Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump's majority now on a knife edge, gonna get harder for him to get things done. Then there's the mid term elections.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know it's just an exit poll, but still kind of tough to call it wrong with numbers like that.

View attachment 91945

To confirm, tribalism has gotten us to the point where people will vote (in big numbers) for a SUSPECTED PAEDOPHILE BECAUSE HE IS WEARING THE RIGHT COLOUR TIE.

That's where we're at, everyone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To confirm, tribalism has gotten us to the point where people will vote (in big numbers) for a SUSPECTED PAEDOPHILE BECAUSE HE IS WEARING THE RIGHT COLOUR TIE.

Yes. There is now pretty much no form of bad or criminal behaviour which cannot be overlooked if there is enough Fake News and Whataboutism injected into the reality.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He'll be annoyed fellow sex pest Roy Moore lost that hot bed of liberal pinkos Alabama.

This interview is hilarious.

[tweet]940704581742419969[/tweet]
[emoji38]

As Rowan Atkinson put it in Blackadder II "the eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed".

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Did anyone else notice Trump's announcement of a new Moon mission? Just more deflection? It didn't make quite the same impact as Kennedy's speech, way back when.

During a signing ceremony, Mr Trump said: "We are the leader and we're going to stay the leader, and we're going to increase it many fold." Anyone understand the final part of that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42322236

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm reminded of an Alan B'stard quote, from The New Statesman, when talking to his Tory fallguy and elected representative from Henley (?)

'Henley, Henley, stick a blue rosette of a hatstand and they'll vote it into parliament'.

I'll hazard a guess anybody, literally anybody (white), would get a decent turn out from Alabama if they were Republican, stood in front of the flag and went to church.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Moore.jpg

Unusual for the New York tabloids to publish a cover like that - guess they didn't like him

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't really know anything about either of these candidates other than what I have read about him being a pedo.

Can someone explain to me how a Paedophile is allowed to run? How is he not in jail? I am so confused as to how this has even taken place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't really know anything about either of these candidates other than what I have read about him being a pedo.

Can someone explain to me how a Paedophile is allowed to run? How is he not in jail? I am so confused as to how this has even taken place.

Because Roy Moore has/had a liking for younger girls when he was in his 30's, dating, spending time with, and inappropriate touching them, he seemed to lose interest when they went off to college.
I'm sure there's plenty more, which others are probably currently writing.

His candidacy seems to stem from 'the swamp'.
It's fake news/Washington telling the good people of Alabama what they can and can't do, who they can or can't elect to represent them.
That's a pretty strong message to send out to the voting Republican's, and as said earlier, under these circumstances they would vote for anybody.

The difference between Moore and Trump, is that everybody else voted as well, which is why one got elected and the other didn't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The difference between Moore and Trump, is that everybody else voted as well, which is why one got elected and the other didn't.

Also perhaps Moore wasn't against up against one of the worst candidates in history.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Also perhaps Moore wasn't against up against one of the worst candidates in history.

That is the 64000 dollar question isn't it: who will the Democrats choose in 2020. There's no obvious stand-out candidate but whoever emerges they must do two things: Firstly, as Joan C Williams says they must appeal to white "working class" voters which Bill did but Hilary Clinton couldn't. And whoever they choose, unlike 2016, the whole party must unite and get behind the candidate. If they don't, Trump might win again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is the 64000 dollar question isn't it: who will the Democrats choose in 2020. There's no obvious stand-out candidate but whoever emerges they must do two things: Firstly, as Joan C Williams says they must appeal to white "working class" voters which Bill did but Hilary Clinton couldn't. And whoever they choose, unlike 2016, the whole party must unite and get behind the candidate. If they don't, Trump might win again.
Chelsea Clinton?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Hasn't Joe Biden intimated that he would stand?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The others I'm reading about with the most buzz are Elizabeth Warren and Deval Patrick.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Elizabeth Warren? Though she needs to answer the whole "Native American while at Harvard" thing better...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

True they were the only possible candidates the other could have lost too. :lol:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Because Roy Moore has/had a liking for younger girls when he was in his 30's, dating, spending time with, and inappropriate touching them, he seemed to lose interest when they went off to college.
I'm sure there's plenty more, which others are probably currently writing.

His candidacy seems to stem from 'the swamp'.
It's fake news/Washington telling the good people of Alabama what they can and can't do, who they can or can't elect to represent them.
That's a pretty strong message to send out to the voting Republican's, and as said earlier, under these circumstances they would vote for anybody.

That doesn't answer my question. If he is a pedophile, how is he not in jail?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That doesn't answer my question. If he is a pedophile, how is he not in jail?

I don't know the age of consent in Alabama or the age of his accusers at the time of their acquaintances.
Google is your friend, my friend.

Perhaps you already know the answer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here