Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So how come more people voted Labour in 2017 than 2015 then?

And that was before people really got to see what a farce this Government is. The timing of that election makes more and more sense as the days roll by. I shudder to think what would have happened if we'd given this shower a 100 seat majority. We'd be completely ****ed.

Because Corbyn promised the YOOF lots of free stuff..

..but negated to tell them they'll be paying it all back with interest when they're 35-45 after he's long gone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This morning I listened to Richard Herring interviewing Ed Milliband.
Not a fella I have much time for, but he was quite interesting as he finished off lamenting his election defeat.

His basic regret seemed to be he was deemed to be the break from Blair but he didn't go far enough.
At the time he (they) thought he was being alternative enough but hindsight suggests he didn't even scratch the surface.
Not actually being himself and not introducing 'big ideas' like on penal reform etc played right into Camerons hands.

Oh that and had Labour won in 2015 they'd be no Brexit now, plus he couldn't cope with PMQ's, properly couldn't cope with it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The re-Tweet rumpus rumbles on, it seems almost unprecedented to have this public spat between two western leaders....... just heard a very feisty " interview " with a chap called Sebastian Gorka who used to be one of Trumps advisors and it all went very tits up, the chap seems rather polarised to say the least and the interview was abruptly cancelled !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Following his attack on Theresa May, bookies offer odds on what it would take for Donald Trump's invitation to the UK to be withdrawn.

DP5p_yFXUAAIF4w.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The re-Tweet rumpus rumbles on, it seems almost unprecedented to have this public spat between two western leaders....... just heard a very feisty " interview " with a chap called Sebastian Gorka who used to be one of Trumps advisors and it all went very tits up, the chap seems rather polarised to say the least and the interview was abruptly cancelled !

The guy was a complete nob and didn't answer any questions and used diversionary tactics to avoid the issue. Probably right they had him on to show what a dick he was but interview should have been cut short a lot sooner once it was clear he wasn't going to discuss the issue.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The guy was a complete nob and didn't answer any questions and used diversionary tactics to avoid the issue. Probably right they had him on to show what a dick he was but interview should have been cut short a lot sooner once it was clear he wasn't going to discuss the issue.

That's a fair assessment, he certainly had an agenda which Tony Livesey couldn't deflect him from spouting.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
just heard a very feisty " interview " with a chap called Sebastian Gorka who used to be one of Trumps advisors

He was sacked for being too much of a nutter - which takes some doing in Trump's administration. That tells you all you need to know about him

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

And that was before people really got to see what a farce this Government is. The timing of that election makes more and more sense as the days roll by. I shudder to think what would have happened if we'd given this shower a 100 seat majority. We'd be completely ****ed.

Labour lost the last election, the last time I looked. And it should have been obvious to anyone long before it that May is useless. Yes, labour picked up seats, but they still lost. More people is not the same as enough people.

I see momentum are busy deselecting sitting labour councellors in London (tonight's Standard).

It's 'no compromise with the electorate' time again, sadly. Those of us who remember the early 80s know where that leads . . . .if Boris takes over the tories he may win the next election, despite being a liar and a buffoon. What dos that say about labour?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Labour lost the last election, the last time I looked. And it should have been obvious to anyone long before it that May is useless. Yes, labour picked up seats, but they still lost. More people is not the same as enough people.

I see momentum are busy deselecting sitting labour councellors in London (tonight's Standard).

It's 'no compromise with the electorate' time again, sadly. Those of us who remember the early 80s know where that leads . . . .if Boris takes over the tories he may win the next election, despite being a liar and a buffoon. What dos that say about labour?
You said there's all these people not voting Corbyn, yet they got far more votes than 2015. That's the point I was addressing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You said there's all these people not voting Corbyn, yet they got far more votes than 2015. That's the point I was addressing

If they were anything like a proper opposition party,they would have won.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If they were anything like a proper opposition party,they would have won.
Hindsight. Before the campaign most observers thought they'd do very well if the Tories had a majority of 50.

A more centrist candidate went into an election with a poll lead in 2015 and lost.

So it seems to be the opposite of what was being said above. He actually managed to get people previously uninclined to vote Labour to vote Labour.

It seems a very bizarre point to make about a politician who increased his party's vote dramatically.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hindsight. Before the campaign most observers thought they'd do very well if the Tories had a majority of 50.

A more centrist candidate went into an election with a poll lead in 2015 and lost.

This is like saying you expected your team to get thrashed 8-0 but in the end it was only 5-0, look how well we did. :lolol:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This is like saying you expected your team to get thrashed 8-0 but in the end it was only 5-0, look how well we did. [emoji38]ol:
Which is less stupid than saying a party leader who increased his party's vote share dramatically is putting people off voting for the party.

And to make your analogy accurate if you look at the odds 6 weeks before the election it was akin to Barnet losing a cup tie to Arsenal on penalties. In that scenario Barnet's manager would have praise heaped on him.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Because Corbyn promised the YOOF lots of free stuff..

..but negated to tell them they'll be paying it all back with interest when they're 35-45 after he's long gone.

Well, if they're all millionaires by then I don't think they'd mind paying back.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Agreed. Corbyn caught the zeitgeist offering something different, the huge push to capture the youth vote worked brilliantly (Canterbury for example), an appallingly lacklustre and negative campaign by the Tories with a manifesto so dull that it was never going to win anyone over and Natalie Bennett's disastrous performances in front of camera no doubt pushed many otherwise Green Party voters into the Labour Party.

Regards Trump...he has to go. He is doing his country's reputation irreparable damage. He's not fit for office, he's clearly got no understanding of the responsibilities that go with the job, he's using it to fight petty feuds and I think his now openly expressed hatred of Muslims is making the world a very dangerous place.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Which is less stupid than saying a party leader who increased his party's vote share dramatically is putting people off voting for the party.

And to make your analogy accurate if you look at the odds 6 weeks before the election it was akin to Barnet losing a cup tie to Arsenal on penalties. In that scenario Barnet's manager would have praise heaped on him.

It was nowhere near as close as penalties , seriously.

Look, disliking the Tories (or this particular government ) is one thing, but seriously thinking that Jeremy Corbyn as the British PM with Dianne Abbot as Home secretary is a better alternative?

Scarier than Trump that thought is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here