Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Divisive politics does what it does.

My main hope for him would be to sort out the middle east. Glad to see that he is making some moves to ease the problems.

I would think 99% of Americans would quite rightly have their main hope that he will sort out America and not give a stuff about the Middle East.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I would think 99% of Americans would quite rightly have their main hope that he will sort out America and not give a stuff about the Middle East.

I will be amazed if he sorts things out for 99% of people. Although I am sure him and his cronies will be okay.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted

Both those lists are opinions of the same guy, who seems to be a republican.

The ‘good things’ list is mostly policy that is highly subjective (presented as almost fact-like)
The bad things list is just softer items, i.e. he’s been a naughty boy

My point is that people need to look at what they read with context. Too many (on both sides) read partisan belief-reinforcing content as if it were the official (centrist) news

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]954410865993879558[/tweet]

Nope. I don't know what he's talking about either.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I think he's saying he is pro life to the white churchies but is still considering forced abortions in migrant communities to make America Great again. Not sure though.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

He said "born" instead of "aborted" by mistake. There's a lot of things I'll have a go at Trump at, obviously, but accidentally saying the wrong word isn't one of them because it could happen to anyone.

I was pretty confused at first, though.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
He said "born" instead of "aborted" by mistake. There's a lot of things I'll have a go at Trump at, obviously, but accidentally saying the wrong word isn't one of them because it could happen to anyone.

I was pretty confused at first, though.

People in the States get abortions at 9 months?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
People in the States get abortions at 9 months?

You can have an abortion in extreme circumstances at 9 months in the UK e.g. risk to mother's life. No idea how it works in the States or what the statistics are. The statement might not make any sense even without his mistake - I don't know. But, if you replace "born" with "aborted" then at least you can comprehend what he says!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You can have an abortion in extreme circumstances at 9 months in the UK e.g. risk to mother's life. No idea how it works in the States or what the statistics are. The statement might not make any sense even without his mistake - I don't know. But, if you replace "born" with "aborted" then at least you can understand what he says!

OK, I didn't know that. Normally I'd agree with your previous comment about getting a word wrong. We all do it. But, this guy...

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
OK, I didn't know that. Normally I'd agree with your previous comment about getting a word wrong. We all do it. But, this guy...

The US government has just shutdown. Here's what the plonker had to say a few years ago:

Trump spoke to “Fox & Friends” in 2013 and was asked who would be fired during a government shutdown, as shown in a clip posted by "Morning Joe."

“Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump said. “I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”

He said that further down in history, “when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.”

“They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington,” Trump said.

“So I really think the pressure is on the president,” he added.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-obama-for-2013-government-shutdown-resurface

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Really? An abortion is a termination. A fetus is 'viable' for a few weeks before the EDD. Why terminate when you could deliver a live baby?

Yes.

Babies can occasionally survive as young as 21 weeks. The standard abortion limit is 24 weeks (6 months).

After 6 months is only for extreme circumstances, so for example if there is a risk the mother might die during the process of delivering the baby. Or if there is severe foetal abnormality. I imagine it's relatively rare.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yes.

Babies can occasionally survive as young as 21 weeks. The standard abortion limit is 24 weeks (6 months).

After 6 months is only for extreme circumstances, so for example if there is a risk the mother might die during the process of delivering the baby. Or if there is severe foetal abnormality. I imagine it's relatively rare.

Yeah, I wasn't having a pop but there should be a nuclear option in a freak situation.

Back to Trump. Reagan called Diana 'David' I recall, so wrong words however daft do slip out. Trump is still a bungle**** though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, I wasn't having a pop but there should be a nuclear option in a freak situation.

Back to Trump. Reagan called Diana 'David' I recall, so wrong words however daft do slip out. Trump is still a bungle**** though.

When handing out uni degrees Reagan asked one particular student his name and course.

The student in question happened to be Reagan's son.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You can have an abortion in extreme circumstances at 9 months in the UK e.g. risk to mother's life. No idea how it works in the States or what the statistics are. The statement might not make any sense even without his mistake - I don't know. But, if you replace "born" with "aborted" then at least you can comprehend what he says!

The abortion laws are set by the individual states. The federal law is that the states can not make it illegal but the variation in law (when and under what conditions an abortion can happen) are set by the states.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DUBu-vKVQAAkQ7u.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here