Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What can a 5 time draft dodger say about someone that most Americans see as hero.

The reaction is akin to the non comment or wall of silence when a criminal knows they are going away for a very long time

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
John Brennan, former director of the CIA, called it right on twitter - just before he had his security clearance revoked - when he said of Trump:

"It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility, & probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent, & honest person. So disheartening, so dangerous for our Nation."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trumpy.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bob Woodward is Fake News.

Who knew :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Speaking with some fans of Trump last weekend, even they were disgusted by Trump’s bitchy dismissal of a dying John McCain as not a real hero.

The general consensus from everyone in the discussion was that Trump is both immature and an evil person.

The sooner he’s booted out of office the better for the world.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting new op-ed in the New York Times apparently written by a senior member of the Trump Administration. Damage limitation is the name of the game.

The author says "I am part of the resistance within the White House."
*Well oiled machine*

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Interesting new op-ed in the New York Times apparently written by a senior member of the Trump Administration. Damage limitation is the name of the game.

The author says "I am part of the resistance within the White House."

I just read the op-ed. Nothing surprising I there but it's good to know that people in the administration have got the reins on him.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Speaking with some fans of Trump last weekend, even they were disgusted by Trump’s bitchy dismissal of a dying John McCain as not a real hero.

The general consensus from everyone in the discussion was that Trump is both immature and an evil person.

The sooner he’s booted out of office the better for the world.

What is he a hero for? Contributing to killing a bunch of people in their own lands?

He wasn't a WW2 hero. He could have been dropping napalm or agent orange on innocent people and their lands given his role in Vietnam.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What is he a hero for? Contributing to killing a bunch of people in their own lands?

He wasn't a WW2 hero. He could have been dropping napalm or agent orange on innocent people and their lands given his role in Vietnam.

Disingenuous.

This is a Trump thread, who’s point was that McCain would have been a hero for the events you mention if he hadn’t been captured.

So sticking to topic, Trump has both an immature and evil personality.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Disingenuous.

This is a Trump thread, who’s point was that McCain would have been a hero for the events you mention if he hadn’t been captured.

Yes. And his real heroism was that after being captured he refused release, and stuck to the code that any captured before him had to be released before him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

bet that argument plays well with the vets, patriots and Republican core

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Disingenuous.

It's funny seeing anti-Trumpers making an issue of him having a pop at a horrid Republican war monger whose actions will have lead to the deaths of ten of thousands of more people than Trump will oversee.

Don't talk rubbish about evil when compared to someone like McCain he's a Saint.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's funny seeing anti-Trumpers making an issue of him having a pop at a horrid Republican war monger whose actions will have lead to the deaths of ten of thousands of more people than Trump will oversee.

Don't talk rubbish about evil when compared to someone like McCain he's a Saint.

I find it funny you popping up on here trying to defend Trump

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I fully agree with him over what he said about McCain.

He was right in that case.

Why would anyone defend a POS like McCain?

I don't think you do 'fully agree with him' and he definitely wasn't 'right in that case'. He said that he thought heroes are people who don't get captured, not that the Vietnam war was in any way illegitimate, or that heroes don't murder innocents.

His was a cheap jibe for personal reasons made because of his own ego, not because of any moral or ideological stance. He later apologised for the crack, probably when someone explained to him that McCain's perceived heroism happened after he was captured. McCain had the opportunity to get away from his imprisonment and torture early because his captors found that he was the son of an admiral. He refused this offer, taking the view that his family connection should not give him personal protection that was not available to his colleagues. Ironically, Trump took advantage of his own family connections to avoid conscription. He didn't disagree with the war, he just protected himself. Personally I wouldn't criticise him for that. I am sure that many of us would have done the same. I am not sure that many would have done the same as McCain. For me, regardless of who he became, (and I should mention that Trump didn't refer to the latter at all in his remarks), his sacrifice was an act of heroism. I don't think you would disagree with this, but are just trying to find a way of supporting Trump in the dispute for political reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here