Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I had a realisation the other day - I can't think of anyone I personally know who wouldn't do a better job at being President of the United States.

The reality of this is initially amusing but then quickly becomes utterly horrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I had a realisation the other day - I can't think of anyone I personally know who wouldn't do a better job at being President of the United States.

The reality of this is initially amusing but then quickly becomes utterly horrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The election of Trump makes the election of George Bush Jnr twice seem remarkably sensible decision. Just hope in this country we never plunge to these depths

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wonder if Americans realise that this is pretty much the same as Theresa May retweeting videos posted by the KKK?

Nicky Campbell radio phone in on now, with a line-up of Trump apologists and opponents.

The opponents are unimpressive. Yes we already know that Trump is a clown. Yes, he shouldn't tell our PM what to do. But on this occasion she started it....

The main thrust of the Trump supporters is this.

"Britain First are not terrorists like Hamas. Hamas want a genocide of Jews. Jeremy Corbyn once called Hamas his friends. Therefore Trump is good and Corbyn is bad."

There is a logic to the argument. It does require of course that you accept the first premise. Sadly Corbyn has come out with so many foolish statements over the years that a large body of decent folk who might have voted labour, exasperated as they are with the tory shambols, would never now do so.

Poor old Theresa May, though. Having criticised Trumps tweet, she now has Trump mocking her, and presumably all the Trump fans here will now turn on May (if they havn't done so already).

The only good thing about all this is that it will probably have no effect at all on the swing voter here. Those implacably wedded to the left or right will be unmoved by anything of this sort either, and will see it as nothing more than a confirmation of their position.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
"Britain First are not terrorists like Hamas. Hamas want a genocide of Jews. Jeremy Corbyn once called Hamas his friends. Therefore Trump is good and Corbyn is bad."

There is a logic to the argument. It does require of course that you accept the first premise. Sadly Corbyn has come out with so many foolish statements over the years that a large body of decent folk who might have voted labour, exasperated as they are with the tory shambols, would never now do so.

Absolute rubbish, you are NSC's version of the Daily Mail

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolute rubbish, you are NSC's version of the Daily Mail

From you, faux labour troll, I'll take that as a compliment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nicky Campbell radio phone in on now, with a line-up of Trump apologists and opponents.

The opponents are unimpressive. Yes we already know that Trump is a clown. Yes, he shouldn't tell our PM what to do. But on this occasion she started it....

The main thrust of the Trump supporters is this.

Poor old Theresa May, though. Having criticised Trumps tweet, she now has Trump mocking her, and presumably all the Trump fans here will now turn on May (if they havn't done so already).

The only good thing about all this is that it will probably have no effect at all on the swing voter here. Those implacably wedded to the left or right will be unmoved by anything of this sort either, and will see it as nothing more than a confirmation of their position.

It's just sad when politics revolves around Donald Trump's Twitter feed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's just sad when politics revolves around Donald Trump's Twitter feed.

I guess so. That said, it is quite nice to be able to see exactly what is on the POTUS mind 24/7. It think May have made a mistake to have commented. But there again, her judgment has ben shot to pieces since the day she thought it would be a great idea, as a remainer, to lead a Brexit government (if not before). What is interesting is that no mainstream politician has followed suit (bypassing the political process and the news media by posting polemic repeatedly). In some respects it is pure genius - a constant drip feed for his many avid followers, plus click bait for naive opponents (the ranks of which May has foolishly now joined).

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
I wonder if Americans realise that this is pretty much the same as Theresa May retweeting videos posted by the KKK?

Talking of KKK...

As the controversy continued to boil, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke took to Twitter to express his support for the president. "Trump retweets video of crippled white kid in Europe being beaten by migrants, and white people being thrown off a roof and then beaten to death, He's condemned for showing us what the fake news media WON'T," the former Louisiana political candidate wrote. "Thank God for Trump! That's why we love him!"

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42171550

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
Anyone else surprised he hasn't re-tweeted the video of the Ultras terrorism on Tuesday?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
What is interesting is that no mainstream politician has followed suit (bypassing the political process and the news media by posting polemic repeatedly). In some respects it is pure genius - a constant drip feed for his many avid followers, plus click bait for naive opponents (the ranks of which May has foolishly now joined).
What about this bloke: https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage

Although as he calls Noel Gallagher a legend for saying all politicians are "****ing idiots" maybe he doesn't consider himself to be one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Talking of KKK...

As the controversy continued to boil, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke took to Twitter to express his support for the president. "Trump retweets video of crippled white kid in Europe being beaten by migrants, and white people being thrown off a roof and then beaten to death, He's condemned for showing us what the fake news media WON'T," the former Louisiana political candidate wrote. "Thank God for Trump! That's why we love him!"

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42171550

The world has genuinely gone mad.... I was reading the other day that huge amounts of Americans believe that many recent shooting events have in fact been fabricated and even wounded witnesses are called out as being "actors " . Shootings such as Sandy Hook, the Orlando nightclub and even the recent Las Vega's incident are thought to have been staged as some back door attempt to introduce gun control.. real news is Fake News and Fake News is real news.....its bizarre.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Sadly Corbyn has come out with so many foolish statements over the years that a large body of decent folk who might have voted labour, exasperated as they are with the tory shambols, would never now do so.

So how come more people voted Labour in 2017 than 2015 then?

And that was before people really got to see what a farce this Government is. The timing of that election makes more and more sense as the days roll by. I shudder to think what would have happened if we'd given this shower a 100 seat majority. We'd be completely ****ed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here