Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove station CLOSED on Sunday

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You cant get on a train there to go home from the parade.

http://www.southernrailway.com/

Brighton Promotion Parade Sunday 14th May
The Brighton and Hove Albion Promotion Parade is taking place this Sunday 14 May. Train services to and from Brighton are expected to be very busy. Rest assured, additional staff will be on hand to ensure smooth sailing to the seafront. A queuing system will be in place at Brighton station.
On the day from 1830 until 2030 Hove station will be exit only.
Have a great time and remember to carry a bottle of water as the weather is expected to be hot.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Isn't it simply 'exit only' from 6.30pm till 8.30pm then back to normal after that?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why can't they keep Hove open can't be that difficult to have a queuing system in place outside the station given the narrow entrance.
What would Southern have done in the Goldstone days closed Hove and Aldrington all day?

Amateurs

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Have I missed the bit where it says Hove station is closed after the parade?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just how many people are they expecting on Sunday? Massively overestimating by the looks of it. Hove seem to manage well with numbers after cricket evenings.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
SASTA get no revenue benefit on their management contract so their profit maximising tactic is to claim "Safety Risk!!" and thus incur no more staffing costs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Same principle as closing Preston Park on Brighton Marathon day I guess. Not many businesses close due to 'excess customers expected'........

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just booked a drive way on Just Park.
Cost £5.70 and is about 1/2 mile from Hove Lawns.
Sorted!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I don't get the moaning, it's exit only for two hours. Doesn't seem much of an issue. Given how the station is set up it makes sense of they are expecting a huge crowd

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't get the moaning, it's exit only for two hours. Doesn't seem much of an issue. Given how the station is set up it makes sense of they are expecting a huge crowd

Sorry, but the station closure/exit only timings of 6.30pm - 8.30pm make no sense at all.

The buses are scheduled to arrive at Hove Lawns at 6.30pm. By the time they get all the players, councillors on stage, do the introductions, speeches etc. it'll be probably getting on for 8pm. And by the time the mass of Westbound spectators start meandering up to Hove station it'll be about, oh, let's say, 8.30pm? Just about the time they'll be re-opening the station to entering customers :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here