Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermain DeFoe

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I said on the Toure thread, when Leicester were promoted in 2014, they signed Esteban Cambiasso on a free transfer from Inter Milan, ahead of other established Premier League clubs that wanted him. Strange things do happen.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If reports are true that Knocky and Stephens are both now on around £40k p/w, don't you think Bloom would be willing to splash out on a FREE transfer at double those wages for a proven Premier League goal scorer?

I think he would be willing... but obviously Defoe has to be willing too...

He won't be a free

How much of a signing on fee do you think he will want considering loads of clubs want him.

He's a 7/8 million player on a free- I would imagine he will ask for at least half of that as a signing on fee.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If reports are true that Knocky and Stephens are both now on around £40k p/w, don't you think Bloom would be willing to splash out on a FREE transfer at double those wages for a proven Premier League goal scorer?

I think he would be willing... but obviously Defoe has to be willing too...

What reports ? Tis speculation. Defoe would command 100k a week. The club would not pay that.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
That seems like a pretty dumb clause to give a player. If they want to leave a club on a free and get a hefty signing on fee at their new club, it becomes in their interest to get their present club relegated.

Chances are it was the only way we could sign him as he does not want to play in the championship I wouldn't think given the level he is still playing at

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chances are it was the only way we could sign him as he does not want to play in the championship I wouldn't think given the level he is still playing at
Which is fair as long as there's a price attached, rather than leave on a free.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But if he wouldn't sign without it then it's a fair deal in my eyes
It doesn't make sense if the player is encouraged to play badly and get the team to lose.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Ive seen it all now... A Bournemouth fan mocking us about money... couldn't make it up! CHEATS!

blah blah blah...we paid our dues, we helped you lot out with Murray so dry yer eyes.

We just got a £122 million cheque delivered apparently, fancy Jordon Ibe ?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

Love this comment on the readytogo site

Father Jack Hackett
Striker
JonnotheMackem said: ↑
To play for a club that gave him his first chance in a first XI and earn £115,000 a week.
In front of 11,000 fans. Tranmere had more than them the other week, in the Conference.
Today at 5:22 PM
Bladecat likes this.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
blah blah blah...we paid our dues, we helped you lot out with Murray so dry yer eyes.

We just got a £122 million cheque delivered apparently, fancy Jordon Ibe ?

Cut out all the billy big bollocks stuff mate, when you go down (and you will at some point) then I fully expect you to hurtle back down the leagues and drop back to your 4000 figures.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Love this comment on the readytogo site

Father Jack Hackett
Striker
JonnotheMackem said: ↑
To play for a club that gave him his first chance in a first XI and earn £115,000 a week.
In front of 11,000 fans. Tranmere had more than them the other week, in the Conference.
Today at 5:22 PM
Bladecat likes this.

Did the Withdean in front of 6500 stop you signing anyone or did they choose Tranmere instead ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here