Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's talking to people with nuclear weapons and rather than trying to piss them all off create some kind of dialogue rather than sabre rattling.

"They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

Kim tweeted "The United States should know that the button for nuclear weapons is on my table."

To which Trump immediately snapped back that the button on his desk is even bigger. "My Button works".

I wonder what your definition of sabre rattling is?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What would you say have been his most successful legislation thus far?

Sadly what he is actually doing politically is largely drowned out by his buffoonery.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I really don't care about the buffoonery. It's entertaining.

Pulling US military out of the way so SK and NK can work on de-escalating problems in that area is a good bit of diplomacy.

His tax cuts were a good thing imo. Quoting the Atlantic:

Since Trump signed the law, multiple large companies have announced raises for employees, many of them citing the new tax plan as an incentive.

The amount of illegals entering the US has dropped. Something which was one of his election promises.

As all the Russian crap peddled by Democrats has come to zip his de-escalating tensions with Russia is a big positive.

A recent Rasmussem poll provided this insight into the views of regular Americans:

black voters are nearly twice as likely (28%) to say young black Americans are better off now (under Trump)than they were in the closing year of Obama’s presidency (15%).

Confidence in the job market is at an all time high.

The number of Americans who know someone who is looking for work or has given up the search has hit its lowest level yet, while confidence in the job market remains near record highs.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 46% of American Adults know someone who is out of work and looking for a job, down from the previous low of 53% in November and the lowest in regular surveying since early 2010. This number peaked at 82% in December 2011. Another 47% now say they do not know anyone out of work and looking for a job, up seven points from November’s previous high.

Trumps popularity isn't dropping, it's rising and I think that's because the people who voted him in for change feel like things are actually better for them.

They don't care what some haters on English Football boards think about him, they are only concerned about their communities and how his decisions impact them. That's why he got voted in and why people aren't deserting him en masse because of that buffoonery.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
"They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

Kim tweeted "The United States should know that the button for nuclear weapons is on my table."

To which Trump immediately snapped back that the button on his desk is even bigger. "My Button works".

I wonder what your definition of sabre rattling is?

He called Kim's bluff and now look at where the situation is. In a promising place for all involved.

He's done what previous administrations didn't want to or couldn't.

Are you saying that's a bad thing? Want it to go back to how it was?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He called Kim's bluff and now look at where the situation is. In a promising place for all involved.

So, Trump called Kim's bluff by saying Kim's button doesn't work.........but has then met Kim to apparently help prevent him pressing his button......which he said doesn't work.

Got it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He's done what previous administrations didn't want to or couldn't.

Are you saying that's a bad thing? Want it to go back to how it was?

So he called Kim's bluff by not pissing him off or sabre rattling then, or the opposite, which is it you think it was?

Your original quote:

He's talking to people with nuclear weapons and rather than trying to piss them all off create some kind of dialogue rather than sabre rattling.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Turning the image of America from The Land of the Free into The Land of the Cruel.

Vladimir will be pleased - it looks like Trump's next performance review will go well.

An image America doesn't always live up to.

Ann Frank's family applied for a visa before going into hiding. They were refused by the Yanks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well he's not splitting them up any more is he.

I'm OK with politicians being open to having their minds changed over bad ideas simply due to the fact they aren't at the behest of party shills or big business having them in their pocket.

Are you OK with that?

Do you not think he might have thought it through in the first place?
Common sense ..ok with that?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I really don't care about the buffoonery. It's entertaining.

Pulling US military out of the way so SK and NK can work on de-escalating problems in that area is a good bit of diplomacy.

His tax cuts were a good thing imo. Quoting the Atlantic:

The amount of illegals entering the US has dropped. Something which was one of his election promises.

As all the Russian crap peddled by Democrats has come to zip his de-escalating tensions with Russia is a big positive.

A recent Rasmussem poll provided this insight into the views of regular Americans:

Confidence in the job market is at an all time high.

Trumps popularity isn't dropping, it's rising and I think that's because the people who voted him in for change feel like things are actually better for them.

They don't care what some haters on English Football boards think about him, they are only concerned about their communities and how his decisions impact them. That's why he got voted in and why people aren't deserting him en masse because of that buffoonery.

Do you think he might have let SK know in the first place?

This bit about denuclearisation..I’ve heard enough to suggest it’s just a play on words

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its been a bad week for the Donald

Capture.JPG

From Farage on the Murdoch TV, "Trump has got to stay tough on this and ignore the screams from the Liberal Media"...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So, Trump called Kim's bluff by saying Kim's button doesn't work.........but has then met Kim to apparently help prevent him pressing his button......which he said doesn't work.

Got it.

He met NK to work out how to get them to stop their nuclear program. What other Western World leader has achieved that?

This is potentially good for the world.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Do you think he might have let SK know in the first place?

This bit about denuclearisation..I’ve heard enough to suggest it’s just a play on words

You mean the SK that's been involved in the process all along? The SK that wanted him part of the process?

Yeah I think they know what was going on. SK involvement was well publicised, or did you miss that bit?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You mean the SK that's been involved in the process all along? The SK that wanted him part of the process?

Yeah I think they know what was going on. SK involvement was well publicised, or did you miss that bit?

You obviously missed the bit that I was referring too..it’s been well publicised SK didn’t know if the American plan to cancel various exercises etc

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Have you ever actually listened to yourself?

I've literally posted a video on here by Jimmy Dore a well known US Liberal and Bernie supporter who has called out all these idiots saying talking to Putin and Kim Jong is a bad thing. It's like they actually want him to piss them off so there is more tension and more chance of conflict.

It's hilarious that people who claim to be the peaceniks are shouting down a President who isn't trying to start a cold war with one of the deadliest foes on the planet in Russia.

I hope he does keep an open and friendly dialogue with Russia and NK. Means less chance of anything catastrophic happening.

I have no problem with keeping dialogue open with people - in fact quite the opposite.

Bùt at the same time he is praising some not very nice people - and you can keep the door open without such foursome praise - he is alienating those who are his and his nation's friends.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
He met NK to work out how to get them to stop their nuclear program. What other Western World leader has achieved that?

Are you serious? ? ? Any president in the last 15 years could have done this. They didn't for a reason. You get some commitments in writing (something measurable) before you grant them a face-to-face meeting with the head of state. NK has played Trump like the beginner he is. He is so shallow, all he cares about is getting a Nobel to match Obama. And he gave them even more than they asked for. It's craziness. The big hope for peace in Korea is China.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted

This is potentially good for the world.

They have committed to ‘Work towards...disarmament’, which is about vague as you get, especially coming from two leaders with a track record of brazen lying and backtracking.
Previous western leaders have achieved the same limp promises, so Trump has achieved nothing new, unless you count providing positive PR for a murderous regime.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1010061206202306560[/tweet]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here