Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Most odd, the bloke was a shocking actor, he had actor written right across his face.
Had i just lost my daughter I wouldn't be able to contain myself never mind raise a smile of any sort..

It does look odd but then grief can show itself in many different ways. Emotions are complicated things and some people show them in odd ways. Living with someone on the Autism spectrum has taught me that extreme emotions, nerves and stress can cause weird and usual responses and behaviours.

Just because we have set expectations on the way people should behave, it doesn't mean that they always live up to them.

I can well imagine myself looking like an actor in that situation. With all those emotions going on I can easily imagine that playing a part would be the best way to get through it. If i were to show my true self and true feelings i would be nothing but an angry, crying mess.... and that would be no good to anyone.

Jury is out for me.

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Go and do the same to a police officer and you'll almost certainly be arrested and charged,

Form a shield wall and refuse to break ranks for protection and to keep the wall in tact? I would imagine that would be quite a site to witness and will probably end in arrests yes. What happened to that lady wasn't assault. She played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Most odd, the bloke was a shocking actor, he had actor written right across his face.
Had i just lost my daughter I wouldn't be able to contain myself never mind raise a smile of any sort..

I would suggest that anyone who wants to make judgement on how others should react when grieving would be better spending their time reading this book than opining about conspiracy theories on the internet.

scan10001-small.jpg

Emotion is a purely subjective thing and nobody acts the exact way that convention suggests they should. A public face is no indication of the amount of pain someone may be in. You are right that the loss of a child would devastate any parent. The trolling and conspiracy theories since this tragic event have just added pain upon pain for these innocent families: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ool-hoax-massacre-conspiracists-victim-father

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I would suggest that anyone who wants to make judgement on how others should react when grieving would be better spending their time reading this book than opining about conspiracy theories on the internet.

View attachment 89548

Emotion is a purely subjective thing and nobody acts the exact way that convention suggests they should. A public face is no indication of the amount of pain someone may be in. You are right that the loss of a child would devastate any parent. The trolling and conspiracy theories since this tragic event have just added pain upon pain for these innocent families: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ool-hoax-massacre-conspiracists-victim-father

That is an interesting article. I thought his point about what the internet has bought us was in interesting one. What should be a mass of information and understanding is becoming more and more an echo chamber for peoples prejudice and misunderstanding. Human nature will cherry pick information to support our biases while ignoring what challenges us. "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story and all that".

I think that it is vital to be teaching media literacy in schools so we can become more savvy with the information we access and start to fill in the gaps of our understanding of human nature and behaviour. I have always found conspiracy theories interesting but that article made me consider them as a symptom of something concerning.

When i can find a little time it would be interesting to find a psychological study of people's behaviour when grieving and how this can present when speaking publically. I have noted with interest that their are several strategies for delivering a eulogy when grief stricken so we clearly have some understanding of this phenomenon. To me the fact that this information was not sourced and shared with the video of the Sandy Hook father acting 'oddly' is a decent example of said cherry picking and missing media literacy.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
It does look odd but then grief can show itself in many different ways. Emotions are complicated things and some people show them in odd ways. Living with someone on the Autism spectrum has taught me that extreme emotions, nerves and stress can cause weird and usual responses and behaviours.

Just because we have set expectations on the way people should behave, it doesn't mean that they always live up to them.

I can well imagine myself looking like an actor in that situation. With all those emotions going on I can easily imagine that playing a part would be the best way to get through it. If i were to show my true self and true feelings i would be nothing but an angry, crying mess.... and that would be no good to anyone.

Jury is out for me.
He was not the only parent to be seen acting proper odd that day either.. The very reason i suspect him to be a fraud was for all the other weird happenings seen to be taking place concerning the Sandy Hook case, I cant be bothered to go in to the fine details of the case but look up Wolfgang Halbig if you are like me curious to find answers, This man is on a mission and has put his neck on the line to expose the blatant hoax it is, he's had to endure countless death threats . October of this year is when he is due to face the Jury of which he sounds extremely confident of winning. Weather you believe the whole thing to be a hoax or not...this sure makes way for some interesting times ahead.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He was not the only parent to be seen acting proper odd that day either.. The very reason i suspect him to be a fraud was for all the other weird happenings seen to be taking place concerning the Sandy Hook case, I cant be bothered to go in to the fine details of the case but look up Wolfgang Halbig if you are like me curious to find answers, This man is on a mission and has put his neck on the line to expose the blatant hoax it is, he's had to endure countless death threats . October of this year is when he is due to face the Jury of which he sounds extremely confident of winning. Weather you believe the whole thing to be a hoax or not...this sure makes way for some interesting times ahead.

People acting weirdly is hardly a surprise.

I googled him, how deep to I have to go to find someone saying that his evidence is credible?

http://www.crisisactorsguild.com/20...g-more-of-wolfgang-halbigs-absolute-nonsense/

First page of google seems to be full of people saying he is talking shit.

