NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unbelievable. Utterly unbelievable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just how many people are they expecting on Sunday? Massively overestimating by the looks of it. Hove seem to manage well with numbers after cricket evenings.

I have a horrible feeling Sunday is going to be a bit embarrassing. Had the season not petered out the way it did, and had the various excessive parade measures not been applied, it might be a bit different.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm afraid this is going to be embarrassing in terms of turn out.
Over controlled and over managed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I fear for this and the reason why I am not bothering

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have a horrible feeling Sunday is going to be a bit embarrassing. Had the season not petered out the way it did, and had the various excessive parade measures not been applied, it might be a bit different.

Numbers will be reasonable thanks to the weather forecast but no need to turn the lawns into zones. A bit of rain and people wouldn't bother.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I wouldn't take all the serial grizzlers, whingers and hand-wringers on NSC as any kind of barometer. If the weather is decent then the turnout will be good.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I wouldn't take all the serial grizzlers, whingers and hand-wringers on NSC as any kind of barometer. If the weather is decent then the turnout will be good.
Indeed. The locals will descend en masse.

If a few NSC malcontents miss out on the party then so what ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The locals will descend en masse.

This is a Hove station closure/exit only thread.

The locals will descend en masse on Hove station at precisely the end of the station closure/exit only two hour window (6.30pm - 8.30pm), a window which is presumably designed to prevent overcrowding at the station. That's the exact same two hour window when the bulk of the people will be at Hove Lawns watching the big screens. So the overcrowding will actually start at 8.30pm. #southernfail

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They may need to Trump up the turnout. I'm sure it will be amazing, it's going to be just great.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yep, though due to the late timing expect a lot by the pier and fewer by the stage. That's what we're doing.

Reckon the vast majority of folks like me and thee will opt for hanging out by the pier and trot alongside the only bus that matters for a little bit, rather than be stuck in some crappy holding pen for hours on end. Which probably means a huge number of people hanging out by the pier.

Funny how the club's most iconic moments tend to be in spite of the club's officially sanctioned instructions, rather than because of them. The people will decide. Long may it remain so!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
You have to wonder about Southern Fail though.

In the Goldstone days there would sometimes be crowds of up to 30k including rival fans, so much fun at the station back then. And look at the present day, with Falmer hosting of crowds near 30k and Flamer station is smaller than Hove.

As somebody said earlier, maybe it's because there's no money to be made by SF, only to be lost be employing extra staff.

They are keeping open the option of extending the "No access to the trains" period, if anything like a queue shows a sign of building up.

I have to say, as someone who worked as a public transport planner for most of my working life, that I would be ashamed if I was responsible for this decision. Yes, there can be safety issues when demand for services spikes, but the job of the decision maker is to overcome those problems, not just cave in.

But this is SASTA, of course.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here