Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump did say his presidency would be Brexit x 10, so far he's about right. Hopefully the world will learn from all this

larus

If anybody thinks they can't be arsed to read the whole thing, just read point 9. Let's see him try and pardon himself out of that one. ****

I have no idea as I've not read the tweets, but we've heard this for so long now that "it's only a few days until he gets impeached". It seems too many of the left-wing luvvies have their knickers so twisted they are praying for things to go wrong.

A prime example of this is J K Rowling accusing Trump of ignoring a disabled boy. She got put in her place as being 100% wrong, but wasn't big enough to apologise to Trump for getting it wrong. She said she get it wrong, but didn't apologise and there's a big difference. These luvvies want to appear all pious and important, but aren't big enough to say sorry, so no better than Trump IMO.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have no idea as I've not read the tweets, but we've heard this for so long now that "it's only a few days until he gets impeached". It seems too many of the left-wing luvvies have their knickers so twisted they are praying for things to go wrong.

A prime example of this is J K Rowling accusing Trump of ignoring a disabled boy. She got put in her place as being 100% wrong, but wasn't big enough to apologise to Trump for getting it wrong. She said she get it wrong, but didn't apologise and there's a big difference. These luvvies want to appear all pious and important, but aren't big enough to say sorry, so no better than Trump IMO.

The bolded quote is Louise Mensch lunacy. More measured commentators caution it is still months away yet. The investigation is proceding carefully, obviously not publishing their findings as they go, and process will be followed correctly. So far the fire isn't revealed - just the billowing smoke.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Nice bit of false equivalency there. Okay Trump may have repeatedly lied, colluded with an enemy power, obstructed justice, used the presidency for personal financial gain, and used all the power available to him in a personal vendetta to undo the legislation of the previous president because his feelings were hurt by a joke at a press dinner, but an author of kids books actually said something on Twitter that was untrue, so she is just as bad.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This guy is taking a lot of flack when all he wants to do is help Russian orphans. He'll cheat and lie and abuse Presidential power for those poor kidskis.

larus

Nice bit of false equivalency there. Okay Trump may have repeatedly lied, colluded with an enemy power, obstructed justice, used the presidency for personal financial gain, and used all the power available to him in a personal vendetta to undo the legislation of the previous president because his feelings were hurt by a joke at a press dinner, but an author of kids books actually said something on Twitter that was untrue, so she is just as bad.

Not at all. I am no fan of Trump, but then again Clinton is a nasty piece of work IMO too. Do I think Trump is doing a good job? - no. However, it's amusing to see the rejection of the Paris accord and the luvvies getting all upset about this saying he doesn't have the authority, when he has as much authority to get rid of this as Obama had to implement it.

Regarding your other comments as to what he has/hasn't done. These are accusations which are not proven yet and come from the luvvies in the press who object to his style. I know fake news is a favourite buzz-word at the moment, but news outlets are all responsible for the excessive sensationalising of any news event. We even see it in the reporting of weather events like flooding FFS. They get the camera angle in such a place to make it look really bad, but if you pan the camera out and see the reality it's not as extreme as portrayed. You get boxing fights as "Fight of the Century", etc, etc. So yes, I am sceptical of news reporting as so much is misrepresented IMO. Too many people want to be the news and not report actual, factual news.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Ive posted time and time again that acid washed is a term for scouring a hard drive with multiple refences to bleachbot and there are multiple sources. You can argue about semantics as much as you like but it wont get you anywhere.
Yes but you said: "The facts that hillary had a private sevrerm which was acid washed and smashed up" and so far have given me (disputed) references to two laptops being destroyed and a number of emails being deleted - leaving aside acid washed which seems to mean whatever you and Trump decide - where is the evidence that a server has been smashed up?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not at all. I am no fan of Trump, but then again Clinton is a nasty piece of work IMO too. Do I think Trump is doing a good job? - no. However, it's amusing to see the rejection of the Paris accord and the luvvies getting all upset about this saying he doesn't have the authority, when he has as much authority to get rid of this as Obama had to implement it.

Regarding your other comments as to what he has/hasn't done. These are accusations which are not proven yet and come from the luvvies in the press who object to his style. I know fake news is a favourite buzz-word at the moment, but news outlets are all responsible for the excessive sensationalising of any news event. We even see it in the reporting of weather events like flooding FFS. They get the camera angle in such a place to make it look really bad, but if you pan the camera out and see the reality it's not as extreme as portrayed. You get boxing fights as "Fight of the Century", etc, etc. So yes, I am sceptical of news reporting as so much is misrepresented IMO. Too many people want to be the news and not report actual, factual news.

I take it you were at the inauguration?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

She has apologised in some detail.

larus

She has apologised in some detail.

She played the man and then said she got it wrong. Never apologised to the man she wronged.

Accusing someone of doing something and then not apologising to that person is not right. She tried to take the high ground on an issue of morality. yet fails on morality. I'm not defending Trump - I just think there is too much of a witch hunt here. There are questionable things about him (but there were about Hilary and deleting emails too), but some of the accusations appear to be spite and no more. The more of this "crying wolf" there is about him, the less believable it becomes.

I think the new appointment of the general will be a good thing as long as Trump has the ability to listen to him.

If he does stay, the circus of events needs to go away for the sake of the world.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
White House officials tricked by email prankster says Fake News CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/31/p...ficials-tricked-by-email-prankster/index.html

A self-described "email prankster" in the UK fooled a number of White House officials into thinking he was other officials, including an episode where he convinced the White House official tasked with cyber security that he was Jared Kushner and received that official's private email address unsolicited.

"Tom, we are arranging a bit of a soirée towards the end of August," the fake Jared Kushner on an Outlook account wrote to the official White House email account of Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert. "It would be great if you could make it, I promise food of at least comparible (sic) quality to that which we ate in Iraq. Should be a great evening."
Bossert wrote back: "Thanks, Jared. With a promise like that, I can't refuse. Also, if you ever need it, my personal email is" (redacted).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why on earth would they be discussing the adoption of Russian children? Bizarrer and bizarrer.
It's because Putin stopped those adoptions as retaliation for the Magnitsky Act - which cracks down on Putin's top cronies money laundering and access to assets bought in the US. So talking about adoptions really means talking about lifting the Magnitsky Act.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It's because Putin stopped those adoptions as retaliation for the Magnitsky Act - which cracks down on Putin's top cronies money laundering and access to assets bought in the US. So talking about adoptions really means talking about lifting the Magnitsky Act.

Thanks for the info. So... he's effectively helping Putin's cronies? In the middle of an election campaign?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Apparently yesterday's removal of Scaramucci was "a great day for the White House" according to Trump on Twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here