Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I do believe that if you feel Trump is doing something that you also feel is correct then there is very little in his background or will do in the future that will change your mind. A politician getting things done with action that you agree with is worth more than any amount of money or embarrassment.

Trump will serve out his term and may get re-elected if he faces another opponent that he figures out how to beat.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Manafort could have gone with Trump in pursuit of a Presidents pardon, but instead he's gone with Muller

No comment from Trumpies twitter feed....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I doubt it, it's not like the previous 4's convictions was a problem for The Donald:-

[tweet]1040616079016378369[/tweet]

It is a little worse than the accusations that were levelled at Barack Obama, surely the suspicion that he was a, a Muslim and b, born outside the USA, were far worse ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I do believe that if you feel Trump is doing something that you also feel is correct then there is very little in his background or will do in the future that will change your mind. A politician getting things done with action that you agree with is worth more than any amount of money or embarrassment.

Trump will serve out his term and may get re-elected if he faces another opponent that he figures out how to beat.

I take it your a trump devotee. I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say. Gobbledegook.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone else feel like standing up in a Trump press conference and asking ….. " This Draining The Swamp business, how's that going Mr President ?"

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

There was something in what you say, but politically this is now nothing more than a numbers game. Trump's support is down to the core: 35% at best. He has no Democrats and barely any independents. He has also driven out Republicans who are either moderate, anti protectionist or moralists. The leadership of the GOP is so driven by achieving it's own agenda that it will ride his back as far as he can carry it. When this is no longer politically expedient they will each abandon his corpse and step over each other in their haste to be the first to say that they always opposed him.

The key has always been the mid-terms. If the blue wave arrives as predicted, it won't be Muller or the Democrats he will have to worry about, the Republican party will eat him alive. They won't be able to reason with him like they did with Nixon, so it could end up a GOP bloodbath. Considering their cowardice, opportunism and willingness to sell out the ideals of their party and their country for power, few would argue that they won't have deserved it.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There was something in what you say, but politically this is now nothing more than a numbers game. Trump's support is down to the core: 35% at best. He has no Democrats and barely any independents. He has also driven out Republicans who are either moderate, anti protectionist or moralists. The leadership of the GOP is so driven by achieving it's own agenda that it will ride his back as far as he can take them. When this is no longer politically expedient they will then abandon his corpse and step over each other in their haste to be the first to say that they always opposed him.

The key has always been the mid-terms. If the blue wave arrives as predicted, it won't be Muller or the Democrats he will have to worry about, the Republican party will eat him alive. They won't be able to reason with him like they did with Nixon, so it could end up a GOP bloodbath. Considering their cowardice, opportunism and willingness to sell out the ideals of their party and their country for power, few would argue that they won't have deserved it.

But at the end of the day, he is popular whatever he does. America is buzzing at the moment..trade is good...the rich are getting richer and don't have to pay for the poors' healthcare. He has tamed the North Korean nutters, he bombed Syria and is seen to be strong against the Russians, he hates the press and blames everything on fake news. And they believe him.

Outside america everyone hates him....but in parts of the us, where he has created jobs and is seen to be standing up for america, and the fact that so many people actually hated Obama , whilst the rest of the world loved him.

He has in a lot of people's eyes,made america great again!

That is the problem we all have .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Don't be so sure, I work and speak to Americans every day...it's not how we view him.

The middle of America has a view of the world that is very unique and there are a few Democrats that have had to acknowledge that some of Trump's policies have helped the US. Whether that is maintained or the good outcomes of Trump's policies are maintained will have a great effect on how Trump is perceived in the future and after the midterm elections. He will keep his core group throughout his first, maybe only, term.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
But at the end of the day, he is popular whatever he does.

He is popular whatever he does with a particular audience. That audience is getting smaller and smaller. It may not seem so because TV news keep going to Trump strongholds and asking people with MAGA hats queuing for his rallies whether they like him. Its like going to Selhurst and claiming that the people you have interviewed provide evidence that however much of a shambles Palace are, everyone in football still loves them.

The Republican Party is scared of alienating Trump voters, but their problem is that these people like Trump, not the Republican Party. There is yet to be evidence that they will be motivated to go and vote in elections where Trump is not on the ballot. I contrast, those who have been motivated into politics by opposition to Trump's policies and tone do seem to be getting people excited about voting in the midterms. The GOP are left hoping that the years they have spent on voter suppression and gerrymandering can save them from losing their grip.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
No political genius has approval ratings hovering around 40% in the midst of a thriving economy.

"There’s Never Been a President This Unpopular With an Economy This Good" == NB this is from Bloomberg News., which is difficult to write off as a reflexive liberal rag. It's the voice of Wall Street.

He is historically unpopular with everyone except his base. Everywhere else he's toxic. And he's hurting his party. (From late July, but the picture is still substantially correct.)

Only a Heath Robinson constitutional mechanism like the Electoral College could deliver the White House to him, and that kind of lightning (less than 100,000 votes, in three specific states) isn't going to strike twice. I'm not sure that even starting a war will save him at this point -- but I wouldn't put it past him to try. Not that anyone's vacationing in Venezuela these days, but I wouldn't chance it.

The "Let's terrify them with the spectre of Tyrone Biggums" vote isn't enough to save his bacon twice.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Middle America may well not get much of a say. If he gets to another election he will win - but I imagine he’ll be impeached before that.

Wow! The condemnation of the US electorate is truly overwhelming in your thought process. Are they really that poor? Why is America still #1 in so many categories in the world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here