Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Funny old game, the US were giving air cover to Iranian militia in Iraq in the fight against ISIS. Also the very thought of Iran nuking Israel and destroying their own holy place and radiating all Palestinians in the process is a bit far fetched. Hamas is the problem not Hezbollah.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Funny old game, the US were giving air cover to Iranian militia in Iraq in the fight against ISIS. Also the very thought of Iran nuking Israel and destroying their own holy place and radiating all Palestinians in the process is a bit far fetched. Hamas is the problem not Hezbollah.

No. Israel is the problem. The USA has decided to throw in its lot...again...with them. This intelligence (1/4 ton in weight) that Nethanyahu delivered to us last week literally stopped being relevant in 2003. The US had used the line that the Iranians have "abused the spirit" of the agreement by continuing to arm Islamists in Syria and running around the world inciting rows...and the US hasn't? The U.K. hasn't.

Trump won't be happy until he drives civilisation off a cliff.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No. Israel is the problem. The USA has decided to throw in its lot...again...with them. This intelligence (1/4 ton in weight) that Nethanyahu delivered to us last week literally stopped being relevant in 2003. The US had used the line that the Iranians have "abused the spirit" of the agreement by continuing to arm Islamists in Syria and running around the world inciting rows...and the US hasn't? The U.K. hasn't.

Trump won't be happy until he drives civilisation off a cliff.

Yep, at least Hezbollah is a controlled and organised army, not some mad Salifi/Wahhabi terror faction. Israel has quite often attacked Hezbollah positions in Syria but any revenge attack would result in their total obliteration, and they know it. The last thing Hezbollah want is a war with Israel because they would lose. Shia Islam understands restraint because they are less than 10% of the Muslim population who don't regard them as Muslims anyway. Terrorism affects the Shia the most.

I am sure there are loads of factors including the US policy of not wanting Iran to have direct access to the Med, and the US wants East Syria for itslelf to counter this.

The rest of the world are happy with the deal and Trump cannot put sanctions on countries who break his new sanctions which is what the threat is. It's just handbags.

larus

3 American prisoners have been released ahead of a supposed meeting between Trump and Kim. Maybe Trumps way will be more fruitful than the traditional diplomatic niceties which have been tried for years.

Be very interesting where things end up over the next 12-18 months.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
3 American prisoners have been released ahead of a supposed meeting between Trump and Kim. Maybe Trumps way will be more fruitful than the traditional diplomatic niceties which have been tried for years.

I'd suspect so as trump unlike most actually gets to the point and makes progress despite what many think.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

He's certainly assisted in the release of Kim Hak-song, Tony Kim and Kim Dong-chug. Problem for them now is how will they get through Trump's US Immigration Controls.

larus

He's certainly assisted in the release of Kim Hak-song, Tony Kim and Kim Dong-chug. Problem for them now is how will they get through Trump's US Immigration Controls.

As much as I think he comes across as an idiot, I also think people should wise up and realise that he actually tries to do what he says. Obama was a great orator, but achieved diddly-squat (IMO).

I don't know the intricacies of what Iran has been up to, but if it has been paying lip-service to the nuclear program, or the accord is essentially useless, then he's doing something about it.

I also feel that the likes of Trump. Brexit, AfD, far right in Austria, 5 Star/Northern League in Italy, Catalan, far Right in Holland, Le Pen - all of these can be linked to the disenfranchisement of huge swathes of voters as they are fed up with the lies from politicians and the Yah-Boo politics. Trump comes in and says unconventional things and it resonates with a lot of voters. I realise that the media won't portray him in a good light, but his support has not wavered much. Look at the Democratic choice - Hilary 'Bitter and Twisted' Clinton.

If he gets success with North Korea, then some people are really going to have to eat some humble pie as he will have been proved correct as his methods will have worked. And yes, it's hard to understand why this has worked - maybe he does a lot of work behind the scenes but says/tweets crap for some odd reason.

I'm no fan of his, but I can see what has led us to this position. If you can't then that's your choice.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As much as I think he comes across as an idiot, I also think people should wise up and realise that he actually tries to do what he says. Obama was a great orator, but achieved diddly-squat (IMO).

