Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Pardon? Dictatorship and nepotism would have to be the end game. What a narrow minded, selfish individual. He seems to be confused with his job description.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pardon? Dictatorship and nepotism would have to be the end game. What a narrow minded, selfish individual. He seems to be confused with his job description.

6 months in and so much achieved

The net is slowly closing in a him. Still a hardcore support for the clown, just the same types that love the Nige

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40715185

I've watched some of this speech, he sounded about as coherent as a drunk on the last bus to Whitehawk in places, and certainly not what you'd expect from a world leader of any political persuasion.

That's aside from his making political speeches to large rallies of young people...can't think where I've seen that before.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Independent article suggesting Trump is basically done whichever way you look at it. The ways it could play out;

Donald Trump's presidency can't be saved - so what happens next?

In light of news reports that President Donald Trump's team is scouring the record for conflicts of interest on special counsel Robert Mueller's team (the essence of chutzpah) and contemplating pardons (of aides and/or himself), it is worth considering how this may all play out.

1. Trump orders Attorney General Jeff Sessions to fire Mueller. Sessions quits, as does Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Associate Attorney General Rachel Brand. Eventually someone agrees to fire Mueller. Republicans either will not pursue impeachment or are obliged to begin impeachment hearings but refuse to vote out articles of impeachment. In 2018, Democrats sweep to victory in the House and gain a seat or two in the Senate. Trump cannot be removed (two-thirds of the Senate is required for removal), but his presidency is in tatters. Some aides or ex-aides face criminal prosecution. LESSON: Republicans' failure to stand up to Trump early dooms his presidency and crashes the GOP.

2. Trump orders Attorney General Jeff Sessions to fire Mueller. Sessions quits, as does Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein and Associate Attorney General Brand. Eventually someone agrees to fire Mueller. Republicans, together with Democrats, pass by a veto-proof majority an independent prosecutor statute. Before impeachment proceedings can finish, Democrats sweep to victory in 2018 in the House and gain a seat or two in the Senate. Trump cannot be removed, but his presidency is in tatters. Some aides or ex-aides face criminal prosecution. LESSON: Fire Mueller, and Congress will hire him back.

3. Republicans join Democrats in warning Trump not to fire Mueller. Mueller remains and keeps digging. Mueller subpoenas damaging documents; Trump refuses to comply. A court orders him to comply. He doesn't. We have a full-blown constitutional crisis. LESSON: Congress cannot delegate all responsibility to Mueller. It must conduct a parallel investigation and, if need be, commence impeachment proceedings.

4. Republicans join Democrats in warning Trump not to fire Mueller. Mueller remains and keeps digging. Mueller subpoenas damaging documents; Trump refuses to comply. A court orders him to comply. He declares this a witch hunt, an attack on his family (or whatever). Then he resigns, claiming he has already made America great. He tells the country that Vice President Mike Pence will carry on in his place. LESSON: Congress must protect Mueller and preserve the possibility that Trump may be forced to resign.

5. Republicans join Democrats in warning Trump not to fire Mueller. Mueller subpoenas damaging documents. Trump complies. The evidence of collusion and/or obstruction is overwhelming. Mueller recommends prosecution or impeachment. The GOP turns on Trump, who is impeached and removed (with the GOP by that time possibly in the minority in one or both houses). LESSON: Congress must protect Mueller and pay the price for failure to oppose Trump's nomination and election.

Is there a sixth scenario in which Mueller exonerates Trump? That's the least likely outcome after Trump has fired former FBI director James Comey and threatened the special counsel. Why would he do those things unless there was something really, really bad to find? And if there is something bad, Mueller will find it. You can understand then why Trump sounds frantic. In no scenario does Trump's presidency recover.

So which do we think it will be? And if there is a 6th scenario, what is that?

Let's try to have a genuine discussion on this, rather than childish name calling and accusations of "fake news".

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Absurd

[tweet]889809797587099648[/tweet]

Guys lost it. Would imagine he's going to resign soon citing mental health and Pence will take over.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Independent article suggesting Trump is basically done whichever way you look at it. The ways it could play out;

So which do we think it will be? And if there is a 6th scenario, what is that?

Let's try to have a genuine discussion on this, rather than childish name calling and accusations of "fake news".

I'd hate to think that we'd go down a route that leaves Mike Pence in charge. Trump may be an uncontrolled buffoon, but Pence is properly nasty.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd hate to think that we'd go down a route that leaves Mike Pence in charge. Trump may be an uncontrolled buffoon, but Pence is properly nasty.

Yeah but Mike Pence isn't going to lean on the nuclear button by mistake. Trump probably will. I'd take Pence any day.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think Trump is both mad and bad but I can't help thinking of Jeremy Corbyn perhaps at Glastonbury etc?

I agree entirely that that was politicisation where it shouldn't be, but the one tiny saving grace by comparison to Trump in this case is that at least his audience wasn't predominantly children.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here