To be honest I looked at some of the 'evidence' presented when the story broke and say nothing that compelled me to dig any deeper.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
People acting weirdly is hardly a surprise.

I googled him, how deep to I have to go to find someone saying that his evidence is credible?

http://www.crisisactorsguild.com/20...g-more-of-wolfgang-halbigs-absolute-nonsense/

First page of google seems to be full of people saying he is talking shit.

To be honest I looked at some of the 'evidence' presented when the story broke and say nothing that compelled me to dig any deeper.

I don't know why you bother to engage civilly with these *****.

It's truly mind boggling how some people can try and spin something so tragic to fit in with their idiotic conspiracy theories.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So you're saying his daughter may not have been killed?

A bit late to go into it but most conspiracy theories include mass killing of ones own people like with 9/11 or Pearl Harbour and even 7/7 which I don't buy into. Sandy Hook on the other hand was at at time when Obama was trying to bring in new gun laws. The Sandy Hook theory would be that no one died which is more palatable than the aforementioned. It's the Robbie Parker clip that doesn't sit true with me and he may not have even had a daughter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Sandy Hook theory would be that no one died which is more palatable than the aforementioned. It's the Robbie Parker clip that doesn't sit true with me and he may not have even had a daughter.
But is there credible evidence that is the case? The US don't need to make up gun crime to help bring in gun laws, there's plenty of gun crime already.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't know why you bother to engage civilly with these *****.

It's truly mind boggling how some people can try and spin something so tragic to fit in with their idiotic conspiracy theories.

Because this stuff is being given legitimacy from, amongst others, one of the most powerful people in the world. It needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
But is there credible evidence that is the case? The US don't need to make up gun crime to help bring in gun laws, there's plenty of gun crime already.

I haven't played detective, it was quite a while ago and if I really wanted to chase it up I would have to to go to the US and find out more about the area. It wasn't a normal gun crime, it was a massacre of school children at a time when Obama was pushing for new gun laws. If you want to research it further you don't need my influence because this is just about whether Robbie Parker was looking like he was acting or not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It wasn't a normal gun crime, it was a massacre of school children at a time when Obama was pushing for new gun laws.
How the hell could they fake that? The people in the area (particularly those that attended the school) will all be mourning the loss of the children for a very long time - or they'll all be going round asking who the hell these made up people were.

If you want to research it further you don't need my influence because this is just about whether Robbie Parker was looking like he was acting or not.
I'm not going to waste my time researching it because it seems like a conspiracy that's beyond ridiculous.

So onto Mr Parker - I have no reason to doubt that he lost a daughter, so I'll assume he's just in shock and nervous etc. Without any other evidence to suggest he's lying (and we don't have any other evidence) to suggest that he's not acting the way you think someone should sounds ridiculous to me. Everyone would act differently in such a situation and none of us know how we'd react, let alone how a stranger should. I've seen someone not even be able to speak just because they were live on tv. I'm sure many people would act strangely in a similar situation.

Without having really good evidence that the whole thing was faked, I find it really sad that people question the way a grieving parent is reacting.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Because this stuff is being given legitimacy from, amongst others, one of the most powerful people in the world. It needs to be addressed.

Fair play to you. Makes my blood boil when I read that shit.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
How the hell could they fake that? The people in the area (particularly those that attended the school) will all be mourning the loss of the children for a very long time - or they'll all be going round asking who the hell these made up people were.

I'm not going to waste my time researching it because it seems like a conspiracy that's beyond ridiculous.

So onto Mr Parker - I have no reason to doubt that he lost a daughter, so I'll assume he's just in shock and nervous etc. Without any other evidence to suggest he's lying (and we don't have any other evidence) to suggest that he's not acting the way you think someone should sounds ridiculous to me. Everyone would act differently in such a situation and none of us know how we'd react, let alone how a stranger should. I've seen someone not even be able to speak just because they were live on tv. I'm sure many people would act strangely in a similar situation.

Without having really good evidence that the whole thing was faked, I find it really sad that people question the way a grieving parent is reacting.

It's more than sad, it's ****ing disgusting. Your children get murdered, and then, you get hounded by conspiracy nut jobs saying you didn't!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]910141708343668736[/tweet]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Well **** off and don't ask me about it then. You could have said all this without even asking me a question you nob.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well **** off and don't ask me about it then. You could have said all this without even asking me a question you nob.
Charming. I asked you because you were suggesting that the murdered girl hadn't been murdered and that her grieving father was faking it. Now that's pretty sick, but before saying so I thought I'd give you the chance to back up your allegations. You've failed to back them up and simply said I should research it. Well I've looked at a couple of links posted here, applied some common sense (of which you appear to have none) and seen that there's no reason to doubt that the murders took place or doubt that the man was grieving. Without any evidence at all that it was faked, there's no reason for me to research further.

There seems to be something wrong with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here