Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looks like working visit to be confirmed for July according to Sky News, with Friday 13th favourite.

Mass protests a certainty

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
tRUMP.jpg

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If Trump does something objectively good, like this historical event, and is outright given credit by those involved, it should be something you can admit, even if you hate everything about him. I didn't vote for him because I can't, but I was delighted that Clinton didn't win because I think she would have been awful. But if I say anything good about him people erupt into this random tangent of attacks and straw man arguments instead of just giving credit where it is due.

By all means though do carry on because when he wins again in 2020 it is going to be amazing to see this thread continue to grow with proper vile rage. The reason he'll win is the same reason he won his first election, people in this thread and people around the globe spend all their time calling everyone who disagrees with them about Trump/Brexit etc. racist/nazi pure evil low life. This sort of ignorance and attitude doesn't win voters, it doesn't bring people to your side, all it does is alienate them. Then you spend time laughing at the 'poor' people who voted him in like some kind of Hunger Games upper class. Instead of just preaching peace and love with hashtags, if those opposing him actually demonstrated it day in and day out, they would have a far far better chance.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
By all means though do carry on because when he wins again in 2020 it is going to be amazing to see this thread continue to grow with proper vile rage. The reason he'll win is the same reason he won his first election

Have to disagree with you on this one, the main reason he won first time was due to people wanting change, and the opposition backing the wrong candidate.

The one thing that the voting public did not know then, was how he would behave and act upon being president. You have to admit that he is far from "Presidential" in his actions and behavior so far, you only have to listen to his 30 minute rant on Fox News yesterday to really see how out of control he is.

The constant drama and issues that have come to the surface since he has been in charge wears people down, I have two Uncles on my wife's side who are born and bred Middle Americans, swore blind that he is the coming messiah before the election...now only a year and a bit into his term, they are scratching their heads and questioning what he is doing, even reconsidering voting for him next time.

Those are his base voters, and if they are baffled by him, you can bet that the large quiet minority groups, women advocates and those on the fence previously will have had enough of this soap opera by then, this is without adding in anything that is going on behind the scenes with the Justice Dept. etc.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Have to disagree with you on this one, the main reason he won first time was due to people wanting change, and the opposition backing the wrong candidate.

The one thing that the voting public did not know then, was how he would behave and act upon being president. You have to admit that he is far from "Presidential" in his actions and behavior so far, you only have to listen to his 30 minute rant on Fox News yesterday to really see how out of control he is.

The constant drama and issues that have come to the surface since he has been in charge wears people down, I have two Uncles on my wife's side who are born and bred Middle Americans, swore blind that he is the coming messiah before the election...now only a year and a bit into his term, they are scratching their heads and questioning what he is doing, even reconsidering voting for him next time.

Those are his base voters, and if they are baffled by him, you can bet that the large quiet minority groups, women advocates and those on the fence previously will have had enough of this soap opera by then, this is without adding in anything that is going on behind the scenes with the Justice Dept. etc.

He also has a lawyer who has just had to plead the 5th in the civil case brought by Stormy Daniels and who is likely to do the same in the criminal case against him. Trump's idiotic phone in on Fox and Friends has hampered his chances in both cases making it more difficult for him to argue attorney client privilege in the criminal and more likely that he is deposed in the civil case.

Trump has proven himself to be teflon in the world of politics, but he is absolutely hopeless in the courts. He doesn't have the best lawyers, because he doesn't listen to the advice of lawyers. Those he does have are at least smart enough to know that his inability to tell the truth means that they have to keep him from doing anything under oath. Their chances of doing this are getting smaller and their main problem is their client's inability to shut up. This won't change. The heat will continue to rise and when the Republicans take a beating in the October mid terms, enough of them should stop covering his back. He'll either end up a lame duck or be forced out altogether. John Oliver captioned this Stupid Watergate and it is likely to end the same way with the GOP turning on it's own.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I’m no Trump supporter and he seems a bit of a knob but to date why is he doing any worse than Obama or others? Much of the noise around him was known when the USA public voted

larus

I’m no Trump supporter and he seems a bit of a knob but to date why is he doing any worse than Obama or others? Much of the noise around him was known when the USA public voted

From my perspective (and this is purely my own personal opinion) a lot of people in the western world are disillusioned by politics/politicians. I know we disagree about Brexit as I believe you voted remain. We’ve lost confidence in our politicians, as with the rise in more access to news and social media, issues can snowball and movements can start which the establishment can no longer control. In the past, the media could be fed stories, but those days are long gone.

So, I feel that Trump, Brexit, 5 Star in Italy (and the other non traditional parties), AfD in Germany, Austria, Greece, Catalan, etc. These are are anti-establishment votes. The masses are getting fed up as they see the elite making empty promises year after year. Trump is just a symptom of this. Clinton should have walked it, yet she was seen as establishment and also the servers/email issue was not good for her. From what I’ve seen, Trumps core vote seems to accept his character failings, as hey feel he’s different (which he clearly is).

I don’t know if he’s been a catalyst in the Korean events, but if he has, then his critics should maybe acknowledge that sometimes non traditional ways can lead to results. After all, what did Obama really achieve in his 8 years. Yes, he was a great orator - but nothing more than that IMO.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

The Democrat partying has been tearing itself apart for years now.

There's a war going on within it with the liberals v the corporate dems vying for control. They have been getting destroyed at the voting booths long before Trump came to power.

People who think voters are instantly going to jump on the Democrats wagon are deluded and not seeing the bigger picture.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Democrat partying has been tearing itself apart for years now.

There's a war going on within it with the liberals v the corporate dems vying for control. They have been getting destroyed at the voting booths long before Trump came to power.

People who think voters are instantly going to jump on the Democrats wagon are deluded and not seeing the bigger picture.

]

They were not destroyed at voting booths.
Trump 61,201,031
Clinton 62,523,126

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From my perspective (and this is purely my own personal opinion) a lot of people in the western world are disillusioned by politics/politicians. I know we disagree about Brexit as I believe you voted remain. We’ve lost confidence in our politicians, as with the rise in more access to news and social media, issues can snowball and movements can start which the establishment can no longer control. In the past, the media could be fed stories, but those days are long gone.

So, I feel that Trump, Brexit, 5 Star in Italy (and the other non traditional parties), AfD in Germany, Austria, Greece, Catalan, etc. These are are anti-establishment votes. The masses are getting fed up as they see the elite making empty promises year after year. Trump is just a symptom of this. Clinton should have walked it, yet she was seen as establishment and also the servers/email issue was not good for her. From what I’ve seen, Trumps core vote seems to accept his character failings, as hey feel he’s different (which he clearly is).

I don’t know if he’s been a catalyst in the Korean events, but if he has, then his critics should maybe acknowledge that sometimes non traditional ways can lead to results. After all, what did Obama really achieve in his 8 years. Yes, he was a great orator - but nothing more than that IMO.

Agree with all of that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here