center of American law,” Pence said. “I just know in my heart of hearts that this will be the generation that restores life in America.”

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry this is in no way Trumpian, but as attack ads go this is MUST WATCH tv, enjoy:-

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Everything on hold until Thursday.

Many news channels here are leaning towards it being a set up. The Donald is pissed off and angry, will he take the bait?

His gut reaction will be to retaliate with a huge public scalping of RR, walking away feeling proud and pompous...but walking into a trap. By firing his ADA, he could be walking in to the start of his final undoing.

This is from one of the heavier right wing camps:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-dont-fall-for-the-new-york-times-rosenstein-trap/

The leak sets a dangerous trap for Trump. He is bound to be infuriated and might be tempted to fire RR before the Senate votes on Kavanaugh for Supreme Court justice and before the American people vote in November. Walking into that trap would be political malpractice, when your enemies give you political advice, it's worth asking questions like that.

This next week, in my opinion will be the defining period for the Donald's term, Mueller has just laid down a full house of Aces backed with Kings, the Donald is going to need Bloom sized Cahones or an Oscar worthy performance King high to escape this hand.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here