Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
On point with Trump's message. This isn't a bad look. Not at all.

[tweet]980175772206993409[/tweet]

Oh my days. At 0:48, the key line, spoken by 30 media anchors simultaneously

"Unfortunately some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control exactly what people think"

George Orwell eat your heart out

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
John Oliver should have been given credit by that Tweeter. He and his team did a deep dive into the Sinclair Broadcast Group;

[YT]GvtNyOzGogc[/YT]

[YT]kCkuuzDOKwE[/YT]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DalZRI-WsAEVGY6.jpg

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have a genuine question, is there a name or previous time in which a nations (supposedly neutral) media so passionately and so desperately supported a candidate for leadership that then lost? I ask because I have never seen such an outpouring of hatred against a leader from supposed reliable news sources. I am fully aware of it being the other way around from history classes with leaders having full control of media outlets and spreading propaganda but never the opposite kind of thing, it's really quite a unique spectacle to witness in such a prominent country.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I have a genuine question, is there a name or previous time in which a nations (supposedly neutral) media so passionately and so desperately supported a candidate for leadership that then lost? I ask because I have never seen such an outpouring of hatred against a leader from supposed reliable news sources. I am fully aware of it being the other way around from history classes with leaders having full control of media outlets and spreading propaganda but never the opposite kind of thing, it's really quite a unique spectacle to witness in such a prominent country.

It's not all fake news outlets. The media is classed as generally Conservative in the US. from the more liberal press even the NY Times healthily attacked Clinton over the emails before the election.
Fox news, avid Trump links and support, is the big national cable network, their Sinclair Group broadcasts 70% of local news channels, the National Enquirer with his ex men on the Board sells him to his core support.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have a genuine question, is there a name or previous time in which a nations (supposedly neutral) media so passionately and so desperately supported a candidate for leadership that then lost?

i wonder where the idea came from that the media was supposed to be neutral. some like to claim to be impartial, there's always editorial and consequently political bias. there's degrees of integrity from the news organisations, how overtly they'll let their prejudices show or try to provide some balance even when they dislike some facets of a story.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London

It’s because he has not only no moral compass, but no compass at all. He’s the classic caricature of the classroom idiot. He wakes up. He reacts. He’s a privileged man (so they say) with no presence in the real world. If you defend him for his privileged, tower block view, he’s fooled you into thinking he gives an actual **** about you or your kind. All he cares about is himself. I have heard many good and varied ideas about politics. But nothing from this man. Don’t pretend he’s anything to support. He’s an awful man and history will show his cowardice.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It’s because he has not only no moral compass, but no compass at all. He’s the classic caricature of the classroom idiot. He wakes up. He reacts. He’s a privileged man (so they say) with no presence in the real world. If you defend him for his privileged, tower block view, he’s fooled you into thinking he gives an actual **** about you or your kind. All he cares about is himself. I have heard many good and varied ideas about politics. But nothing from this man. Don’t pretend he’s anything to support. He’s an awful man and history will show his cowardice.

This,
every word

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Apologies if this has been posted before. I came across this "prediction" by the late Spike Milligan the other day:

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all the people some of the time, which is just long enough to be president of the United States."

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Comey...."Trump morally unfit to be President". Just confirms everything we already knew

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Fox News?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Said it before, I'm saying it again.

Rejoice NSC friends, you, and your children are living through a period in history which will be spoken of in hundreds of years.

A reality TV president with clear mental health issues, quite apart from Narcissism, who will define American reach for the next two decades OR drive civilisation off a cliff.

Hold on for the ride...and enjoy.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh,he's still President then? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I ask because I have never seen such an outpouring of hatred against a leader from supposed reliable news sources.

It is because of the things he says and does that reasonable people hate him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Totally agree. Plus I don't believe a word he says. Even if it seems totally believable, I reckon it's bull.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What fun. Michael Cohen’s lawyer just had to reveal that Sean Hannity is a client of Cohen’s.

extra amusing, pro-Trump conspiracy nuts were suggesting Cohen wasnt a lawyer on the basis he didnt have other clients. now he has clients after all, its one of their priests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here