I don't know the intricacies of what Iran has been up to, but if it has been paying lip-service to the nuclear program, or the accord is essentially useless, then he's doing something about it.

I also feel that the likes of Trump. Brexit, AfD, far right in Austria, 5 Star/Northern League in Italy, Catalan, far Right in Holland, Le Pen - all of these can be linked to the disenfranchisement of huge swathes of voters as they are fed up with the lies from politicians and the Yah-Boo politics. Trump comes in and says unconventional things and it resonates with a lot of voters. I realise that the media won't portray him in a good light, but his support has not wavered much. Look at the Democratic choice - Hilary 'Bitter and Twisted' Clinton.

If he gets success with North Korea, then some people are really going to have to eat some humble pie as he will have been proved correct as his methods will have worked. And yes, it's hard to understand why this has worked - maybe he does a lot of work behind the scenes but says/tweets crap for some odd reason.

I'm no fan of his, but I can see what has led us to this position. If you can't then that's your choice.

Don't know and if stand out quite a bit to me

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I guess you’re willing to take the word of the Iranian regime then. Gotcha.

I’m willing to accept that I don’t know the reality but it appears that you’ve decided not to believe the Americans.

Of course you could jump to that conclusion...but why should i give Trump and his crowd anymore credence than the Iranians? ...so there is no 'if' in your mind after all. Gotcha

Ive heard plenty of independent people today contradict what PT has said...maybe they are telling the truth.

larus

Of course you could jump to that conclusion...but why should i give Trump and his crowd anymore credence than the Iranians? ...so there is no 'if' in your mind after all. Gotcha

Ive heard plenty of independent people today contradict what PT has said...maybe they are telling the truth.

You make it sound like Trump has created or imagined the security information put in front of him or just decided to do it “Coz he can”. He will have been briefed on this, and I would expect those people will have more inside knowledge of whats going in than some wannabe mouthing it off of a news channel.

Let’s face it - all we ever get is propoganda from all sides. We never get the real truth as we’re just irrelevant unless they want our votes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You make it sound like Trump has created or imagined the security information put in front of him or just decided to do it “Coz he can”. He will have been briefed on this, and I would expect those people will have more inside knowledge of whats going in than some wannabe mouthing it off of a news channel.

Let’s face it - all we ever get is propoganda from all sides. We never get the real truth as we’re just irrelevant unless they want our votes.

Wasnt quite some wannabe(s)....as you have assumed....and Trump doing it because he can....not beyond the bounds of possibility ....now there are those WMD'S Mr B
'Facts' can be presented and interpreted to suit agendas to my cynical mind

As regards to your last sentence i'm almost with you.

In the meantime....its zzzzzz time...Night!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's kicking off between Israel and Iran:

Israel has launched its most intensive attack on Iranian positions in neighbouring Syria since the civil war began in 2011, bringing two of the region's major powers to the brink of full-scale armed conflict.

The early morning bombardment killed 23 people, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said. It was issued in response to what the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said was the first ever direct Iranian rocket attack on their troops, in the Golan Heights.........................................":
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...olan-heights-rocket-air-strikes-a8344291.html

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump pouring more petrol on the fire in the Middle East, blood on your hands Donald.

Even in the US 63% think opening their Embassy in Jerusalem is a bad idea

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's kicking off between Israel and Iran:

Israel has launched its most intensive attack on Iranian positions in neighbouring Syria since the civil war began in 2011, bringing two of the region's major powers to the brink of full-scale armed conflict.

The early morning bombardment killed 23 people, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said. It was issued in response to what the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said was the first ever direct Iranian rocket attack on their troops, in the Golan Heights.........................................":
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...olan-heights-rocket-air-strikes-a8344291.html

Obviously Iran said "Trump that with your nukes, Mr. President!"

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No, it's on the people killing each other.

I was wrong, its only on the hands of the Palestinians and their Ambulance staff, no Israeli has been shot or injured thus far. They have breached International law again and what do they get in return, Eurovision in Jerusalem...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, it's on the people killing each other.

No, it's heavily armed Israeli soldiers killing unarmed Palestinians ( and according to the radio this morning that are purposely killing them ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here