Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What? You commented on my post first fella.

I may have done tbf, however I was responding to the part of your comment bigging up Comey as "firing shots left and right. Impressive." I just reminded you that one of his shots was scaremongering that's all.

He said:"The Russians are playing tricks with the US, creating an illusion and manipulating the minds of the American people."

That is one hell of a shot.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I may have done tbf, however I was responding to the part of your comment bigging up Comey as "firing shots left and right. Impressive." I just reminded you that one of his shots was scaremongering that's all.

He said:"The Russians are playing tricks with the US, creating an illusion and manipulating the minds of the American people."

That is one hell of a shot.

Ah! I was beginning to think I'd had a lapse or something.

Fair enough.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ah I see, it is clear that Comey is brainwashed with cold war syndrome. Russians are playing tricks with the US, creating an illusion and manipulating the minds of the American people. Really spooooky all this control that Putin has.

As per Comey's testimony today - Full text: James Comey testimony transcript on Trump and Russia

BURR: Okay. When did you become aware of the cyber intrusion?

COMEY: The first cyber -- there was all kinds of cyber intrusions going on all the time. The first Russian-connected cyber intrusion I became aware of in the late summer of 2015.

BURR: And in that time frame, there were more than the DNC and the D triple C that were targets?

COMEY: Correct, a massive effort to target government and non-governmental, near governmental agencies like non-profits.

BURR: What would be the estimate of how many entities out there the Russians specifically targeted in that time frame?

COMEY: It's hundreds. I suppose it could be more than 1,000, but it's at least hundreds.

BURR: When did you become aware that data had been efiltrated?

COMEY: I'm not sure exactly. I think either late '15 or early '16.

Russia targeted hundreds of different entities with cyber intrusion. They successfully infiltrated the DNC and released a bucketload of leaked e-mails and other data that potentially helped changed the result of the 2016 US Presidential election.

And yet you think it is Comey that is brainwashed?

...mkay.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As per Comey's testimony today - Full text: James Comey testimony transcript on Trump and Russia

Russia targeted hundreds of different entities with cyber intrusion. They successfully infiltrated the DNC and released a bucketload of leaked e-mails and other data that potentially helped changed the result of the 2016 US Presidential election.

And yet you think it is Comey that is brainwashed?

...mkay.

You are making it sound like no other country hacks. Comey has said. "The Russians are playing tricks with the US, creating an illusion and manipulating the minds of the American people." A few hacked emails doesn't swing an election, Hillary was giving her emails away in a private account.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You are making it sound like no other country hacks.

What does that have to do with anything? Just because other countries attempt to hack, doesn't make it okay that Russia successfully hacked the DNC.

Comey has said. "The Russians are playing tricks with the US, creating an illusion and manipulating the minds of the American people." A few hacked emails doesn't swing an election, Hillary was giving her emails away in a private account.

Approximately 20,000 e-mails were hacked from the DNC and provided to Wikileaks. 58,000 messages were also hacked from the account of John Podesta, Clinton's campaign chairman. This wasn't just "a few hacked e-mails". It was a targeted campaign by a foreign government to affect the result of the US Presidential election. We will never know whether the barrage of negative press that those leaked e-mails created had a decisive effect on altering the outcome of the election, but it is a distinct possibility.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What does that have to do with anything? Just because other countries attempt to hack, doesn't make it okay that Russia successfully hacked the DNC.

Approximately 20,000 e-mails were hacked from the DNC and provided to Wikileaks. 58,000 messages were also hacked from the account of John Podesta, Clinton's campaign chairman. This wasn't just "a few hacked e-mails". It was a targeted campaign by a foreign government to affect the result of the US Presidential election. We will never know whether the barrage of negative press that those leaked e-mails created had a decisive effect on altering the outcome of the election, but it is a distinct possibility.

What specific emails had a negative effect on the election?

I thought it was the Americans who were fed up with the regime change policy that lost it for Clinton. May have had something to do with it?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
What specific emails had a negative effect on the election?

I thought it was the Americans who were fed up with the regime change policy that lost it for Clinton. May have had something to do with it?

Not one specific email had a negative effect, the fact that so many were able to be hacked and released is what made people sit up and think there was wrong doing on the Clinton side of things. The large scale reaction of negativity towards Clinton was more in the form of people raising their hands in disbelief, assuming that the Democrats had something to hide due to the release of the hacked emails.

Whoever hacked and released the large number of emails achieved what they set out to do, create a problem and diversion that was not really that politically revealing. If any other name from the Democrats had been on the ticket, this would not have been such a big deal, the fact that there was drama, and the Clinton name is involved again, people automatically turned on her. If Bernie had been the candidate, this would not have been such an issue.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not one specific email had a negative effect, the fact that so many were able to be hacked and released is what made people sit up and think there was wrong doing on the Clinton side of things. The large scale reaction of negativity towards Clinton was more in the form of people raising their hands in disbelief, assuming that the Democrats had something to hide due to the release of the hacked emails.

Whoever hacked and released the large number of emails achieved what they set out to do, create a problem and diversion that was not really that politically revealing. If any other name from the Democrats had been on the ticket, this would not have been such a big deal, the fact that there was drama, and the Clinton name is involved again, people automatically turned on her. If Bernie had been the candidate, this would not have been such an issue.

The trouble is the DNC rigged the election in her favour. If they had not been so corrupt themselves then Bernie may have become President. It's not about what Trump or Russia did, the DNC cut off their noses to spite their face.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
The trouble is the DNC rigged the election in her favour. If they had not been so corrupt themselves then Bernie may have become President. It's not about what Trump or Russia did, the DNC cut off their noses to spite their face.

I agree with you that Bernie would have become president, but I will respectfully disagree that the nation was not influenced by the Trump campaign cashing in on the back of someone hacking and releasing emails.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I thought he was the God-Emperor Trump :shrug:

Charlie Chaplin should remain above this, I agree.

Great that Comey is the first person in over 6 months to silence Trump and stop him tweeting, at least for a few hours.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I agree with you that Bernie would have become president, but I will respectfully disagree that the nation was not influenced by the Trump campaign cashing in on the back of someone hacking and releasing emails.

The US was influenced by Clinton's regime change policy. America woke up and don't want to be at war in the Middle East.

deena_gold

Banned
Jun 5, 2017
Time to move on and let Trump carry on doing his job helping the American people. He was right to fire Comedy for leaking his conversations about Flyn tho.

Now we get back to policy thank goodness.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
The US was influenced by Clinton's regime change policy. America woke up and don't want to be at war in the Middle East.

The troop removals from the Middle East began in 2008, one year after Bush vetoed the original Bill. Even back in 2007, 55% of the nation wanted out of any conflicts, America did not wake up and want out during this last round of elections, the last troops were removed in 2011, only since ISIS has risen have any US troops returned.

A few of the strong supporters of Trump that I associate with here are very, very annoyed with him for not delivering on any of his major campaign promises. Most notably the Border Wall, Repeal Obamacare and imprison Clinton, they are equally miffed as to why he would remove the US from the Paris Climate Change deal.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The troop removals from the Middle East began in 2008, one year after Bush vetoed the original Bill. Even back in 2007, 55% of the nation wanted out of any conflicts, America did not wake up and want out during this last round of elections, the last troops were removed in 2011, only since ISIS has risen have any US troops returned.

You are missing out since 2011 destroying Libya and being a partner with extreme Islam to overthrow Assad that has led to the destruction of Syria as well. Trump supporters saw the US regime digging another hole for itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here